Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Strange noise?
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 7:41 am    Post subject: Strange noise? Reply with quote

I have a '71 standard bus:

I'm hearing a sweeking noise and it sounds like it's coming from the d.left rear wheel. It's most noticeable between 10-15 mph. The noise isn't continuous (like every time the wheel goes round). Any ideas on what this might be?

CV? Rear shock?

Thanks,
chabanais
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 8:50 pm    Post subject: Strange noise? Reply with quote

Is your CV boot intact? Is the shocks tight? Is the wheel tight? I was hearing a weird noise from one of my wheels and it turned out it was loose! If it's the CV I'm sure the joint is fine but might need repacking and rebooting.
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 6:29 am    Post subject: Strange noise? Reply with quote

CV's don't squeak the make banging or knocking sounds when cornering.... Sounds like the big nut on the drum is loose, or somthing is amis in the brake shoe/hardware dept... Sometimes the E-brake cable gets a "bow in it" or the retainer springs get fouled up and causes the intermittent squeaking.... Pull the rear drums and check the brakes out...... Have the big nuts on the drums put back on TIGHT..... good luck
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: