Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

GEX engines
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rubydasilva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: GEX engines Reply with quote

A year ago I bought a 2110 cc engine from Gex for mt 67 fast back( not knowing of the companies bad rep).When the engine arrived it was missing tin,it had the wrong air filters, and other wrong parts.When all was instaled and fixed we noticed another problem the engine leaked oil.My mechanic told me togive it some time to break in and we wil see what happens.Here it is a year later and it is wore.The engine now leaks even more oil,there is hardly and oil pressure and #2 and #4 cylinder did not perform very good during compression tests and leakdown testing.Gex approved all the testing done and now is refusing to pay the bill and larry is trying to deny he authorized the work done to the engine.

Too many of us have been screwed by this company andnow it is time for payback.I have an attorney in logan county which is where Gex is lcated.He is good friends with the atty general of ak.If we get enough people to complain the can do a business fraud investigation.According to my lawyer there are currently 3 complaints being processed now and there have been others in the past. If anyone wants to join in and File a combined complaint to the Atty general of AK send me what happened to you and the outcome with Gex to my email address [email protected]
down and dirty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AK is alaska I think you mean AR for arkansas
rubydasilva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry your right,too early in am for me.Working third shift it's bed time for me.
rubydasilva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone knows of someone who is having issues with gex currently or in the past have them email me. The more compalint that are filed the better.I may never get my money back, crooks like Gex need to be put out of business.
doubledoor64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah GEX sucks i know

but i got 135,000 miles on one of their 1600 dp's Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rubydasilva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

update on engine.My mechanic has pulled the engine and is ready to get into some serious disassembling of the engine.He thinks there is a broken ring and this can cause the engine noise.But he is still not sure where all the oil is comming from.Also the engine looses oil presure once it is warm.I have sent all the info to the atty general and we will see what hapens from there.
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You ran the engine for a year and you're talking about suing GEX? I think you and your attorney are nuts. Should have done something from the start. If I were GEX, I'd run you through the wringer and make you absolutely prove they were at fault, because how would I (GEX) know you hadn't been hard on the engine or made any modifications that would have been detrimental to it's performance?
Waiting a year *after the fact* is plain stupid.
OG Velvet
Samba Family Man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icy wrote:
You ran the engine for a year and you're talking about suing GEX? I think you and your attorney are nuts. Should have done something from the start. If I were GEX, I'd run you through the wringer and make you absolutely prove they were at fault, because how would I (GEX) know you hadn't been hard on the engine or made any modifications that would have been detrimental to it's performance?
Waiting a year *after the fact* is plain stupid.

That's what I was going to say. Why the hell did you wait a year?
'65 Honda Dream
DSF
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was on the advice of his mechanic who told him to "run it till the oil stops leaking" LOL.

Sue him while you're at it... NOT-- bah ha ha ha hah.
Blaubus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GEX is evil beyond comprehension. although they offer a warranty, no one can afford to send back their broken shit more than once or twice, so the customer just gives up, screwed.

these bastards dont even keep the two factory matched/bored/stamped case halves paired... hard to believe someone would do this! this always leads to huge oil leaks overheating and serious problems at the piston. WOW.

we should all pledge to keep pushing this thread to the top of the list for all to see.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rubydasilva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not wait a year.The engine was not installed untill late december 03 and because of the missing parts, wrong air filters and incorrect assembly of the engine,we were unable to run the engine properly until January 04.And since this in the northest and my car is a show car I would have to be a complete idiot to chance driving it douing the winter months.When late spring came around and the roads finally were cleaned I ran the car as much as I could unfortunally the oil leaking began to get worse not better and other problems began to surface the more I drove the car.And just to let you know gex was advised of the problems and missing parts when we first installed the engine and to this day I still do not have them.(proper air filters,all the tin).The car went back to my mechanic mid august.Larry and my mechanic had several disussions and a whole series of tests were approved to diagnose the problem.The issue is gex is denying they approved the work and now does not want to pay the bill.I gave Gex all the oppertunity to do the right thing but they refuse to pay.The car has been sitting at my mechanics shop since august waiting for larry to approve the nessassary repairs.Since Gex is not willing to cooperate I must take other measures.
rubydasilva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mechanic has documented, taken pictures and run tests that show and prove that this engine has problems.All this has been conveyed to Gex and they approved my mechanic to do the work that has been done to this point.We even offered to pull the engine and send it for Gex to repair the work but Larry Has not given the authority needed to do so.I did not abuse the engine nor did I wait a year to complain.I have emailed Gex the pictures to proove that there were missing parts and incorretly installed components.What else can I do I Gex is beeing uncooperative with myself and my mechanic?I have the right as a consumer to get what I payed for.And under their advertising that is a quality built engine.So Icy I have the proof and I have given it to Gex my car is a show car that has been featured in several magazines and now has been invited to one of the largest classic car shows in the northeast.I take pride and great care of my car it is not abused and not intended to drag race.It was intended for me and my daughter to show and to have a hobby together.I only want my car back with a working engine is that too much to ask?
Mr. Bubblehead
El Chupa Nibre

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSF wrote:
It was on the advice of his mechanic who told him to "run it till the oil stops leaking"...

Since when do oil leaks fix themselves? Oh, I guess when the engine runs out of oil.
Samba Member #4862
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rubydasilva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The oil leak was just a drip at first and my mechanic wanted to make sure the gaskets and engine had some break in time.
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rubydasilva wrote:
The oil leak was just a drip at first and my mechanic wanted to make sure the gaskets and engine had some break in time.

Get a new mechanic. When I install a gasket, it shouldn't leak. It's a wonder the two of you can remember to breathe.
hambone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play nice, Icy.
Everybody knows GEX sucks. Old news, eh? I had a 1600 DP from them crap out, like everybody else. It would be nice to have a little legal karma come their way. I wouldn't let it consume you though, hucksters like GEX have been around since the caveman days, selling hollow coconuts or something....and what goes around comes around, ya know? I'm surprised the VW mags allow their ads, but that's another story.
I still think an idiot with the Muir book can do a 1/2 decent job, and for much cheaper. Independence!
rubydasilva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Icy Why dont you read my posts more carefully.Gex built the engine my mechanic just installed the engine.I was following his advice and Gexs' advice to drive the car. visit the web site www.kammotors.com and you will see they have alot of knowledge and are well respected throughout U.S. and even other countries for their work.I am the one getting screwed I paid out of my own pocket what Gex should of paid.
rubydasilva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kam motors installed the engine for me.
rubydasilva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Icy let me make it easier for you to understand my problem it seems to me it is over your head.
1.purchased 2110cc engine from gex with 2 yr warranty
2.it was installed by kam motors in dec 03
3.because of missing tin,wrong air filters,and other problems the engine was not installed untilled january 0f 04
4.when we test drove the car we noticed a small drips of oil,we contacted Gex and they suggested I break in the engine first and see if the leaking stops.It was very cold and the gaskets may have been affected.
5.When the weaher got better I did as Gex wanted and drove the car about 500 miles.
6.oil leaks became worse and the engine lost oil pressure when hot.
7.Informed Gex and they agreed to have it professionally diagnosed by Kam motors.
8.My mechanic has done all the tests Gex wanted and now they are refusing to pay the bill.
9.engine is not repaired because Gex is not willing to pay for the bill so now I have to take other measures to get my money back and get Gex to approve the repairs neeeded.If they want the engine back they can have it!

If you still do not understad my problem then God help you!!!
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rubydasilva wrote:
Hey Icy let me make it easier for you to understand my problem it seems to me it is over your head.
1.purchased 2110cc engine from gex with 2 yr warranty
2.it was installed by kam motors in dec 03
3.because of missing tin,wrong air filters,and other problems the engine was not installed untilled january 0f 04
4.when we test drove the car we noticed a small drips of oil,we contacted Gex and they suggested I break in the engine first and see if the leaking stops.It was very cold and the gaskets may have been affected.
5.When the weaher got better I did as Gex wanted and drove the car about 500 miles.
6.oil leaks became worse and the engine lost oil pressure when hot.
7.Informed Gex and they agreed to have it professionally diagnosed by Kam motors.
8.My mechanic has done all the tests Gex wanted and now they are refusing to pay the bill.
9.engine is not repaired because Gex is not willing to pay for the bill so now I have to take other measures to get my money back and get Gex to approve the repairs neeeded.If they want the engine back they can have it!

If you still do not understad my problem then God help you!!!

I understood your "problem" from the start. Neither your nor your "mechanic" seem to have much mechanical experience. Even thought GEX sucks, they succeeded in running a goat rope, and I see nothing that will resolve your problem. In their defense, how do I (GEX) know you properly prepared the engine for storage since it took so long to be installed? COld weather and gaskets? What a crock!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: