Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

places for Hi-Lift jack
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VWhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's how I mount it.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

---------------------------------------------
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Crooked Designer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: places for Hi-Lift jack Reply with quote

I know this is a really old thread, but after searching, it looked like this would be the best place to post this. Feel free to point me in a better direction.

Haven't seen any pics of an install like this, so I thought I'd share an option for jack storage if you have a Hi-Lift jack and want to keep it out of the weather.

Duly noted:
This compromises the amount of space you have under the back seat for storage, aux batteries, propexeses, etc...
I have not tried this with a factory rear heater still installed.
I have a Subaru conversion, and the ECU is small.
Not sure what else is under the bench seat on stock vans that could prevent this from being possible.

Also FYI, this is the 36" version of the jack. I have zero lift springs and have never come close to maxing this thing out when lifting the van.

Here's the adaptor to fit the van's jack mounts. You have to take that off for it to fit., but this is how I solved for not having this 15lb piece of steel sliding all over the place under the seat.

These brackets are "hinge mounting hood brackets" for a jeep. I drilled through the front of the kick plate of the seat to make sure they were secure.

Wing nuts make it easy to get off of the brackets.

I have a subaru ECU, so made a somewhat custom box for it. Plywood on the floor covering the deleted spot for the back heater.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: