Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

vintagevolks55 - [email protected] - Danny Byers
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: vintagevolks55
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: February 15, 2023
totalsound
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: vintagevolks55 - [email protected] - Danny Byers Reply with quote

Be cautious when dealing with this person. He sold me a dashboard clock and claimed it was working. The entire works had to be replaced and it cost me $110.00 to repair it. There was no way that this happened during shipping. He seemed like an honest person.
my65rhd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi..I have done a lot of business with Danny and he is a very honest person. I have never had any problems at all. I am not sure what happened in your case...Kyle mr rhd
vintagevolks55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was over a month and a half ago, he didn't ask for a refund either, i would have been happy to refund it
totalsound
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Danny Byers - 1962icecube - [email protected] Reply with quote

No refund was offered and Danny did not reply to my second e-mail. Again, he claimed that the clock worked when he shipped it. The professional that did the repair assured me that the works were not damaged in shipping because the clock would have to have been been crushed. In addition, Danny told me that the shipping cost also included insurance. The shipment was not insured which, again, makes the transaction appear strange.

My experience prompted me to start this thread to help others make good decisions. It's up to you. Caveat Emptor

Be cautious when dealing with Danny Byers.
vintagevolks55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well UPS does have insurance automatically for everything they carry, why did it take you so long to post this up from the purchase though, hhmm
jimmy1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny, please reply to my emails, its for the snowflakes I paid 2 wks ago
Thx

check out my classified ads, lots of rare parts/accessories for sale.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jimmy1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny,,ups guy came 2 mins after I posted. Got the tail lights, thanks so much!

Packaged well. =)

check out my classified ads, lots of rare parts/accessories for sale.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
popke69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: No problem purchase Reply with quote

I did not read any of Danny's previous feedback history but just scored a popes nose off of him. Item was in better shape than expected, price was beyond fair and his ship time reasonable also. I would buy from him again! Thanks, Danny!
grmnmetal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: H apron Reply with quote

I bought an H apron from danny and it was just as described
very smooth transaction
Would buy from again
Russ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny,
answered a wanted ad i had and was quick to ship the pieces off to me.
unfortunately a mix up in how it was to be shipped resulted with me sending the parts back.

i emailed him right after and he was great about taking care of the problem.
100% satisfied and will do business with him again
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
johnny main
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bought some parts off danny

shipping was slow but communication was good and the weather was bad for a few days

would do buisness with him again

thanks

john
Brezelwerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Danny for your business, top buyer to deal with from this end!
mikehubschman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Positive Feedback Reply with quote

I got my part, it was more than I hoped for, I am very happy. I would deal with Danny again. Very Happy

Mike
German U-Boat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top notch guy here. Fast delivery and I must appreciate the perfect packaging he did to make sure my vintage piece arrived to me safely. Thanks for keeping up with the communication also Danny! Your a pleasure to deal with and I look forward to more business dealings with you in the future!
garymaertens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: caution. Reply with quote

dont buy anything off this guy unless your there in person. there is a good chance you will be lied to. at least that was my case,not to say that the price wasn't too unfair but definitely lacked a lot of honesty. Mad :lied about the rust issues,lied about what was included in the deal, failed to mention that the car was in a MAJOR accident at one point, and has been pan swapped! and played dumb about the whole thing!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Classifieds Feedback
ryanheinze
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy with caution, even if its in person! I bought a 67 Bug from Danny, he promised to have the rear seat to me within a day or two, its been a few weeks and he nearly NEVER reply's back to communication. He's an extremely WELL funded kid, having negative feedback already it seems he's off to a bad start with the best community around. This kid lives less than a mile from me and I'm really surprised that he would screw someone so close to his home...... He's full of excuses.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Smokey59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Feedback Reply with quote

about a year ago i bought pre-64 pop outs and a Hamburg hood crest off him. when i received the windows ONE OF THEM WAS PLEXIGLASS!!! i had specifically asked him if both of them were original and he said that they were. this ticked me off. also the crest ended up being a reproduction and now after being wet a few times when washing water seeped in and ruined it. when it comes to the windows he stated he could not tell because they were dirty but one was clearly weighed less then the other. i would NOT SUGGEST DOING BUSINESS WITH HIM.
vintagevolks55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lack of me checking my feedback, the car that's was on a "swapped pan" I had no idea of since I didn't do it, it's was still in project state when I had sold it, do to I only having it for a short period and I did tell him about the damage that's why a new clip was installed in the front with pictures sent to him showing it, which I would actually be interested in buying back if possible, as for the other, the seat had been given back to the guy that bought the 67, past owner before me had it and he knew about and the pop outs we're settle along time ago with a partial payment back to make it right, it was my fault all together on that
fyrefast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: oval front fenders Reply with quote

I responded to Danny's add for a pair of oval window front bullet fenders. He followed up promptly with the additional pictures I requested. I decided to buy the fenders and we settled on a price. Instead of shipping, Danny suggested we meet up at the PNWspringmeet in Bellevue WA. That worked great for me. Danny was right where he said he'd be and the fenders were very nice. Danny even gave me a discount from the agreed price when we located a flaw in one fender that hadn't been detected before. I am very happy with my purchase and with the service from Danny. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again.
56 ragtop resto-custom - under construction
07 modded GTI - daily
garymaertens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject: vitagevolks55 Reply with quote

i agree with "ryanhienze" this kids full of excuses!!! what kind of major vw enthusiest/mechanic CANT tell a panswaped car that you own with totaly different wire set up from the factory than a real 63 would have?.?.?...(61 smashed body on a 63 rusted out pan). i can go on with differences with this car from the incorrect pan, severe damage ect... and for the records: the picures did not due much justice. it is my fault for not investigating more and having too much trust in people i guess.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: