Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

[email protected] - Blodgett's Bug Barn
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: blodgetts
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 10, 2023
TDC Auto Parts
Banned

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject: [email protected] - Blodgett's Bug Barn Reply with quote

I bought a set of stock VW Rims with whitewall tires and went to pick them up as they were only 1 hour from me. I had been looking at so many different rims I had made a mistake on the price and paid the guys Father $500, the price of the rims were $450 Cody sent me a check for the $50 over payment.

Thanks Cody from Blodgett's Bug Barn San Bernardino, California

Ben.

Ben
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
blodgetts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no problem glad to help hope we do bussiness again!
-cody
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
volksguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to thank cody blodgett [email protected] for the good experiance. Items were exactly as described, and he shipped them quickly. Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sdebaker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Great service, nice item. Reply with quote

Shipped fast. Tool kit was just as described. Great to do business with.
RealAwesomeNinja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been dealing with Stacey and Cody for a while, when I had my bus these guys would try once in a while to do service that wasn't asked for, (most of the time stuff my bus would need so not a big deal.) Overall I would have said pretty good guys.

Key word, WOULD HAVE.

All of the sudden this year our other local shop shut down (Unique Supply) and now Blodgett's thinks they were in the only game in town. I had some ball joints pressed and realized later 2 were torn. I wasn't even sure who tore them so I asked Stacey (the father) if he could replace them and suggested maybe his guys tore the boots. I tore the boots up after finding the original tears taking them off (of course I had to install the arms before I saw the tears) He said it wasn't unreasonable and I dropped my bug off to have them replaced with boots I BOUGHT and SUPPLIED.

4 hours later they refuse to work with the bug and Cody is throwing a fit calling me a liar and saying they don't want to work on my car ever again. Not only did they not do the work they didn't even call me to tell me about their temper tantrum, I had to call them and find out through several employees.

After 3+ years of being loyal to them they turn on me in 1 minute. I can understand if they had called and said "we didn't tear these boots, we are going to charge you for them." That would of been fine, like I said I am not sure if they tore them or if I did. They instead acted very childish (this was no doubt Cody, not Stacey) and didn't even begin to work on the car after I dropped it off and had no intention of doing so.

I would avoid these UN-professionals at all cost. They have shown their true colors (green for greed I am sorry to say) and I will never recommend them again as I used to.

Last edited by RealAwesomeNinja on Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
blodgetts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well its always funny how people will say everything in the story to make the other person look bad and nothing they did was wrong at all. I know exactly who this is because of YOUR bad attitude. First off we got a call of a customer who we had previously installed ball joints into a set of arms that they brought in. They said that there were very small tears in the boots after we put the ball joints in the arms but they had not noticed them untill they had put the arms on the car. Stacey told them to bring the car in and as long as it was something we did then we would fix it. After the car was dropped off it was a couple of hours till we could get it in we noticed that only the top arm ball joint boots were ripped (not little rips as described but completely around the entire ball joint) Top arms have the missalighnments so that you can adj. the camber obviously ripped from trying to adj. the missalighnments. We did not have the customers phone # so we waited untill they called. After they called we informed them that the reason the boots were ripped was because whoever adjusted the missalighnments had ripped them. The son said yes I did rip them when I put them on but that he thought that they were already ripped. Stacey then stepped in and told him that when the son had picked up the arms he looked at them very good and knew they were not ripped like they now were and never even noticed even a small rip, the mechanic also looked at the present cond. of the arms and said that they did not get ripped when he changed them. We told the son that we would change them but would have to charge him the R&R labor of the arms which he did not want to do and said that he would pick up the car, which he did and about an hour later the 20 year old or so's dad called and starded screaming over the phone saying that we had to change them because we ripped them and we were also supposed to do a allighnment and never did that and that we were all a$$holes and we could kiss his a$$ and so on. During the phone conversation and the customer screaming at me I told him that it would be best if he found another mechanic because with his attitude we no longer wanted to do bussiness with him which he said was a bull sh!t excuse and hung up after a couple more swear words.

To the customer: The main reason we were not able to do the alighnment was because your son said he was going to change the ball joints himself. What good would a allighnment do if your going to take the car back apart? Unless you wanted to pay twice for the same thing which I doubt. I could not tell you that over the phone because I doubt you wold have heard me over your screaming.

Thank you for your 3 years of bussiness. -Cody
750 E Central AVE STE #4
San Bernardino, CA.92408
Work: (9093818963
FAX: (909)885-8166
Tues.-Fri./7:00AM-5:00PM<>Sat./8:00AM-5:00PM
Sunday/Closed
Monday/Closed

"SEE OUR OTHER ADS ON" thesamba.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RealAwesomeNinja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodgetts wrote:
Well its always funny how people will say everything in the story to make the other person look bad and nothing they did was wrong at all. I know exactly who this is because of YOUR bad attitude.

First, this is the son, my dad could care less about a bug that I own and was more pissed about how you failed to act like anything close to a professional than anything else. I am not the type of person to call and take aggression out on someone else, but in this case I have to say my dad was not too far off.

blodgetts wrote:

After they called we informed them that the reason the boots were ripped was because whoever adjusted the missalighnments had ripped them. The son said yes I did rip them when I put them on but that he thought that they were already ripped.

I admitted before and I will again that I did further rip the boots. I am will even go so far as to say I could of easily initally ripped them. I agree with this statement.

blodgetts wrote:

Stacey then stepped in and told him that when the son had picked up the arms he looked at them very good and knew they were not ripped like they now were and never even noticed even a small rip, the mechanic also looked at the present cond. of the arms and said that they did not get ripped when he changed them. We told the son that we would change them but would have to charge him the R&R labor of the arms

This is where the seller is lying and why I originally posted. I want people informed before dealing with someone who is a liar and willing to disregard a loyal customer.

I was never told that the I would be charged for the boots or that I even had that option. When I called back 3+ hours later all I was told was that the mechanic was all bent out of shape and no one at the shop would do the work. THIS IS NOT WHAT THE SELLER HAS SAID AND IS AGAIN LYING. All I wanted was the car aligned and went and bought boots for a problem I think in all honesty I could have caused. The boots are not the issue. The seller's integrity is the issue. I was never told what really was going on or informed of any decision to have labor done on the car. I was just told that Cody was pissed off. Imagine placing an order over the phone and dealing with this when something goes wrong.

All I was told was that the mechanics AND Cody were in a bad mood about the car and refused to touch it. I even asked the clerk if an apology would be in order. She said no, come get the car. I was treated like I had done something wrong and offended everyone there.

blodgetts wrote:

dad called and starded screaming over the phone saying that we had to change them because we ripped them and we were also supposed to do a allighnment and never did that and that we were all a$$holes and we could kiss his a$$ and so on. During the phone conversation and the customer screaming at me I told him that it would be best if he found another mechanic because with his attitude we no longer wanted to do bussiness with him which he said was a bull sh!t excuse and hung up after a couple more swear words.

Like I said before, I am not the person to call and cuss at someone even for being lied to and had half my day wasted while the mechanic and Cody threw a fit over a 1 hour repair. My dad is however, and I bet many others with less patience would do the same after being treated like this, ignored and called a liar all after spending hundreds of dollars at YOUR store.

Of course all the other feedback at this point for Blodgett's is positive as it would of been from me for the three years of service before this disaster. I think people who are choosing between Blodgett's and some other shop need to know how Cody and the mechanics at Blodgett's truly view customers. I know they are a business and in it for the $$$ but when it comes down to professionalism and integrity they are willing to throw it out the window. This attitude is not what I would want from someone shipping me parts because problems do happen during shipping and this is what you have to look forward to if you want any hep from Cody at Blodgett's.
blodgetts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well like I have seen in many other comments people always say you cant please everyone. You (the son-I wont say the name out of respect even though you have none) did initially accuse us of ripping the boots now you say you could have done them yourself. I love good customers not bad ones though I do have some and even really bad ones which I think any vendor on thesamba has especially from reading some feedback on other forums. No one here was rude to either of you untill you were rude to us, sure you have bought maybe 600 or 700 hundred dollars in parts here in the last 3 or so years but how does that make us responsible for having to take a customers crap especially after they know we were not the ones to cause the problem, Im speaking for myself when I say you pushed to hard! I listened to your crying ranting and raving about how you want all this work done for free because you think we ruined your boots. How many people pick up ball joints that were pressed into arms, drive all the way home, get under a car, install arms, bolt up the spindles, tighten the torsions to the arms, hook up tie rods and then realize that the boots are ripped? I dont think so!and now you even go as far as to confess you very easily could have done it yourself? I was not pissed at all I was however mad that you accused us of something we did not do and I think anyone who has ever been accused of something they did not do was not happy about the situation either. Anyways I will not stoop to your level and be on here every day going back and forth with you like some other people do and play a game of name calling tag. Obviously there is something wrong with you since this incident happened around 2 months ago and you have never once said anything to anyof us in person but you have no problem hiding behind a keyboard and spewing your lies. I have no reason to lie on here or in person. I go out of my way everyday for customers calling all my sources to find parts or plain out doing something myself to get it done even if it requires staying here till midnight which I have done plenty of times. You are a person who is unsatisfied in thier outcome of a situation and have to put the blame on someone else. And just so you know (son) there is Car Craft, SAB (SAVE A BUG), Small car connection, Tony's vw all in this area as well so I think we do know that we are in fact not the only people in town. We have customers that have been with us for years some even from the day we opened 34 years ago so maybe its not the customer service at all. To any potential customers please feel free to give anyone of us a call down here and we will be more than happy to do bussiness with you and find you what you are looking for, we carry parts from all major lines and what we don t have we can get. Thanks Cody

PS to the son Mary (formally at Unique Supply would like me to tell you that she did not speak with you at all and she is the only lady that works here.
750 E Central AVE STE #4
San Bernardino, CA.92408
Work: (9093818963
FAX: (909)885-8166
Tues.-Fri./7:00AM-5:00PM<>Sat./8:00AM-5:00PM
Sunday/Closed
Monday/Closed

"SEE OUR OTHER ADS ON" thesamba.com
RealAwesomeNinja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, I guess lying is just company policy,

Mary was the one I talked to on the phone, talked to when I dropped the car off (as well as Stacey) and also talked to her when I picked the car up. Respect for not saying my name, just calling me a liar and lying about what happened shows your true definition of respect.

Don't know how Stacey feels about all this but I felt like he was left catering to his sons bullshit.

You are right however about buying parts from a different vendor, you must be very confident now that Unique has closed I guess. As far as hiding behind a keyboard, who am I supposed to tell this about? At least someone on the Samba has a chance of reading this and thinking twice about using you as a supplier. Why would I come to the shop, to be treated like dogshit again? I would rather tell others how I was treated so they don't have to put up with this behavior.

I did not post this to argue with Cody or anyone else. This is just a TRUE account of my experience with the seller.

Like you said, I see no reason to argue further on here. I have said all that there is to say AND HAVE STUCK TO THE TRUTH.

BUYER BEWARE.
islandveedub Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered a small used item from Cody. Communication was great, shipping was fast, and he even accepted a check from me and sent it USPS to help with the shipping to Hawaii. Personal checks and US Mail are not his normal policy, so I really appreciated him bending over backwards to help me out. The parts got here so fast, that I'm sure my out of state check didn't clear yet (not that it would bounce anyways). Thanks for the great transaction!

60 Doublecab
62 23 Window Walkthrough Bus
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a 6volt correct style flasher relay for my '61 bus and some cool old literature from Blodgetts recently. Good deal, fair price and the relay works much better than the tired old slow one I had in the bus previously.

www.stanagon.com

My '61 Mango bus thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110367
My '64 vert thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=386344
My '71 squareback thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=637709
DL West-Wiperguy Premium Member
Samba's Wiperguy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I had to give the Blodgetts some positive feedback. I sent them a 6 volt Ghia motor to be rebuilt and converted to 12 volt. Man they do good work! I was impressed! The turn around time was 1 week! Real happy with there work. I would let them work on my car any time for sure. Any e-mails I sent were answered promtly. From Cody or Stacy There family is very professional. DL West
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Eric Outland
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Eric (VMR) Reply with quote

I was stationed back from 1980-1986 at the now closed Norton AFB, in Calif. and was driving a 1968 with a chromed out 1835 with dual 44 idf webers. I first began to use blodgetts service in 1983 to sink both Carbs on my then 1968. and have since off and on utilised there proffesional, quality services since with no problems or hesitations. thanks for the years of help Guy's Eric (VMR)
BrianD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They did a great job installing a headliner in my 70 fastback as well as finding and replacing the turn signal relay (a one year part). I'll definitely be a repeat customer.
napat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brought bug ragtop clip from him quite a long time ago (7 months) I just got it today Smile It takes so long cos I live in Bkk, Thailand... so far away from him and I have to wait for the boat for 6 months cos my container was not full at that time.

He is a great seller. Communication went smooth and the clip is in good condition as he mentioned.

Positive feedback for him. Will do business with him again.

Thanks Cody,
PAT
Thailand
MelissaM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very happy with my 1200 long block that I had shipped to Australia for my 62 kombi. Much cheaper than getting what I had rebuilt. Stacey replied to all of my stupid blonde questions and was extremely helpful every step of the way.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: engine kit Reply with quote

Got my kit talked to Stacey on the phone gave him my specs kit looks good and at a cost one can live with if . Good price, good service reasonable folks to talk to all in all a good experience will be back. Thanks Wilfred C (Curt) acree
vwkidd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a clean left front Oval fender for my project. Drove out and the guys there were nice and had some sweet cars in the parking lot.
I hope to buy from again
1966 141 Cabrio. L554 Cherry Red (low mileage)
Owned: All in the 80's slammed & running BRM's,Fuchs,OG Empis w/ big motors & 48IDA's LA Style!
1959 Convertible 151 L41
1955 Convertible 151 L41
1958 Convertible 151 L349
1966 KG Convertible L456
1967 KG Convertible L41
1959 117 Deluxe L451
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FG1732
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a hardcore VW & Porsche guy....Type 1, 2, 3, 356, 911 etc.

I do everything myself...have not had anyone do anything for any of my vehicles in ages, and there is a very good reason for that.

Anyhow, making a short story shorter... I'm building a turbo subaru engine for the type 3 in addition to other racing mods. In the meantime I needed a cheap long block to throw in the car just to get it moving immediately.

After taking a 2 hour drive up to their shop, the gang of old school VW farts had my longblock ready to go right away. These guys are from back in the day & they know their sh*t. Probably over 200 years VW experience combined from everyone who works there.

Not only did Blodgetts have the best price, but they had some of the best service I've ever seen in any VW or Porsche shop.

^^^ As far as the ninja guys negative statements shown at the beginning of this thread, I call BS. It's been years since that guy has been on this website...go figure.

Great Samba members like Blodgetts are the backbone of theSamba.com.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

mikmalone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stacey bought a 86 Vanagon air flow meter from me. He paid fast and was Super easy to work with. He even made sure to let me know that it arrived safe and sound. Very professional all the way around. Thanks Stacey !!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: