Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Sighting- Early 914 at a SoCal Wrecking Yard
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rockerarm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Sighting- Early 914 at a SoCal Wrecking Yard Reply with quote

Hey sambanista's, while looking for some vw parts I stumbled upon this early 914 and it looked to be fully intact! I didn't get to close as it was on stands but there was about 3" of water still around it. I'm thinking it is a '70 as it still has the vw style of wheel with the chrome hub cap. It is orange in color. This wrecking yard is the one at the east end of Lomita bl at Eubank, Wilmington. Its located near the back, which is the south end. It is rusty, so take that into account, but there are just not many of these cars around anymore.
Hope this helps, Bill.
jt912
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are running out of rusty 914s?
I think the supply is still plentiful.
rockerarm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, let's hope so. But its a "near crime" to see some of our beloved cars go to the crusher. But even down here in SoCal I don't see many on the road so I hope people are keeping them out of sight and bringing them out on favorable conditions. Bill
hammy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jt912 wrote:
We are running out of rusty 914s?
I think the supply is still plentiful.

I think you're wrong there. So many have been parted out in just the past 10 years. A little rust on the floor pan? Ah let's part the whole car. It's this kind of reasoning that's caused some many 914's to disappear and prices steadily going up. Wink
jt912
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pacific NW is full of 914's. In our small town I know of three in junk yards and a slew of them in owners hands. Check out Craigslist in Oregon and there are a handful on there for sale. I guess I am looking at the availability from the eyes of a 912 owner and 914s are way more plentiful than 912s.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: