Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

4-Point Rear Seat Belt
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
webwalker Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get it. What is so insanely rare about those retractor extension bodies that Nigel Skeet goes on about? I've never actually seen one, ever.
RatCamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Black-JDM-4-Point-Racin...3092wt_964

maybe something like this? I don't knw. Just guessing. Found it while looking for a lap belt to replace the burned, and incorrectly installed 3 point.
RatCamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday I had a major win of sorts with the authorities. I found out exactly what my bus is classified as and which design rules apply to it. That put me in a very, very good mood and grim determination has been replaced with plain old determination.

My first act was to buy this:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a...607wt_1398

I was looking at the lap belt anchor positions, where the passengers will be and what is inside the engine bay. Those two long box section bits that run from the front of the engine bay to the back are in line with where a centre mount point would be for an outside passenger.
That will work for my daughter. For my little boy I can use the lap belt and a top child restraint clip anchoring point pretty much wherever for his seat. I need to give it some thought but it's a lot easier than a harness.
manikmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yesterday I had a major win of sorts with the authorities. I found out exactly what my bus is classified as and which design rules apply to it. That put me in a very, very good mood and grim determination has been replaced with plain old determination.

Congrats! Did they have anything to say about head restraints? I'm trying to get similar advice on this end. where will you anchor the top/ shoulder restraint?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RatCamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

manikmike wrote:
Quote:

Congrats! Did they have anything to say about head restraints? I'm trying to get similar advice on this end.

They never said anything about head restraints but then I guess lots of mid '70s cars didn't have them in back either. I suppose if I were really determined there is probably a solution to that, but right now I'll be honest I think I hit burnout yesterday on it realising the harness was not suitable during test fit then not hearing back from anyone who sells VW brake hoses... well I can't progress with anything until I get them, or at least have a chance to buy a set.
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RatCamper wrote:
manikmike wrote:
Quote:

Congrats! Did they have anything to say about head restraints? I'm trying to get similar advice on this end.

They never said anything about head restraints but then I guess lots of mid '70s cars didn't have them in back either. I suppose if I were really determined there is probably a solution to that, but right now I'll be honest I think I hit burnout yesterday on it realising the harness was not suitable during test fit then not hearing back from anyone who sells VW brake hoses... well I can't progress with anything until I get them, or at least have a chance to buy a set.

send me the info ya need, im serious, ill ship them to you to avoid the businesses taxing the crap out of you.

2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDi 6 speed manual

206-841-7324
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
manikmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
realising the harness was not suitable during test fit

Frak - afraid to ask...

Quote:
then not hearing back from anyone who sells VW brake hoses

Like Stuart said, maybe we can help you clear that hurdle. PM one of us if need be.
RatCamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might need to get some help with sourcing parts O/S. The fact that Aussie VW stores may well have the parts but aren't responding to e-mails and / or have a less than fully functional site making purchasing or finding a part a huge hassle.

Honestly feeling a little burned out on this today so I decided to tilt at a different windmill. Tormenting computers.
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RatCamper wrote:
Might need to get some help with sourcing parts O/S. The fact that Aussie VW stores may well have the parts but aren't responding to e-mails and / or have a less than fully functional site making purchasing or finding a part a huge hassle.

Honestly feeling a little burned out on this today so I decided to tilt at a different windmill. Tormenting computers.

what are the part numbers you need? i can get you a list of stuff, and price it out for you if i order it, and then box it up and ship it. (you pay shipping please)

2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDi 6 speed manual

206-841-7324
[email protected]
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: