Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Stuck on Beach last night
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrindGarage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ocean City North end

91 Vanagon AUTO
97 Single Port EJ22 all smallcar.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VanWilder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

derekdrew wrote:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

DO NOT THINK ..... AIR DOWN ...... In muddy rocks air down to, say, 19psi. In sand you can go lower, such as 14psi.

This picture was taken in the outer banks of North Carolina. The van also spent a lot of time on the beach on Long Island, NY (after we purchased the required fishing pole and contended with driving through the nudist beach).

The little guy who is in the van there getting a cold one with the blue bathing suit is a little bigger now. This is Seth at 18, in this case driving a borrowed Doka last summer for 3 weeks in Uganda:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This right here is what this VW life style and growing up experience is all about! I too grew up in a (Westfalia 78 avocado green) and I am now on my second rig. I love the pics and Seth is now a VW lifer! So great to see him carry the torch! This actually choked me up a bit Very Happy
VanWilder has given back to me more then I could ever put into it September 22, 2010
Malama Ka `Aina—"Respect the Land"
edgood1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake de Villiers wrote:
Fellas, the OP doesn't have a Syncro, its a regular, front-heavy 2WD Carat with an open diff...guaranteed to get stuck.

with the tires at 15psi you should be able to get through.... as long as one of the wheels is on the ground in the sand and you aren't making a long trek.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: