Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

http://floridavwrentals.com/ Florida Oldschool Campers
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtdorajohn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: http://floridavwrentals.com/ Florida Oldschool Campers Reply with quote

I found a place in the Tampa area that rents 78 and 79 VW camper buses. My wife and I rented one last weekend and drove down the west coast of Florida, beach camping along the way.

It was great fun and really nice to be able to rent an old VW bus to drive. I recommend it for everyone!

the web site is http://floridavwrentals.com/
jim altemus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: http://floridavwrentals.com/ Reply with quote

mtdorajohn wrote:
I found a place in the Tampa area that rents 78 and 79 VW camper buses. My wife and I rented one last weekend and drove down the west coast of Florida, beach camping along the way.

It was great fun and really nice to be able to rent an old VW bus to drive. I recommend it for everyone!

the web site is http://floridavwrentals.com/

I started a thread looking for feedback on this company and someone pointed me to this. Good to hear you had a good experience. I have a camper reserved with them for the middle of March. I can't wait.

Jim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mtdorajohn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, they are very nice people who are very helpful. We enjoyed our weekend and can't wait to rent again
ConchThing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a faithful customer, I can vouch for the fact that this is such a memorable way to see Florida's many hidden treasures! We rented Jasmine Green Bus last year and she turns lots of heads, very fun to drive! The buses are all unique in their own way and complete with everything you need, all you bring is food and clothes. Dixie and Mike have so much to offer as to what campgrounds and sites would be great for your trip. So much fun and great memories!!! Cool
jim altemus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: A little late to the game, but... Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I just wanted to add my for Florida Old Skool Campers. I rented "Krazy Karl" in March to serve as my hotel/rental car/mobile media center during the 12 Hours of Sebring. "Krazy Karl" performed flawlessly in its assigned task, and Mike was fantastic.

When I arrived at the airport in Tampa, I headed to the baggage claim. I was digging my phone out of my pocket to give him a call, but when I came down the escalator to baggage claim, there was Mike and Krazy Karl! We went over to the cell phone lot, did some paperwork and I was on my way.

Having not driven an old bus before, it took some getting used to. Other than being slow and the shifter being... we'll call it vague, the bus ran fine. I got to Sebring in a few hours and set up camp between Turns 2 and 14. The camper was stocked with everything you would need to camp out, minus the food. I ended up only using the bedding because healthy options were available at the track (and yes, I didn't type that with a straight face.)

What I didn't expect was the attention Krazy Karl got during my time at Sebring. Mike left some business cards with me, but I ran out the first day. People really like seeing that old Westy. I also found out later that the father of Porsche factory driver Patrick Long rented another one of Florida Old Skool's campers and had it next to the team's transporter in the paddock. Cool stuff.

I ended up bringing Karl back a day early (I had to book my travel before knowing the race schedule, so I ended up with an early flight Sunday morning out of Tampa) and Mike was able to accomodate my needs; meeting me at his shop late Saturday night and shuttling me over to my hotel.

If you're looking for an interesting, relaxed way of seeing Florida, give Florida Old Skool Campers a try. You won't be disappointed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: