Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New Engine
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 3:00 pm    Post subject: New Engine Reply with quote

No suprise my 1978 type 2 bus needs a new engine, I was wondering if anyone knew of a cheap one or any ideas on how to go around spending 2700 dollars??
VDubTech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 3:17 pm    Post subject: New Engine Reply with quote

You must be somewhere on the east coast or a billion miles from VWland..aka California. I live in NY state and just bought a new longblock for my '79 Westy. I called around, thought Bus Depot would be the best bet, they're within driving distance and all..save shipping and core charges...worng! They have their motors shipped from CA...I ended up waiting until I found one for sale on this site...brand new 2.0 longblock I picked it upfor $1000 and paid $100 to have it shipped from MI...good luck!
Bags Buses
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:35 pm    Post subject: New Engine Reply with quote

If you are on the east coast go to Boston Engine. www.bostonengine .com they say he is the best
beteljuze
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: New Engine Reply with quote

Who gave you the price of 2700 bucks?And did that include installation?
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:59 pm    Post subject: New Engine Reply with quote

It was with install, I was just hoping to find a goo deal..I bought my bus for 1100 and just looking for a way not to spend too much money.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:12 pm    Post subject: New Engine Reply with quote

if on east cost have motor $400 runs good compression in pa
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:45 am    Post subject: New Engine Reply with quote

You will spend $2,900 for an engine alone, to do it right. Factory engines are still available for the late westy. I just completed install of one in my 77. Have your dealer search the inventories of all the dealers.

12 month 12,000 mile parts AND LABOR warranty at any VW Dealer, and all the new engine test data in the crate when you get it. Very high quality approach.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: