Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

heater ducts??
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
68Mccabe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: heater ducts?? Reply with quote

I'm wondering if the lack of the accordian like tubes (I know not the name)comming off the heater boxes is what it making my bus run too hot. Has anyone had a simmalar problem or am I just a retard and shoulg just buy new ones.
nodtobob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:03 pm    Post subject: heater ducts?? Reply with quote

the heat is not going anywhere else but right on your engine and keeps your fuel tank and starter nice and hot, I would say yes to your question.
68Mccabe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject: heater ducts?? Reply with quote

Muchas Gracias... I did'nt think I could get away with something like that.
Tezza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:09 am    Post subject: heater ducts?? Reply with quote

I might be wrong, but I just spent the day under my bus putting in new heater cables & checking all the concertina connections etc etc, & as far as I can work out if your cabin heater is turned off on the dash, the flap in the valve tube coming off the heat-exchange box stops the hot air going up thru the big tube to the front & instead vents it ( the hot air ) out the back of the valve tube ( there's a special cap on the back ), so it ends up warming your starter etc etc all the time that the heater is turned off. I would assume this is normal. As I said, I'm no expert.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
nodtobob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 8:13 am    Post subject: heater ducts?? Reply with quote

Most of the time the flaps inside the heater boxes usually never close completely and that is why you still get het escaping through to the dash or your feet even when your dash levers are closed. Sometimes the valves will rust in their and the linkage messes up. I block off the air going to the heater boxes at the fan shroud and get that much more air going over my heads for cooling. Also depends on where you live, in Socal I can get away with it. Good luck.
68Mccabe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:31 pm    Post subject: heater ducts?? Reply with quote

I don't know about the flaps, the cable linkage has never worked but when I put the big tubes back on it does'nt over heat anymore. I also fixed a vaccuum leak at the same time so that might have done it too. As for hot, here in Phoenix, AZ it is always too hot and I'm always looking for ways to keep my engine compartment cool.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: