Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wild Westerner Club
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bala wrote:
Stuartzickefoose wrote:
Rob R wrote:
I don't remember where I found this picture (it may already be on the Samba). Looks like a few Wild Westerners on the line
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

that picture is not correct...the yellow bus right in the front has late tail lights, and a type 2 upright motor going in....when did that ever happen?

It's correct. Pretty dang often over there. Wink

thats the second thing i learned today, and its not even 8 am here yet Shocked

2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDi 6 speed manual

206-841-7324
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wildwesterner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asiab3 wrote:
There's a WW in Simi Valley CA owned by the guy from Pickle Wagon Photography, I've met him at a few shows. (A google search will turn up his facebook page, I don't want to post a link in case that's advertising…)

Hey that guy in Simi Valley is me.
Kirk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that picture of the buses on the line! Sweet!

Bear
Coble
Super
Oppenheim
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
98rocket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Wildwesterner! We are neighbors, I am in Thousand Oaks! My oldster car guy Dad and I go to a lot of local shows, with his mint 1979 Lincoln Mark V. When I was young, living in the West Valley, there were TONS of these buses around, I never knew they had a name....but I wanted one BADLY! I still would love to have one!

I can't believe they are virtually gone, I would have thought (judging by the fact that there would be several in every grocery store parking lot) that there would be more of these than anything else, VW van wise, out there! If nothing else, there must be a number of them hiding in back yards in the San Fernando Valley!

Kathleen
Rob R
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Wild Westerner sn# 2232187686.
Running and driving in Park City, Utah. I found it at world famous Tom Tom's in Moab Utah. The Title had been signed by three owners before I got it dating back twenty years, meaning it had not been registered or licensed by the three previous owners. All it really needed was a good engine.

m code plate

At Tom Tom's

At Buses By The Bridge 2012
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Rob R wrote:
My Wild Westerner sn# 2232187686.
Running and driving in Park City, Utah. I found it at world famous Tom Tom's in Moab Utah. The Title had been signed by three owners before I got it dating back twenty years, meaning it had not been registered or licensed by the three previous owners. All it really needed was a good engine.

m code plate

At Tom Tom's

At Buses By The Bridge 2012

Hey Rob ... Was jus contacted by Garrett Miller who said it the best...He says he is the proud owner of a Wild Westerner and wants to be included in any WW Owners Club. Still doing body work on mine may have it on the road in abt 6 weeks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chazz79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

[quote="Bill Sullivan"][quote="Rob R"]My Wild Westerner sn# 2232187686.

m code plate

^

You like that! where the rest of the bus world gets paint codes our m-plates are blank.

This is another oddity that drives me nuts.

The green monster in bits and peices: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=332556&highlight=green+monster
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

BOLO BOLO BOLO Shocked

Be On the Lookout For

All Wild Westerners Dead Or Alive !!!

The list is growing of people wanting to own this mystery machine.

Kirk in Texas
Kathleen in California
Dan in Canada
Paul in Nashville

So we need spotters any Wild Westerners laying around in yards or in scrap yards we need to get them out and running. A great source is craigslist use vw as the search word.

Also i have info on classic car insurance that will save you lots of money. Send me a private message for details.

We appreciate everyone's help in the search for the origin. Please stay tuned for we will unravel this mystery.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Sullivan on Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know of one, but at the moment, its getting a new engine by its new owner, then possibley being sold back to the first kid who had it....kirk knows which one i speak of....i just found out about that one buddy....ill find you another! Very Happy

206-841-7324
[email protected]
Collie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this pic...its like walking into a room and you catch a glimpse of that beauty on the far side....then the music starts and you run slowly to eachother...

HAHA

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isnt that pic one that notchboy posted? lol

206-841-7324
[email protected]
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:41 am    Post subject: Wild Westerner Reply with quote

Stuartzickefoose wrote:
i know of one, but at the moment, its getting a new engine by its new owner, then possibley being sold back to the first kid who had it....kirk knows which one i speak of....i just found out about that one buddy....ill find you another! Very Happy

We need to locate all Wild Westerners and keep them alive!

The wild westerner club at present is an unofficial club until we can muster up enough owners to join. So please register your vehicle at [email protected]

All other VW friends that have helped in the search for the history of origin as well as spotters/locators of this mystery machine will all be associate members.

If you are not air cooled then ur jus not Kool !
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuartzickefoose wrote:
isnt that pic one that notchboy posted? lol

Noo. This is in Moab. Ive driven by Toms but never went in - four times Rolling Eyes

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Collie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Reply with quote

Bill Sullivan wrote:

What we need is an online 'Rare Model Registry' to track all the people and VIN's of these things. Included could be the Champagne Edition's and Silverfish...

I did one years ago for bay windows as a school project...had about 400 in the online database...wonder where that went? I should know the answer to that question...but I dont. Confused
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Reply with quote

Collie wrote:
Bill Sullivan wrote:

What we need is an online 'Rare Model Registry' to track all the people and VIN's of these things. Included could be the Champagne Edition's and Silverfish...

I did one years ago for bay windows as a school project...had about 400 in the online database...wonder where that went? I should know the answer to that question...but I dont. Confused

Good luck with that. Isn't Bus ownership synonymous for roaming and being off the grid Question Laughing

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Collie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like herding cats.....
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collie wrote:
Like herding cats.....

Laughing

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
secretsubmariner
Champagne Wrangler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Semi-relevant thread jack----
We should start a Champagne 'Club' but instead of a mail-in log of addresses and phone numbers, it could just be a thread where everybody shares adventures for or in their Champagnes. I would never willingly just send someone my home address and phone number unless it was a purchase.

I have thought about this much since this thread was started, but since Karl is gone I haven't been able to find if he ever posted any of the info he collected on them. Just partial threads where people state their vin or build date.

Special editions are cool, and I fully agree that we should keep them alive. Be they green, be they brown, be they silber. Laughing
1970 Auto Fastback FI
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
Collie wrote:
Like herding cats.....

Laughing

x2 Laughing

the reason cats arent on leashes, and dogs are....the owners dont want to lose the dog....Wink

206-841-7324
[email protected]
chazz79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are champagnes really that rare? I thought that was a well recieved special edition that sold tons because you still see those everywhere. The silverfish is obscure because they weren't sold here and the westerners were all left to die because of their hideousness. I believe actual production # and sales info aren't available because this was a sales embarassment that vwoa chose to omit from history.

Placed in a show today!

woot woot!

category was "most origional"

I seriously explain a couple dozen times that this wasn't my idea and vw really made it.

I should just give up and tell folks this idea came to me after a crazy acid trip, I'm sure they'll believe me easier this way.

The green monster in bits and peices: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=332556&highlight=green+monster
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
Jump to:
Page 5 of 169

Jump to: