Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hippie Hill - [email protected] - Hippie
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Hippie Hill
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 28, 2012
jflow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Hippie Hill - [email protected] - Hippie Reply with quote

Moderator Note (March 15, 2012):
This person has several complaints about rudeness/swearing/etc.
If you encounter such behavior, please add to this thread contact EverettB directly with information.

VERY VERY RUDE! I called this seller with all intentions to buy a Judson scoop he had advertised looking for the best offer. When I asked him what kind of offers he has had and what it would take to own it I got an earfull. In his words... I'm an idiot because I haven't Googled the scoops to see what they're worth and everybody thats called him is an idiot and we should all get f***d. Wow. Wasn't expecting that. The Samba is such a great community I hate to see it get tainted by sellers like this. Kudos to anybody that's able to buy the scoop. It's a really neat piece but regaurdless of the money, it's just not worth the brain torture from "Hippie Hill"
vw7266
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to totally agree...

I and a friend were both trying to buy a bay window he had forsale. He was very rude via email when answering simple questions any serious buyer would be asking.
misterroot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Hippie Hill Reply with quote

Here is the final reply from Hippie Hill after he questioned my integrity on a few statements:

wow randy assburned feels the need to insult then brag to the strangers he is stalking how impressive ill let everyone know you miserable troll ps learn how to read bud u aint special u r 100% redundant there are a billion know it all shit dont stink vw pricks just as self obsessed and arrogant as you and if you put on a phony front so what you are still just another punk ass bus hustler who throws a hissy fit when u realize your smooth talk wont get u special catering so just go fuck off already randolph you never owned a 49 you dont have a clue whom u r trying to harass and brag to you are pathetic and putting me to sleep with your all too predictable temper tantrum BS *BAD RANDY*
*NO BUS FOR YOU*

No of this was provoked.

Randy
67 Westy
71 Westy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Skoolieman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called this guy as well to buy a bay he had for sale. I mentioned my bus and he went off ranting about how he didnt give a f*** and I was a hopeless dreamer. this was after I told him I had the cash in hand and a trailer to come pick the bus up today...

Totally unprovoked.
zscole
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Oh, wow. Reply with quote

Real glad that there are other people who have had such unpleasant dealings with this character. I sent him a simple email asking general questions that any buyer would ask and boy was I insulted. At first I took it personally and thought that maybe I was somewhat ignorant to the way the VW underground operates, however after thinking it over, I came up with a witty response and just forgot about it. The next morning I woke up to about 50 emails from him, he was making fun of my name and calling me a pedophile and a child. It was obvious I was dealing with a dude who's a bit off his rocker. I'm just assuming he has some sort of dementia. I responded to every one of his emails with light-hearted replies. He continued to answer every one in all caps, telling me how stupid I am and how he's going to ruin my name in the VW community and that no one would ever sell a bus to me, etc. etc. It went on for over two weeks. I was actually trying to buy his bus. He refused to sell it to me. Meanwhile, the price went from $3,000 to $2,000 and he wouldn't sell it to me. Then he posted some stuff on Craiglist, with my name, saying that I was a VW thief and that I shouldn;t be trusted or dealt with. I really didn't care, the entire situation was pretty amusing. I can't believe he put so much effort into trying to get under my skin and he replied to every email I sent. After a few weeks, I eventually lost interest, but the tenacity of the guy. He just had to have the last word. IN BROKEN GRAMMAR AND ALL CAPS... I even wrote a rap song about him and sent it to him. That's how far this thing went.

Don't even bother with the guy.

On a lighter note, I saw he posted something else recently and sent an email of inquiry. His wife responded and she was very pleasant. I think he may have some mental problems, so I'm not going to insult the guy, I'm just gonna say that he's a very unpleasant man. I was doing my best to be polite.

Well, I finally found a bus, so it's whatever. I just really liked his. It had a nice color and curtains and an intact canvas. Finding one was really interesting though. Watch out for the VW wackos like this guy. HippieHill420!!!! Haha.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to the number of complaints, I have contacted this person about the issues above.

There are several people that are harassing this seller, some of which I understand may be due to what is described above.
This should not continue if you want to continue to use the site to contact all sellers.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
zscole
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha. No one is harassing this man. If anything, he's harassing everyone who responds to any ad he posts.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a couple people are, I have seen the emails.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
misterroot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Hippie Hill Reply with quote

Glad I stopped after the one I recieved above.

This bus is on Ebay right now with current pictures versus the 10 yr old ones. Quite rusty and ratty looking. Just saying.

I'm done with this matter.
67 Westy
71 Westy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mjchris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

I would love to forward the emails that he sent me. It was out of nowhere, and way over the top. He threatened to post all sorts of misleading and bad info, none of it was provoked. He obviously has mental health issues, which is not a joke.

I could go on, but it would be pointless. Everett, please get this guy off the site for the well being of everyone.
zscole
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjchris wrote:
EverettB wrote:

I would love to forward the emails that he sent me. It was out of nowhere, and way over the top. He threatened to post all sorts of misleading and bad info, none of it was provoked. He obviously has mental health issues, which is not a joke.

I could go on, but it would be pointless. Everett, please get this guy off the site for the well being of everyone.

Totally agree. I literally asked him if his bus was reliable and he went off on me. He actually did post things on Craigslist about me. He even sent me links. I saved every email he sent as well as my responses.
zscole
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few clips from the emails he sent me:

"EVERYONE TELLS YOU TO FUCK OFF BECAUSE YOU ARE AN IDIOT. FIGURE IT OUT PUNK.

AND STOP STEALING VWS WHEN YOU TEST DRIVE THEM. ITS ALL OVER THE WEB YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER.

TRY PULLING YOU HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS.

ha ha Ha Ha HA HAA HAAW!!!"

Here's a link to the Craigslist as he made about me, warning people that I was a child molester who steals VW's when I go to test drive them:

http://nashville.craigslist.org/vnn/2826906184.html

He'd send the same email over 50-100 times in succession.
mjchris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He did the same thing to me, but Craigslist removed the post he made.
mjchris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He also uses the email [email protected] Guess they may have shut the hippiehill420 email down
bugman8774
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not dealt with him via thesamba but I have through craigslist. He obviously has a lot of issues. Many people I know have had bad run ins with him. I live about 20 miles from him so I hear about his troubles all of the time. Anyone who wants something from him, leave him be. This is the best option. He is just pissed off at the world and I wouldn't take anything from him even if it was free.

*Present*
-74 Baja Bug ( \o o/ )
-73 Thing |O||_o_||O|

Its not dripping oil, its marking its territory!
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the additional information.

I have told him not to respond to anyone he has issues with and to block them from his email so he does not receive any more emails that he does not like.

Let me make it clear that I believe the above but there were also some people who have been sending him rude messages through the site and directly once they had his email too.

If you want to forward me some emails, feel free to do so.

In the meantime people can review his feedback here - it is linked to all of his ads.
bugman8774
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may explain why he fell off his rocker. He really is a hippie

http://www.hippiehilltn.com/

*Present*
-74 Baja Bug ( \o o/ )
-73 Thing |O||_o_||O|

Its not dripping oil, its marking its territory!
taCo_
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugman8774 wrote:
This may explain why he fell off his rocker. He really is a hippie

http://www.hippiehilltn.com/

Wow, Makes complete sense now. I had a hilarious experience with this odd character on the phone the other night. This guy appears to be useless and I would avoid ever dealing with this user. Unless your wanting to hear an ear full from a "hippie" over a telephone for a good laugh and a story to tell your buddy haha... Someone took a trip and never left the hill... Haha
TN Treasure
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Good Feedback for [email protected] Reply with quote

i recently met & bought vw parts from Hippie Hill TN. very good prices & honest people to purchase from. TN clint
erockinit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: this guy is crazy Reply with quote

I had recently called him looking for a transmission, and everything was fine untill I told him it'd be this weekend before I could get it, and he turned on me, and hung up the phone, so I called him back. That was a huge mistake because I was able to say "hey man" before he exploded on me calling me a f****** punk, wasting his time, and hanging up on me again. That was a few days ago, and I hadn't contacted him since. ANYWAY, my phone just rang with a "WITHHELD" number. I answer, and right away I recognize his voice. He said "I was calling about the motorcycle you have on Craigslist," and I said "uh I don't have a motorcycle on Craigslist" because I don't have ANYTHING on Craigslist. He replies cussing me out giving me pretty much the same earfull I got a few days ago. This guy is freaking CRAZY!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: