Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Audirac VW of Vista, CA? Headflow Masters
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfgang67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Audirac VW of Vista, CA? Headflow Masters Reply with quote

well, i need a case, with some work done..and the shop offered to do it for about 300 bills.

Audirac Vw's of Vista CA. i had never heard of the shop. after i spread my center main, i was off lookin through hot vw's for some used ones, or cheap new ones. look through the hot vw's you have close at hand, and look them up.

As their site seems to have dissapeared, i simply would like to know if anyone has heard of them, or had any work done by them.

work to be done:
..Case, full flow, time serts, line bore, lifter bosses bored, thrust cut w/ new main barings to fit. $300. i know it may seem cheap to some, and high to others...bottom line...i need a case as school starts in 2 weeks.

If anyone else by chance has the same kind of deal, im willing to talk, i just need some kind of answers, i havent had hardly any replaies on cal-look or shoptalk. help me out guys.

Thanks in advance.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67stang302
SBS Hit Squad

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have dealt with audirac vw twice in the past two months both transaction were smooth and timely. Although I had him do some type 4 heads and not an engine case he does excellent work and I will use him again.

I have no other suggestions for shops in the cali area for case work seeing that I do it all in house.

SBSeven 1 YR and still going

59 Kombi laying beam
64 type 34
Stripped66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: audirac vw of vista.......?? Reply with quote

wolfgang67 wrote:
Audirac Vw's of Vista CA. i had never heard of the shop.

They've been around for quite a while and Adrian does good work; you got the same replies over on the CLF.

I don't think electrickery works that way
wolfgang67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was sort of difficult to judge feelings, as i got more people telling me to go to different shops, but i did offer up other solutions. i appreciate your honesty. most likely gonna place my order tommorow. thanks stripped.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SRP1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have worked along side and now do business with adrian. Going on 18 years now. If you are on a time line make sure you are precise on when you need it, and make sure he understands the urgency, he will get it done. Good things to say for sure.

P.S. His work is good but make sure you finish clean everything throughly prior to assembly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
volksterii
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrian has done both T-1 head work case work for me. I have no complaints as Adrian does good work.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my 1915 long block from him and although its on my "weekend driver" so far so good. I has a couple of small oil leaks but other than that no complaints. I've been thinking of having him uprade my heads.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
socalvdubz.com
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: audirac vw Reply with quote

adirac vw is now headflow masters = www.headflowmaster.com. i got a 1776 from adrian about 2 and 1/2 years ago. i always thought it
would get me from a to b and maybe c but after 2.5 years of racing
around town i had to take a trip. i went from san diego to lake havasu,
havasu to prescott az, then from prescott home to sd. UNBELIEVABLE!!! I
had to rest more times then the car did. and every time i stopped i
looked for oil drops- NOTHING!!! the whole trip , there and back, NO
PROBLEMS!! i will buy my engines from him as long as i drive a vw (and i
dont ever plan on driving anything else).
gatorjos
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone had a Type IV longblock built by Adrian's shop? If so, what was the turnaround time (quoted and actual), and how is she running?

Cheers,
Jos

Previous romances:
1972 Ghia cabriolet (full body-off restoration -- stolen after five years of ownership)
2004 Passat 1.8T (manual)

http://21stcenturyhobo.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's up with Adrian. I ordered a T-4 bus motor from him with a 50% deposit. We have spoken many times over the phone and on e-mail. I like him and have confidence in his work. ( I researched before I called) But today his phone is disconnected. Shocked Shocked Anybody here know anything?
Edit;
A few hours later...

He just e-mailed me with his cell phone # and explanation. Ball is rolling. Very Happy
curtis4085
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a year of searching for a quality Engine builder and also someone who stands behind there products my search has finaly come to an end. My experience with Adrian and Headflow Masters has been nothing short of outstanding.

Let me start with a little background about my bus. I have spent nearly a year and almost $30,000 fully restoring a 79 sage green Westfalia to near perfect stock condition. My Multi- award winning bus ( Best in show, best , in class, 1st, 2nd and 4th place trophys in just this summer alone )deserves nothing less than the best.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

With no expense being spared in this restoration I went on a quest for the best aircooled engine builder that I could find that would also stand behind there work. Im here to say look no further. Adrian and Headflow Masters is the only place I will ever go for my aircooled engine needs. Not only does Adrian do some incredible work he also provides the best support you could ever hope for. The turn around time once he recieved my deposit was as we had discussed. The Engine came in a very secure crate with the engine bolted in place to assure no damage in transit. The transaction was seamless. Threw the whole process Adrian answered all my questions, phone calls and emails, he went above and beyond with his support. To top it all off the engine was incredibly affordable.

Engine Specs:
2.0 GE 79 FI Aircooled
New AMC Heads fully improved by Adrian
Heads full port and polish
911 swivel foot adjusters
1.7 rocker arms
Chromoly pushrods
Counter weighted crank
Fully balanced engine parts static and dynamic
Webcam 142 grind solid lifter CAM, Lifters and CAM gear
All new Seals, gaskets, bearings
Rebuilt Rods with Upgraded oiling slot for better cooling

Adrian provided and engine case for the build as well as a nice fan and shroud with matching engine numbers. Thanks Adrian for spending the extra time looking for these items for me. Very greatful.

To sum things up I am more than please with my experience with Headflow Master and Im am very proud to have one of Adrian's engines in my bus.

Here are a few pictures of the engine

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: