Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2012 VW Jamboree August 19, 2012
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
coolrydes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yea!

Looks to be shaping up to be a good show....

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
THE HOME OF STYLE AND PERFORMANCE
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ANT-DOG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FOLKS will be there!! It should be a good one!!!!
clarson3676
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great show. i liked the kinda hidden, out of the way adventure. the venue was so perfect for a show like this. can't wait until next year, hopefully my bug will be rolling to it. thanks for a great show VW Jamboree.
Soul Built
Pimpin' Aint Easy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made it, no complaints. Definately a different venue.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pb_foots
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great time. A little warm, but the trees and plenty of places to sit made it very nice. Good food, music wasn't too hideous. The Hooter girls were not too slutty this year, which may or may not be a good thing. Very good food, that was outstanding.

Some really nice cars as you'd expect. I stopped taking pics some time ago, but the quality is top notch.

As usual, the people were great. VW folks are the best.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
coolrydes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just rolled back into San Diego after a warm day of judging some very nice cars. For all those who showed up, thanks for bringing out some really nice rides. It would have been nice to see somemore of the top cars that Southern Cal has to offer, maybe next time.

Thanks again for the chalange to find the top cars, but next time make it harder on us with somemore top cars.

Until the next one, keep them shinny side up and keep rollen hard....

Kevin "Coolrydes" Zagar

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
blakiexcharles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

d'aww Sad
facebook : www.facebook.com/blake.fogt
[quote="Skim"]Damn, thats crazy. You exist because of V-dubs. Thats the shit Cool[/quote]
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dustin B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liked the show and camping the night before. The only real problem was the adds for the show were confusing. They charged me $20 for admition and an additional $20 for my car. Every other show the car and driver are together. Also the dash placks were the cheap magnet type not an actual plack. Other then that i had a great time.

62 og paint L469 type 1
61 og paint L31 DD panel type 2
64 heilite viscount tent trailer
71 sears clamshell trailer

I <3 Brazilian busses

Original paint and patina extravaganza http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=187156
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Barracudabrendon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really great show with a lot of fun activities, great weather, great cars and great people. It would be nice next time to let the people judge the cars, after all it is the people who support the show. Having 5 or 6 awards going out to the same people is a little over the top to me and turns people off to the whole car show scene but that's just my opinion. Now that's not to say they didn't deserve it because they defiantly did, just saying it would make a lot more people happy to spread the wealth. Laughing
1964 N Model Squareback
Ruthless Fastback Drag car
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
blakiexcharles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dustin B wrote:
Liked the show and camping the night before. The only real problem was the adds for the show were confusing. They charged me $20 for admition and an additional $20 for my car. Every other show the car and driver are together. Also the dash placks were the cheap magnet type not an actual plack. Other then that i had a great time.

it cost you 40 bucks to show your car then? thats odd... i swear i handed the lady a 20 and drove my bug right on in... huh. maybe there was a chase behind me and I just plunked along :p
[quote="Skim"]Damn, thats crazy. You exist because of V-dubs. Thats the shit Cool[/quote]
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
blakiexcharles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barracudabrendon wrote:
Really great show with a lot of fun activities, great weather, great cars and great people. It would be nice next time to let the people judge the cars, after all it is the people who support the show. Having 5 or 6 awards going out to the same people is a little over the top to me and turns people off to the whole car show scene but that's just my opinion. Now that's not to say they didn't deserve it because they defiantly did, just saying it would make a lot more people happy to spread the wealth. Laughing

I can understand that... but when the FOLKS show up I expect them to dominate the awards... those cars are always superb!
Barracudabrendon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, yes they do and rightfully so.
1964 N Model Squareback
Ruthless Fastback Drag car
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dustin B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blakiexcharles wrote:
Dustin B wrote:

it cost you 40 bucks to show your car then? thats odd... i swear i handed the lady a 20 and drove my bug right on in... huh. maybe there was a chase behind me and I just plunked along :p

Yeah $40. Im guessing its cause i camped. It normally wouldn't bug me but they surprised up with the car fee at the gate. Oh yeah the live band wasn't there eather.dont get me wrong. This is one of my favorite shows but these are hard times and i need to know what im going to be spending ahead of time so i know if i can afford it. A proper price list would have been nice.

62 og paint L469 type 1
61 og paint L31 DD panel type 2
64 heilite viscount tent trailer
71 sears clamshell trailer

I <3 Brazilian busses

Original paint and patina extravaganza http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=187156
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
squaretobehip
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it true there was no Type 3 class?

Follow ISP West on:

Facebook - www.facebook.com/ispwest
Instagram - @ispwest - www.instagram.com/ispwest
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
coolrydes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barracudabrendon wrote:
It would be nice next time to let the people judge the cars, after all it is the people who support the show. Having 5 or 6 awards going out to the same people is a little over the top to me and turns people off to the whole car show scene but that's just my opinion.

I do not agree with you about the peoples choice. The reason being is that the guys that work the hardest to bring top cars get screwed. This is not a meeting to see who has the most friends or who can campain enough to get the most votes, The awards are about giving respect to those who bring out top cars. If you did not win it is only because you did not have one of the top cars. This is all the more reason for you to work harder on your vehicle to try and reach the bar that others are rasing on you. I do intend to work on bringing back a driver class as to give some of the guys that drive thier cars everyday a better chance to get some of the wealth that you speak of. It was hard as a judge to see one or two guys getting everything or at least a good amount of the awards. But the guys who won had cars that were a step above everything else.

We need to keep the bar high so that we continue to have great cars come out and give us all something to aspire or inspire us, if not lets just go to cars and coffee and get put toward the back row and be ignored.

I have been in the VW seen for over 25 years and building vintage and custom cars the entire time. I've built magazine cars that have been beaten at a peoples choice car show by someone that had the most friends. Yet at a judged show it won multiple awards. This keeps me and a few other serious builder going and wanting to build crazy over the top cars for all to enjoy. Therefore it is my choice to give everyone a fair chance to win. Make no mistake being a judge is a huge pain in the a$$ and took us around 6 hours to get every car judged. But in the end the best of show was down to three cars that were all very nice, and the final point tally was less then 2 points separating the three.

I'd like to say sorry to the type 3 guys and galls, there will be a catagory next time if I have anything to say about it.

Once again a thank you to all that came out and a big congrats to those who took home trophies.

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
clarson3676
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with coolrides. top notch, high attendance shows should be judged by official judges. i was at a smaller show a few weekends ago and over heard some guys trading votes on cars neither of them saw. it does seem to be a popularity contest when it is judge by people. i was floored when i saw some of the winners at the classic. and that show was a peoples choice i do believe. there will never be no fair way to award a show, because it comes down to a judgement call. including a driver class thats peoples choice sounds fair to me. but all in all, this was one of the funner shows i have been to in a long time. a ton of cars, a decent swap meet. could have been some more vendors, but my personal complaint. will be back next year for sure.
BeadleBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great venue for this show! Easy to get to, paved road and lots of shade and grass...perfect! Oh and yes, camping the night before was awesome!

Lots of vendors, great game challenge for the clubs and lots for the kids to do.

Judging was fair, nice to be at a show where it's not a popularity vote. My only suggestion...Could have had a few more classes (oops) and possibly divided some to early and late model, but still a very fair show! No gripes here!

Had a wonderful time, cannot wait for next year!
Beadle Buggy - '05 Desert Toy

If it's red (and white) it must be ours...
SoCal Chuck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great show and great location but shitty judging... Instead of seeing a lot of different people going home happy with an award there were a lot of people going home un happy. Really sux to see multiple awards go to the same dudes. If your looking for over the top, top-notch cars then all of us with regular drivers shouldnt attend. You could have just a show for the week end cruiser show cars and not the daily drivers. For the past 2 months Ive been pushing and encouraging my guys to attend the Jamboree and even offered to let them borrow money. Maybe show registration should be optional to not have to pay so much. The people who won at the show most def deserved the awards but keep it at 1 per car. Also, a bunch of us pre registered and paid additional fees because we wanted to recieve the Meguiars cleaning kit and we didnt get nuthin...We'll see how it goes at Lake Arrowhead... Confused
mg6770
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCal Chuck wrote:
Great show and great location but shitty judging... If your looking for over the top, top-notch cars then all of us with regular drivers shouldnt attend.

Really?? I'm a regular type car driver and I attend these shows to see the best of the best. If I wanted to go see regular shit I'd go to every local weekly meet and greet. The whole intention of having judges is to pick the best of the cars there, not to award joe schmoe " I drive my car everyday and I have the most friends, give me an award." If that's your gripe, step up or don't show up but please don't deter others from going to a quality show just cause you don't agree with the judging. Whether you care or not, people put hard work into these shows for people like you and me and to hear fools just shitting on others cause you're not satified just sucks.
mg6770
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolrydes wrote:
Barracudabrendon wrote:
It would be nice next time to let the people judge the cars, after all it is the people who support the show. Having 5 or 6 awards going out to the same people is a little over the top to me and turns people off to the whole car show scene but that's just my opinion.

I do not agree with you about the peoples choice. The reason being is that the guys that work the hardest to bring top cars get screwed. This is not a meeting to see who has the most friends or who can campain enough to get the most votes, The awards are about giving respect to those who bring out top cars. If you did not win it is only because you did not have one of the top cars.

I know that none of the guys who won are millionares and they work their a$$es off to get there cars to where they are. Step up or step out of the way. I'll quit my bitching but please stop with hating on people who put in the work.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: