Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Seat belts?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunbugone wrote:
These are made in the USA (Beams) and have multiple colors available. They seem to be cheaper than everyone else as well. I will probably go this route http://www.gotbelts.com/retractable-lap-shoulder-belts/m.products/81/view/30

We tried a set until our custom Carl Stahl belts arrived thanks to Max in the Bug forum. They worked great and were about 1/2 the price of custom Carl Stahl ones. The GoWesty ones are too short.
WI sportmobile
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SGKent wrote:
sunbugone wrote:
These are made in the USA (Beams) and have multiple colors available. They seem to be cheaper than everyone else as well. I will probably go this route http://www.gotbelts.com/retractable-lap-shoulder-belts/m.products/81/view/30

We tried a set until our custom Carl Stahl belts arrived thanks to Max in the Bug forum. They worked great and were about 1/2 the price of custom Carl Stahl ones. The GoWesty ones are too short.

What makes the Carl Stahl belts worth twice the price if I may ask?

Don't mess with the DNR.
"Bargain hunter becomes the bargain hunted."
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WI sportmobile wrote:
SGKent wrote:
sunbugone wrote:

What makes the Carl Stahl belts worth twice the price if I may ask?

they are a bit more rugged and better designed. They are also an OEM seatbelt manufacturer for VW of Germany whereas the other folks are a replacement belt company. The Carl Stahl belts have sliding buckles and a little stronger spring whereas the other ones had you have to adjust the seat portion of the buckle each time a driver or passenger changes. The downside of Carl Stahl is that if one buys them one must have someone in Germany with business connections buy them and then ship them to you as they will not sell directly to USA. They also speak German so a translator is needed. It is the same belt GoWesty sells but what we got is about 2' longer so one can reach completely across the bus without undoing the belt.
ultralite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: M & T belts Reply with quote

For those who used the MT Mfg belts, did you install them on the back seat?

'76 Beetle (sold)
'69 Beetle (sold)
'72 BMW 2002 (RIP)
'69 Westy
'02 BMW wagon AWD w/stick shift(sold)
'67 Beetle (sold)
minispdrcr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys have a picture of were the lap belts mount on the rear seat in a westy?

1969 Westfalia Weekender Edition
1973 Morris Mini 1300 Super
1998 Audi A6
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Classifieds Feedback
manikmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you guys have a picture of were the lap belts mount on the rear seat in a westy?

This might help...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hummer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CatfishCalhoun wrote:
Yep. I pulled mine from the front seats of a 91 Jetta. No extra holes to drill in my '78. I just had to cut a couple of brackets out of 90 degree angle iron in order to mount them. If you do the same thing just remember to make sure the door can close all the way BEFORE drilling the hole in the angle iron. Embarassed

Can you post up a pic of how you rigged the angle iron. I got some Mk2 Jetta belts and am having some issues figuring this out.
Hummer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Hummer"]
CatfishCalhoun wrote:

Can you post up a pic of how you rigged the angle iron. I got some Mk2 Jetta belts and am having some issues figuring this out.

Nevermind, should've kept reading. So the best place to purchase the mounting hardware is GoWesty, but I need to call them?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: