Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Current value of a 36 hp Judson supercharger set-up
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Current value of a 36 hp Judson supercharger set-up Reply with quote

I haven't been paying attention to these things lately, and there are no comparable ads for these in theSamba.com classifieds currently. In storage I have a complete used Judson supercharger set for install on a 36 hp motor, everything that would have been in the original boxed kit is there. I've added a Marvel Mystery oiler and jar and a Judson coil to the kit. I'm not sure of the internal condition of the vanes and whether or not it needs to be re-freshed.

I am NOT selling this kit, it will not be for sale. I'm saving it for use on a future project. I am just interested in what a complete kit like I've described above would be worth today. I guess I'm looking for your best guess/estimate, and I appreciate your help. Thanks!

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill, I'm sure the Judson guru, John Moxon from the UK, will be along shortly, and clue you in...and according to your avatar, you still have my sister Nile Beige '55....

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave!

Long time no hear! Yes, I still own and love "Martha", although I never get to drive her enough! I've got eight mostly old VWs, gotta spread the love around... We've got salt here now too, so everything is tucked safely away inside my 7-car garage until the salt is washed away by a few rains. Only my '09 Jetta drives around is that stuff...

Bob and Linda from BBT in Belgium got to enjoy "Martha" for the weekend while visiting this past June. They attended the MAM Funfest in "Martha" while I took my '67 Westy to the festivities. They liked "Martha" a lot!

Looking forward to hearing from John and others...

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Blauchen L331
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything old HAS to be restored to work, a blower with brittle/broken vanes is like a hand gernade ready to blow up!

Complete kit, unrestored for a 36HP motor (not a 40HP) and without cracks in the housing, is worth about $600 to $800, restored ready to bolt on, $1,250 to $1,500
(YES,THEY SHOULD STILL SELLING FOR UNDER $2K!)
Ohh add $100/$125 for the unrestored Judson coil.....

I almost bought one for "Blauchen" a complete kit ready to bolt on, a kit that was restored by George Folchi, but I decided to keep the car 100% stock, a Judson is still very cool item, just have to watch out for cooling-overheating problems etc.

Tom
USA RAM Protection/Export Overrider Bumpers - MPH Speedometer -
Sealed Beam Headlights and Bullet Front Turn Signals!
99.9% ORIGINAL PARTS WITH ONLY 36,500 ORIGINAL MILES/ GARAGE FIND/ UNRESTORED CAR
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: