Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Headflow Masters - headflowmasters.com - Adrain
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
curtis4085
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Headflow Masters - headflowmasters.com - Adrain Reply with quote

If anyone out there is running with a Headflow Masters Engine or rebuild please PM me and fill me in on your experience. I am interested in working with Adrain and would like to hear from others on this forum who have used him for work or full rebuild. Thank you
AB westy nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curtis, I had my original heads rebuilt by Adrian. I haven't got the motor back in and running yet but my experience in dealing with him was excellent. Great customer service and communication. Of course, the workmanship is second to none. I'll have the motor back in in about a month and I'll keep you posted.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
curtis4085
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AB westy nut wrote:
Curtis, I had my original heads rebuilt by Adrian. I haven't got the motor back in and running yet but my experience in dealing with him was excellent. Great customer service and communication. Of course, the workmanship is second to none. I'll have the motor back in in about a month and I'll keep you posted.

\
thank you. please do keep me posted. I am almost positive im gonna buy an engine from him. Would love to hear from others who have had one of his builds..
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have just read your engine saga, and feel bad. it sucks. here is my 0.02....

buy a solid cam, do some measurements, make sure the lifters spin and put it together.

there is no real magic is swapping a cam, just attention to detail. you only have to fully dissasembly 1/2 the engine to do it.

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Brent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent him some 2L heads awhile back and they came out beautiful. His prices are pretty good too.
curtis4085
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brent wrote:
I sent him some 2L heads awhile back and they came out beautiful. His prices are pretty good too.

awsome, thanks for the info.

ANyone else rolling with Headflow Masters work. ANy full engine rebuilds out there?
curtis4085
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deposit made... Engine in the works as we speak. Adrian has been real pleasant to deal with and has kept me informed of the build process all along the way. Excited Very Happy
Adrian @ Headflow Masters
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Headflow Masters has a new website Reply with quote

Hey,
Glad to hear that all of your experiences with Adrian at Headflow Masters has been positive.
I'm Adrian's son, Adrian Jr., and we have a new site that just went up last week and is continuously being developed. On one end visitors can shop/buy vintage aircooled interior, exterior and motor VW parts AND on the other visitors can browse Adrian Senior's engine performance services, information and pricing.

http://www.headflowmasters.com/

I'm in charge of web development and advertisement and we are still in the process of spreading the word about the new site. Links and references from you and your friends would help us out a lot climbing up the search engine ladders.

If you like, we encourage you to do so as well, to send us and email with a pleasing testimonial of your or your friends experiences working with my dad it would be great. We are in the process of posting a new testimonials section on the site.

We plan on becoming more involved with theSamba using this profile as we come along, spreading my pop's infinite wisdom! Smile Our site has a forum section as well where visitors can ask us specific questions about their aircooled Volkswagen motor and everything related.

Thanks.

Product ads:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1331767
curtis4085
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Headflow Masters has a new website Reply with quote

Adrian @ Headflow Masters wrote:
Hey,
Glad to hear that all of your experiences with Adrian at Headflow Masters has been positive.
I'm Adrian's son, Adrian Jr., and we have a new site that just went up last week and is continuously being developed. On one end visitors can shop/buy vintage aircooled interior, exterior and motor VW parts AND on the other visitors can browse Adrian Senior's engine performance services, information and pricing.

http://www.headflowmasters.com/

I'm in charge of web development and advertisement and we are still in the process of spreading the word about the new site. Links and references from you and your friends would help us out a lot climbing up the search engine ladders.

If you like, we encourage you to do so as well, to send us and email with a pleasing testimonial of your or your friends experiences working with my dad it would be great. We are in the process of posting a new testimonials section on the site.

We plan on becoming more involved with theSamba using this profile as we come along, spreading my pop's infinite wisdom! Smile Our site has a forum section as well where visitors can ask us specific questions about their aircooled Volkswagen motor and everything related.

Thanks.

Product ads:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1331767

this is great! Will definetly send review.....

Spoke with Adrian again today. I asked if it would be possible to make some last minute upgrades to my valve trian. Considering my engine is already in the late stages of the process I figures it would be to late or I would make waves by asking at this point. Nope. Adrian was very pleasant, took the time to explain the process and parts needed and then said it would not be a problem. My experience thus far has been outstanding!
CQ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny I was looking for his number on the internet to ask a question and ran into this blog. I have a 82 Vanagon (Aircooled) Adrain hooked me up with a rebuilt 2 years ago, though it is not a daily driver it starts up every time and still has 0 oils leaks as in none. He does excellent work, really nice guy, even came to SD to pick up my engine to rebuild. I will definetly go back to him in another 20 years when my engine dies Smile (wishfuil thinking maybe)

You should be stoked you found him! I know I am.
curtis4085
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a year of searching for a quality Engine builder and also someone who stands behind there products my search has finaly come to an end. My experience with Adrian and Headflow Masters has been nothing short of outstanding.

Let me start with a little background about my bus. I have spent nearly a year and almost $30,000 fully restoring a 79 sage green Westfalia to near perfect stock condition. My Multi- award winning bus ( Best in show, best , in class, 1st, 2nd and 4th place trophys in just this summer alone )deserves nothing less than the best.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

With no expense being spared in this restoration I went on a quest for the best aircooled engine builder that I could find that would also stand behind there work. Im here to say look no further. Adrian and Headflow Masters is the only place I will ever go for my aircooled engine needs. Not only does Adrian do some incredible work he also provides the best support you could ever hope for. The turn around time once he recieved my deposit was as we had discussed. The Engine came in a very secure crate with the engine bolted in place to assure no damage in transit. The transaction was seamless. Threw the whole process Adrian answered all my questions, phone calls and emails, he went above and beyond with his support. To top it all off the engine was incredibly affordable.

Engine Specs:
2.0 GE 79 FI Aircooled
New AMC Heads fully improved by Adrian
Heads full port and polish
911 swivel foot adjusters
1.7 rocker arms
Chromoly pushrods
Counter weighted crank
Fully balanced engine parts static and dynamic
Webcam 142 grind solid lifter CAM, Lifters and CAM gear
All new Seals, gaskets, bearings
Rebuilt Rods with Upgraded oiling slot for better cooling

Adrian provided and engine case for the build as well as a nice fan and shroud with matching engine numbers. Thanks Adrian for spending the extra time looking for these items for me. Very greatful.

To sum things up I am more than please with my experience with Headflow Master and Im am very proud to have one of Adrian's engines in my bus.

Here are a few pictures of the engine

Thank you Adrian for all you wisdom and hard work.
CQ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man the looks nice. Great work. Yes I am lucky to have Adrian 30 minute drive away!
Carver Dude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know if these guys are still in business?? I have been trying to reach them with no luck!
71 Westy
76 Tin Top Westy
70 Camper
CQ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he took off for holidays or something. I called him last summer and was still around.
levi20AE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have updated contact info for Adrian. I'm getting replies from his email address saying it's no good.
71whitewesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

E email on the website is incorrect. I think some of the prices may need updating as well. That said, I have called him twice this week and spoke to him both times. Great guy and spent as much time as I needed on the phone.
I just put a deposit down for a new 1600 long block.
He's knowledgable, reasonably priced and turn around and shipping all seem good. I'll report back after I get some use out of it.
1969 Tucker Sno cat 542
2017 VW Alltrac
71 tin top stock 1600 DP (project but runs)
Twin 71 White Westy, Bus 2, that I pulled from a 15 year slumber in a dry eastern WA field in 2015.
1966 Sundial Camper "Boomer"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kylo Rich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carver Dude wrote:
Anyone know if these guys are still in business?? I have been trying to reach them with no luck!

Occasionally he can be challenging to reach via phone, but I can assure you the work is incredible. Did you reach him? I am speaking to him this next week or so.
Amskeptic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kylo Rich wrote:

I can assure you the work is incredible.

Not necessarily.

As a follow-through visitor to six Headflow Master engine rebuilds, I strongly encourage all prospective customers to inform themselves fully of all issues and concerns expressed by those who have first-hand experience with Adrian's engines.
Colin
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Headflow Masters - headflowmasters.com - Adrain Reply with quote

Headflowmasters needs a new valve grinding machine.
Work supposedly done by this shop, I find valve face runout .005", valves visibly leaking, guides wearing oval. the funny thing is I check NEXT to the seat or front of valve and it's straight, so it's not bent, it was ground crooked
Stuff happens, nobody's perfect, ............... but check your valve and seat runout pronto man!
Jivermo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Headflow Masters - headflowmasters.com - Adrain Reply with quote

Colin is right on the money about problems with HFM. I am one of the 6 rebuilds he refers to, and have worked with one of the other 5 on his rebuilt installation. The quality that brought Headflow Masters to everyone's attention simply is not there any more. There have been far too many errors, omissions and oversights that have been documented by a very loyal clientele, who have given Adrian every benefit of the doubt. I don't know what happened to cause this dramatic shift downward, but you can not currently count on a trouble free rebuild from this company...and it pains me to say it. My troubles, as well as those of others, are well covered over on the Itinerant forum.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: