Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Ever wanted to tour Europe for free in a Vanagon? Part 3
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bjrogers86auto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: video Reply with quote

It's like waiting for your favourite TV shows weekly episode!

Thanks Jed!

Brian

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day. Calvin and Hobbes.
JED THE SPREAD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: video Reply with quote

bjrogers86auto wrote:
It's like waiting for your favourite TV shows weekly episode!

Thanks Jed!

Brian

Laughing Thanks Brian

jed
peaceful warrior
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jed and family! I had my wife watch the last 2 episodes with me, and now she is inspired to do the same thing in the U.S., to states that she has never been to, which is most of them.. Laughing

Really digging the videos and commentary. Very Happy

BTW Jed, I had a question for you. What is the Joker emblem on your Vanagon about? I noticed it also, on the blue Westy you took a shot of below the Swiss Glacier.
66 13W Deluxe, 68 Westfalia, 87 Syncro.
TOOB Member #15
Brian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JED THE SPREAD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peaceful warrior wrote:
Thank you Jed and family! I had my wife watch the last 2 episodes with me, and now she is inspired to do the same thing in the U.S., to states that she has never been to, which is most of them.. Laughing

BTW Jed, I had a question for you. What is the Joker emblem on your Vanagon about? I noticed it also, on the blue Westy you took a shot of below the Swiss Glacier.

European Westfalia Campers are called Jokers or there is a higher spec model called a Club Joker, it then moves up to California and Atlantic models so I guess the Joker is the base model but they are often loaded with factory extras like plastic double glazing or ISRI seats etc.

Hope this helps and great to hear about the Mrs Very Happy

Jed
peaceful warrior
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JED THE SPREAD wrote:
peaceful warrior wrote:

European Westfalia Campers are called Jokers or there is a higher spec model called a Club Joker, it then moves up to California and Atlantic models so I guess the Joker is the base model but they are often loaded with factory extras like plastic double glazing or ISRI seats etc.
Jed

Interesting, never knew that. Live and learn another day! Cool! Cool Wink
66 13W Deluxe, 68 Westfalia, 87 Syncro.
TOOB Member #15
Brian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Buss Marius
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T3 Westy in Europe was caled Joker in version 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 if it had better front seats and better fabricks on the back seat and curtains it was a Club-Joker1, 2, .... Then it was the Sport-Joker. and then it was the Mosaik where you could bye the parts from Westfalia and instal them yourself. Westfalia procuced about 70.000 jokers from 79 to 87. In 88 VW started building the California in Hanover with Westfaila parts. It was not insulated and with "normal" Windows. Westfalia made the Atlantic at their factory from 88.

http://www.vw-t3-atlantic.de/english/Atlantic_IG_english/The_ATLANTIC.html

On the Norwegian bus forum ther are actualy more Syncro-Atlantics than T3 Californias.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: