Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Ghosts & UFO's......Do you believe?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me paraphrase tiki... and yes, someone else wrote this:

Population (of the Universe): None.

It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination.

Laughing Thanks, Douglas!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bart Dunn
Samba Consiglieri

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rsurrecting this thread is also the act of a deranged mind.
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing it's all human nature, deranged or otherwise. I believe that some people have more of a 7th sense (if you will) of sensitivity. Perhaps the word is deranged but not deranged like in a serial killer or child abuser, I guess deranged as in "not sick" Wink or deranged as in "not normal" BUT what is this standard "normal" that uninquisitive people maintain exists?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alien's used to visit me all the time. Then one day I found the chip in the back of my neck. Shocked I picked it out with a pocket knife then taped it to the roof of a Vanagon. I haven't been bothered since. Very Happy
thewalrus
Big Jack

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have deja vu a lot and have seen some weird shit in the sky. I'd be down with aliens
60vwnewengland wrote:
Looking forward to next weekend, weed, krunk juice, hookers, blow, hanging with bums, philly, ...the awards!
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DAIZEE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deja vu is a scary thing. I get it all the time and it stops me dead! And there are times when I feel like I'm an alien Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
thummmper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read the first entry of this post-- and sure, why not?
I was druving out to the colorado river one summer at night and noticed a big full moon just this side of zyzzyx. one minute later, it was gone, all in a clear, cloudless sky. Had to be, man!!
I get visited by dead people all the time. especially when my old condo was built on a mental hospital site. pennys appear on my top step every night for 2 weeks after my wife passed. I would go visit her in dreams--then I would realize how lucky I was to see her at all, and I balled up on the floor and cried as hard as I could. then she said "Oh, Toddy!...You promised!" in dissappointment. proving to me that there is a back stage version of us that is up there and helps guide us around.

I get signs in broad daylight like talking on the phone to a friend while a tv commercial played. it was the debut of the commercial. never before seen. I believe it was for sprint or something with samuel jackson reading letters from satisfied customers-- my phone friend ended a terrific occurrance description, when i responded "well, jumping jehosephat, yeehaw!"
and, within 2 seconds, jackson said the very same phrase in his reading.
If you pay attention, they are poking us with a stick all the time
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
420GOAT
Samba Member

Location: Wilmington, CA on a nice quiet street but still in the 'hood

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Letterman7"]Let me paraphrase tiki... and yes, someone else wrote this:

Population (of the Universe): None.

It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination.

so what about life on earth. and this is not the only dimension in existence, so life can exist from other dimensions.
420GOAT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

funny but family and friends were discussing the fact that we use a small percentage of our brain. we do have a sixth sense when danger or trouble is about, we can feel when people are staring. we have dreams that roughly predict the future or explain current topics we no nothing about. we have lost the ability to see theses things since we no longer have to, for the most part we dont hunt, heal ourselves, or respect death like we should. we have become reckless misguided beings and there is no hope in sight to get better as technology evolves. if youd said dogs could smell cancer and disease 20 years ago id say you were crazy, but science has shown that these primal animals can do it. the shit is out there, most would rather just bury their heads in the sand.
since my last post my father in law, my daughetr(9) and myself were all talking and bbq'ing. we all saw three very bright stars in a vertical formation just glowing, as soon as we remarked wow i have never noticed those, the top one vanished, 20 seconds or so later the other two were gone. my father in law will no longer tease when we speak of ufo's since he witnessed that, my daughter is scared shitless and wont believe but i never try to sway her.
also a while back wed gotten home from a party and it was late. my girl and daughter were coming in when they saw a light hoverig high up. it then dropped a small light about 50 feet down and then a flash and BOOM followed. weather balloons dont do this and it was not moving like a plane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ4NpFo3g0s
doc1369
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We use all our brain Goat. We just don't use it all at once. Every part of our brain is used at some point in the day. What part depends on what we are doing. Kind of like a smart phone. You can be listening to music one min, then playing angry birds another, and talking to a friend after that. Wifes a psych major. Hollywood loves to make movies about the earth being flat Goat Laughing
69 Jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sometimes experience deja vu and amnesia simultaneously.
secretsubmariner
Champagne Wrangler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that there is other life in the universe, as vast as it is. I don't think they have found us though, kinda seems unlikely.
1970 Auto Fastback FI
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
420GOAT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone watched my vid i posted...what you think?
Kommercial
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year, I went out into my backyard that faces the desert, with my wife, it was a little after 10pm. She looked up just above the mountain and said 'what is that?' I looked up and it was 4 super bright orbs (or spotlights coincedentally pointed in our direction?) They were *super* bright, in a row, each one slightly farther away, just past the mountain. We watched it for about 10 seconds as they sat motionless. There is a city on the other side of the mountain off in the distance so you could see from the city light glow shining up above the mountain behind them that these lights didn't seem to be connected to each other. Then they all started sliding together as if on rails. The outer ones started first and merged into the next two and that group merged into one ball in the center. They never change brightness or size. When they met in the center it went dark instantly (or dissapeared?) The light merging only lasted a few seconds. Hundreds of people should have seen this but I have never heard a word of it. I am huge into avation and watch the night sky all the time from my balcony. It was not a light aircraft, they are not allowed to fly that low and wouldnt dare go through that range anyway. I can only figure three options - 4 helicopters with monster spotlights that crashed into each other all at the same time with no explosion, unknown military aircraft, or "a visitor". Whatever it was, it is not a registered known craft that is public knowledge. Another option I recently considered was if it was a "disc" and it was actually turning away which would make the lights appear to merge together ?
Here is a little pic i made for size reference- red thing is a guy, green things are saguaro cactus. Red lines across the bottom are a 6 foot block fence.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goat,I watched it twice... I think Confused . I must be in the dark. Seemed kinda .....black.
420GOAT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was taken with a shitty itouch camera. look in the center. you can barely see a blip and after the boom, you can still see a faint twinkle.

Komercial, i too once saw a row of lights gliding along, as if tied together, but they never dispersed, my girl said weather balloons but i cant reason three tied and "floating" at the same level with no erratic movement at all.

my girl once said her, her mom, her brother and the nieghbor all saw a HUGE triangular craft cruising over them, it was about as big as a city block and everything all sounds just stopped. she said no birds, cars, insects ...nothing was audible. it went over and towards Catalina island . the next day there were many reports of craft over in that area. this was 2001
Van-go108
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump!!!!

This is a very interesting video about Bigfoot. Enjoy and Happy New Year!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/02/bigfoot-v...lp00000009

1973 Thing
1957 Continental Mark II Click to view image
hpw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Van-go108 wrote:
Bump!!!!

This is a very interesting video about Bigfoot. Enjoy and Happy New Year!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/02/bigfoot-v...lp00000009

nicely done
Ian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1sesd6/what_is_the_most_disturbing_thing_your_kid_has
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes and yes.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Jump to:
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: