Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The East Coast to 2012 OCTO BD Caravan
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: I will be there Reply with quote

I will be leaving ATL with at least a two car hauler to meet up with the caravan in Jackson, MS off I-20. I suppose I will wait to hear from you guys when you hit mobile, AL to leave for jackson. I have one maybe two open spots on my trailer for another ride. I know Mike Reed wanted Serena's bus to go, so just need to know if her bus is on my trailer or if someone up here wants to jump on. keep me posted! Chadd Twisted Evil
57 Panel, 66 highroof panel, 65 Notch, 59 Vert, 61 Vert, 1969 Fridolin, 'Reggie ' 66 RV, 65 Pipe Truck, 65 RHD T-34, 70 dbl slider panel, 1969 Deep sea green sunroof automatic square, the greypoop-on, and a shit load of wheels!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: map Reply with quote

I have done this trip many times. I would suggest you guys leave FLA and head to mobile, AL. then head north to jackson, ms. thru dallas to el paso, tx. then the last leg to fullerton, cA. I have done this in three days easy, however with some people driving their buses, it will take longer. this route is also better for more options in case of trouble on the road. if you were to break down this trip in three day sections, long sections, it would be jackson, ms destination #1, el paso, tx destination #2, and fullerton, ca destination #3. I know you will need to take 4-5 days to make this journey easy on you, but you need to decide if you want to drive hard on the way out, and take it easy on the way back, or vice versa. tx is a full day on it's own. I know of good places to stop along the way if the final destinations are not met every day. guess we should start a list of the people going for sure, and how and what they are driving.
1. Gerson, 3 bus hauler
2. Chadd, at least 2 car hauler, Highroof panel, ????????
57 Panel, 66 highroof panel, 65 Notch, 59 Vert, 61 Vert, 1969 Fridolin, 'Reggie ' 66 RV, 65 Pipe Truck, 65 RHD T-34, 70 dbl slider panel, 1969 Deep sea green sunroof automatic square, the greypoop-on, and a shit load of wheels!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gerson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be driving my 54 deluxe and taking my F350 4 door....if someone out there wants to drive the F350 out, they are welcomed to...the Ford can fit 4 comfortably, and I can fit at least 2 or 3 in the deluxe....I am also looking for someone to drive the F350 back to South Florida..

1. Gerson, 2 bus hauler, 54 deluxe

we (klassicfab) make the funky green panels...........
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BulletBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be driving the 53 in the Gerson train with Mike from Jax as my co-pilot. And the plan, if all goes to plan, is for Mike and I to drive the three car hauler back. I am in the process of changing all my stock stuff to lowered speed stuff to make the trip more enjoyable. I will keep you informed Gerson if something strange happens and things fall to shit. But for now, all is a go!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gerson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, so as of right now we have

3. Bulletbus 1953 bus

we (klassicfab) make the funky green panels...........
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
david9
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerson wrote:
I will be driving my 54 deluxe and taking my F350 4 door....if someone out there wants to drive the F350 out, they are welcomed to...the Ford can fit 4 comfortably, and I can fit at least 2 or 3 in the deluxe....I am also looking for someone to drive the F350 back to South Florida..

I might be interested in driving the hauler out.
wide5guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, so as of right now we have

3. Bulletbus 1953 bus
4. Wide5guy( Bill)67 Westy(not a barndoor I know)
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Not a barndoor Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
BumbleBuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to get the first week off for the trip. Still not 100% I'm going to be able to get the second week off. My current plan is to roll out of ATL on the 2nd in the afternoon after the YU Buggin VW show @ the Atlanta Motor Speedway. After the last 20 hour hop in my bus (Key West to Atlanta) I know I need new shocks and my front seats redone before this epic adventure.
scottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping this one up. Anyone coming through Colorado? I'm planning on leaving Wed June 6th, heading out 70 then south to Vegas.
Stevo Wide 5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still working details out!

If I drive my bus (67 sundial) I'll have some spots open for people to share a ride and split fuel costs! .

If I can't find at least 2 co riders to split the costs I'll be a co driver for whoever wants me and split costs with the driver!

Let me know if anyone is interested!

Check out my Aircooled blog @ http://stevo.skyblogs.be
Wide 5 Vintage Volkswagen Club
http://www.wide5.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BumbleBuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the time off. New KYBs on the bus. Seats going in this week. From the looks of this thread, I'll be solo.

See you guys in Cali!
volksheads
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like there is going to be a crew of us cruising out the I-40 route as well. Probably leaving Sunday from North Carolina with a brief stop off in Albuquerque, NM to collect some more folks before heading into LA Thursday night to get settled before all the festivities. Come join us anywhere along the way!

Piedmont Transporter Owners (PTO)
Home of CTS (Charlotte Transporter Show)
May 20th, 2023 - CTS #20!

'53 Single Cab
'65 Walkthrough Sunroof Standard
'71 Double Cab w/ '64 Heilite Single Wheel
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I posted this in the MVD thread but can't find it, so here goes...

FYI for those of you that haven't done the show scene here on the west coast. Unlike other shows where you can mosey on in after having your starbux and feeling good and ready, most everyone here are at the gate before Dawn's crack in order to get in! Matter'O'factly in recent years the Classic which is biggest show, had to close the gates BEFORE 9am because it was already full! Shocked

I would hate it having traveled so damn long to be turned around at the gate! I know how we all like to party hardy and I do take at least half the week off just for this, but considered yourselves "warned"! Wink

Hope you all make it without any issues both ways! Cool
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updates?!? Confused
wide5guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pyrOman wrote:
Updates?!? Confused
I am unfortunatly out due to a close family member having major surgery that week. I will be driving for 2013. We are talking about having our European crew joining us also. This year I'll just have to check out the pics online Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: