Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bumpers
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Bumpers Reply with quote

Who makes the best quality bumpers? Wolfburgwest has triple plated chrome ones that will run me close to 700 for all the brackets bolts euro blades and guards. And Cip1 has stainless steel chrome finish kits that include everything I would need for about a 100 bucks less. Thoughts anyone?
mark_85226
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

re-chrome originals or buy WW. you get what you pay for these bumpers are very good!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
L378
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X2 (possibly x100). Given the choice, find a quality chrome shop & rechrome the OG see what'll cost & what you can afford find them thru the rodders in your area. I recall that John Henry posted an analysis of WW vs og chrome thickness either on thesamba or his website. IF rechroming is not an option, absolutely WolfsburgWest. Just remember, your og bumpers really have to be made perfect for recroming to be worth it.
wayne1230cars
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the WW bumpers. Fit and finish is very impressive. Rechroming in my case was not an option. The skill and workmanship of the rechroming company is also a major factor.
JLM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input guys, rechroming not an option. Was leaning towards WW but everytime I decide to order they are out of one or the other bumpers. Go figure just my luck, guess I'll make a call tomorrow and see how long before they have the rear back in stock.
Ryan Pruden
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered the stainless bumpers from cip1, very happy with them. Thick metal and a nice finish. the brackets seem good as well.

Havent done a side by side comparison to a og bumper, but I am picky about stuff and i couldnt find anything wrong/cheap about these. My only complaint was the quality of paint on the brackets.
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLM wrote:
Thanks for the input guys, rechroming not an option. Was leaning towards WW but everytime I decide to order they are out of one or the other bumpers. Go figure just my luck, guess I'll make a call tomorrow and see how long before they have the rear back in stock.

The guards are out of stock. Blades & bows are ready to ship.
1959 Typ 117
1959 Typ 265
1961 356B
1966 Typ 151
1966 Typ 241
JLM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RareAir wrote:
JLM wrote:

The guards are out of stock. Blades & bows are ready to ship.

Well from what I was looking at everything was in stock EXCEPT for the rear blade. Looking at the euro style blades. Guess I just need to give them a call and see what exactly it is they have in stock.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: