Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Exhaust recommendations
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
west coast ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kelly wrote:
I was literally a few days away from ordering that exact exhaust, but after seeing that pic ^ I'm having second thoughts. It doesn't look like it has any more clearance than what I already have.

Any chance of measuring from the bottom of the bumper to the bottom of the exhaust? I'm super curious now...it may just be the angle of the pic.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

love this look more info on the drop and bus or bug mufflers
smokeykombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ordered the vintage speed exhaust with hidden tailpipe from aircooled.net. I am concerned that my pressed bumper will not clear the tailpipe. Has anyone had this problem?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hoss
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokeykombi wrote:
Just ordered the vintage speed exhaust with hidden tailpipe from aircooled.net. I am concerned that my pressed bumper will not clear the tailpipe. Has anyone had this problem?

I'm having an issue currently trying to get the bumper installed. The apron was previously modified from an A1 sidewinder, but now the bumper won't clear the exhaust. I emailed Mr. Lee to see if he had any suggestions.. he posted a link to some pictures on Facebook showing it installed on a press-bumper bus.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3715311195...mp;theater
AirBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingodirtp3 wrote:
kymco makes a thing header that sits about 3 inches higher at the collector for more ground clearance, but you'll have to get the muffler custom made, which is easy. buy a 20 dollar turbo oval style muffler form autozone adn order a 3 bolt flange. take it to the local muffler shop that does mandrel bends and let him weld it up for ya.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=500310
thats the link for kymco, look on the thing forum for pics.
here's some shots of how i routed my cherrybomb turbo oval 2in muffler

i've actually had the set redone to make room for a traction bar, but its still about the same. this made the engine run so much better than wit ha single quiet pack adn should cost less that vintage speed or a1.

Ha nice, I build almost the same exhaust:

Bagged, Porsche steeringrack/brakes..IRS, T1 1915cc
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: