Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

real time electrical help? no juice...
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
skivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: real time electrical help? no juice... Reply with quote

probably a simple question, but i may have messed something up and could use a hand. i'm putting my van back together after a full repaint/restoral (to be documented later) and now can't get her started.

it could have happened while mucking around behind the fuse panel to upgrade my lighting. i should say i'm not electrically inclined.

battery is charged, but when i turn the key...nothing. no audible click, no juice to anything else. It had started before i added the new lights. i'm thinking i may have disconnected something else in the wiring wad when i was pulling wire.

i've checked out the wiring diagram on bentley page 97.104 but i don't understand enough to know what i'm looking for (any link to a explanation of wiring diagram would be appreciated as well). one issue was a red wire on the back of the fuse box came unplugged. i *think* it went into connection N on the back, but that didn't help.

any ideas, suggestions? do take it a little easy on me. thanks!

two pics: the back of fuse box, white connector in lower left was plugged into section N on back of fuse panel. and the second is the van coming along.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

crazyvwvanman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: real time electrical help? no juice... Reply with quote

Well there is your problem. The "N" connection is not used in Vanagons. That red wire should go to one of the large "P" spades.

Mark

skivan wrote:
...... one issue was a red wire on the back of the fuse box came unplugged. i *think* it went into connection N on the back, but that didn't help.

any ideas, suggestions? do take it a little easy on me. thanks!.....
skivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ding ding ding! just got back from driving around the block to find your reply. thanks very much. apparently the P on the wiring diagram corresponds with the P terminals on the back of the fuse panel. who knew? the van teaches me lesson 2874, or thereabouts.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: