Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Pomona Jan. 2012 items!
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlmostOriginal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Pomona Jan. 2012 items! Reply with quote

So today was the Pomona Swap Meet. The first one of 2012 and my 3rd one I've gone to, all in a row! This time I was able to get some great parts for my bug.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Everything I got (not including a Hebmuller pin) From left to right '65 jack with jack handle $34 (same reason for the price, coming up), tire iron $1 (reason why I got this is coming up), euro amber tail light $2, red tail light $2, and a gas cap (don't remember price).

Close-ups of the Euro Amber tail lights. The middle part (between the blinker and the reflective part) is faded, which I though was odd because the top usually fades REALLY bad REALLY fast!

The pin. Sorry for the blurryness.

The jack inside my bug.

Okay, so the story for the price of the jack and tire iron is this.

I went down the second isle of VW parts and saw a bunch of milk crates filled with parts. I started digging around. I found an early jack ('68 I think) and thought it was original to '65. Turns out it wasn't, so a few isles down, I found an original VW Bilstein jack for '65 in refurbished condition for $45. I only had $34 and asked the nice man if he would take the 1st jack and some money. He said the jack plus $35. I only had $34, and I was able to get it. I think with the blue bottom, it looks SUPERB in my bug. The tire iron was at the same guys area with the first jack and it fit into the holes to telescope the jack up and down. Plus come on, a $1!! What a steal!

California YOM Guide & Stories http://bit.ly/x8izYR

Looking for Catron Motors items and 1963 California plates #NHF 447.

kombi kid wrote:
I asked god for my first VW, I know he doesn't work that way so I stole a bug and asked for forgiveness!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: