Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Seat cover Q
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karzapart55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Seat cover Q Reply with quote

I have a set of TMI covers for my 72 Bus. I have the Wolfburg West coconut pads. Do i need the anything between the pads and the covers? Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Brionp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was just a post a week or so ago about a white bus in Hawaii that someone bought for his wife and he did a TMI install. He used the WW coco seat covers but he placed a piece of material on top of the springs before he put the coco on. I believe just to catch the coco fibers if they came loose later on down the line. They also put about an inch thick piece of foam padding on the top side of the coco and when the covers were installed they looked tight and tidy. So thats my plan.
chabanais
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putting a plastic bag over the seat prior to installing the covers will make them go on a whole heck of a lot easier.
bugger101
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brionp wrote:
There was just a post a week or so ago about a white bus in Hawaii that someone bought for his wife and he did a TMI install. He used the WW coco seat covers but he placed a piece of material on top of the springs before he put the coco on. I believe just to catch the coco fibers if they came loose later on down the line. They also put about an inch thick piece of foam padding on the top side of the coco and when the covers were installed they looked tight and tidy. So thats my plan.

the thick piece of fabric dose this job also but it also protects the ww horsehair from the springs
75 west deluxe http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5270450#5270450

2010 ford focus
webwalker Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I did my 72 SB using TMI seats, I hog-ringed burlap (you can buy it by the roll at Home Depot) over the springs, sprayed 3M Super77 adhesive on the top of it and then fitted the padding over it. This the closest thing you're going to get to hog-ringing the padding into place, it prevents the springs from cutting into the pad, and tacks everything down tight.

M
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: