Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Knecht air filter canisters
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
retrowagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Knecht air filter canisters Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a good source for the Knecht air filter canisters suitable for a single throat -type of carburetor? I am building up a dual carbureted 36hp Volkswagen engine [with a period Autotechnik KG "Express" kit] for my '57 Karmann-Ghia, and I am stuck for air filters. I have noticed that many Oettinger Okrasa kits used the Knecht filter assemblies, as did Porsche Normals. The Express kit used stock Solex 28PCI carburetors in tandem. Any lead (other than "EBAY, DUDE!") would be much appreciated.

Best regards,
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry... ebay and The Samba classified are your best bet.

You can also try Pelicanparts.com. They have a forum and classified section.

Good luck.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hlwimmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave: i may have an extra set that fit zenith 32s from a 63 356 (also fit kadrons and likely other carbs with the same neck size). they're larger than the "okrasa" ones that fit the 28s. there's also an outfit in germany that makes them (reichert (sp?)).

funny coincidence... a guy in belgium who has a set of the reicherts recently asked me about the 356>>VW oil filler bracket that john made. maybe you can make a "friend" who can help you to get some. i'll try to attach a photo of his engine...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
L431,58 Omar Almada
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject: Knetch aircleaners Reply with quote

Dave

You are going to need the carb elbows or the engine lid will hit the airfilters when you close it, I have an Okrasa 1300 TSVs fited in my 58 ghia cabrio and for the moment I am using early mushroom knetch airfilters , and I also had to remove engine lid springs .
I have to pairs of the airmesh knetch 356 style, if you are interested.
I am still looking to have those elbows made.

Let me know

Omar
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: