Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I know you need a new one of these?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: B,C,D, ASSYS Reply with quote

GEEBEE wrote:
I want to make b,c,d as one assy ??

Who has one to borrow ?

I will send a new production one back for the use of this, no more leaks

GB

ill send you mine, i can find a spare around here to use in the mean time. i only have B and C though, not D, i Need D, i have a scrap tube on it right now....

2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDi 6 speed manual

206-841-7324
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GEEBEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Complete Reply with quote

I need a complete assy please...

I saw two leakers today at the local repair shop here....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GEEBEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: HOSE G Reply with quote

Hose G is finishing production
10.00 shipped

3 ply silicone with nomex reinforcement
GB

[email protected]
paypal / email
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hoody
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep everything original cloth wrapped in black with no markings for us sticklers. Are you able to mold silicone?
curtis4085
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoody wrote:
Keep everything original cloth wrapped in black with no markings for us sticklers. Are you able to mold silicone?

X 10. I would buy all your parts if they resembled OG ones. Doing a restoration with new parts that do not resemble the old and have advertising on them is a turn off. I do believe if they were correct in appearance to OG ones you would sell double the products as most want that OG look. Other Vendora would even buy them to distribute world wide I'm sure.
GEEBEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Markings Reply with quote

Iam a mfg and there will be our layline ( logo )

If you dont like that then please dont buy

With a lifetime warranity I have to insure its my product...

GB
secretsubmariner
Champagne Wrangler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still loving my hoses I got from Geebee. It's nice to know that my vaccuum hoses are new Very Happy
1970 Auto Fastback FI
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Westfabulous
Samba Member

Location: The tropic of Canada, dodging the giant flying moose of Surrey!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geebee, I say this as someone watching from the sidelines. I like what you are doing, and the fact that you are offering previously NLA products is great. Having said that, there is an untapped market of purists out there who have spent a lot of time and money on their restorations; if you could find a way to address their needs, the pay-off to you could be lucrative and worthwhile. Maybe it's feasible, maybe it's not, but something worth considering, even if the purists have to pay a premium for something that looks original. Some of the purists here have proven that they have deep pockets.

"I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."
GEEBEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: More Reply with quote

I can do the intake S hose, but it wont look like to molded epdm rubber

I might do a few more of the vac system...

The Syncro and water cool vanagon hoses are doing very well, just finished up a huge order for Folks Cafe....

Iam 85 % aviation and will do this on a limited demand....

Next is a custom intake boot for the Audi 2.0T in a vanagon

Please contact Scott at german Supply as he has the buying power and will stock your needs.

I wish we had a US stocking dealer for you owners also

later GB
webwalker Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly, I'm thrilled that someone is stepping up to the plate.

I did the color coded fabric wrapped hose on a restoration, and while I'm glad that the parts were available, I don't harbor any illusions that they were top quality. Westfabulous may be right: there might be a market for the hardcore hose nerds. But I'm more concerned with having my rig on the road. I suspect most VW heads are of that opinion, and it behooves GEEBEE to sell to the biggest market to recoup his costs.

M
curtis4085
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: More Reply with quote

GEEBEE wrote:
I can do the intake S hose, but it wont look like to molded epdm rubber

I might do a few more of the vac system...

The Syncro and water cool vanagon hoses are doing very well, just finished up a huge order for Folks Cafe....

Iam 85 % aviation and will do this on a limited demand....

Next is a custom intake boot for the Audi 2.0T in a vanagon

Please contact Scott at german Supply as he has the buying power and will stock your needs.

I wish we had a US stocking dealer for you owners also

later GB

I would take on being a USA dealer of your parts. I have the buying power but would also like a line of products geared towards us hose nerds as well. Doing a expensive restoration I for one have paid premiums for quality parts all along and I know others would as well.
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind buying from GermanSupply -- it's a little slower getting across the border (whatever happened to NAFTA?) but it's worth it if you can afford the time. Most of us can, I expect. We've learned to have a lot of patience in this hobby.

BEEGEE: this hose reproduction is a great service you are offering. We've been wanting it for a long time. And - these are guaranteed for life? That's something you don't see much anymore. Do you need a clean S-boot? I have one I can send.

Scott @ GermanSupply: Let us know when you have these hoses available. It would be a great addition to your line of kits!
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
germansupplyscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have ordered a pile of these little hoses and we should have in a number of days. they will be incorporated into our vac hose kits and be available separately also. great to have geebee making this stuff. i have some other samples going to geebee for future production. the '76-'79 auto only decel hose is one, some hoses for injected super beetle also.

i like the idea of them being original, i was the person who pushed geebee to make them in the matte cloth, i know the market for these and most people who are going to buy them want original looking parts. me too. braid would be nice but the way they're being done is pretty good and the simple fact that they exist is huge. i've repaired lots of them with shrink wrap and glad to have a new part to put on instead of some tired original, even if it has a little logo on it.

often slowness in delivery from our company is due simply to slow throughput at our end. not much we can do about it, we're a small shop and if you order from us you have to allow a bit more time. we're not trying to be slow but we're just not able to process orders as quickly as some other vendors. i'd like to blame nafta but it wouldn't be fair.

Last edited by germansupplyscott on Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
secretsubmariner
Champagne Wrangler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH god full S-boot replicas would be a wet dream
1970 Auto Fastback FI
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought and used his hoses. They fit right and are quality.
GEEBEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: S Hose Reply with quote

The S hose In matte would not have the two piece molded look to it

The price would be 72.50 for a new 5 ply silicone with nomex reinforcement

It would look like a hose with two ports

I.D. on the ports the same

I bought a new old stock, hard as a rock

SEE THIS ADD

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vw-Mk1-Jetta-Rabbit-Caddy-...mp;vxp=mtr

This is what the s hose would look like, I mfg all of MK autohaus seal / extrusions and hose assys, most snorkels are now NLA from VW
Like the Scirocco 16 v breather, was 199.00 from VW , now 67.50 shipped

GB

Ooh' and dont call me BeeGee Mad

If that was my name I would be singing and not doing silicone, its the only thing Iam not allergic to is a pair of silicone DD's Shocked

Last edited by GEEBEE on Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
webwalker Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So nice to see the possibility of putting my rig on the road with something other than 40yo worn out parts.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

M
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that idea about a top line part:
you mentioned a warranty on the parts you make, and how you cant prove they are your part without your label on them. what if you offer the same parts, without your label, with no warranty, for a little more (due to the effort of not having your label on it)? would that ever be a possibility?

honestly it doesnt bother me any, im a cheap a$$ college student who will buy the one with the label, and gladly promote your name to all who care to listen Wink

206-841-7324
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GEEBEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: Layline Reply with quote

I wont sell without a my name on my product, I dont have to...

My aircraft division is my profit center, this is just for fun and to help owners..

I have not made a profit on this stuff yet, tooling is expensive....

GB
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: Layline Reply with quote

GEEBEE wrote:
I wont sell without a my name on my product, I dont have to...

My aircraft division is my profit center, this is just for fun and to help owners..

I have not made a profit on this stuff yet, tooling is expensive....

GB

got it. what type of aircraft? is it like a beoing 787 or like a personal two seater type private plane type?

206-841-7324
[email protected]
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: