Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Type 5 Joe - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Type 5 Joe
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: January 05, 2020
vwx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Type 5 Joe Reply with quote

Yes your right. Advertises on Craigslist. Says hear can hear his phone. Joe Tom who ever. I have spoken to the Attorney Generals office and they said I can contact a repo company for not a lot of money and they have pretty good results.
I am trying to arrange a trip to Portland to see a client and I think it will be worth my while to take a drive to Redmond.
I dont understand way someone takes on a project, collects the money and eventually delivers. How can you expect people to give you work.
I think he is must have some real problems.
vwx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Allen Joel Timberman Type 5 Joe Reply with quote

I thought I would pass this on.
Attorney General’s Consumer Hotline at (877) 877-9392
http://www.doj.state.or.us/consumer/Pages/index.aspx

oregonattorneygeneral.gov/consumer
vwx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Type 5 Joe Reply with quote

Well here we are almost one month since the last reply from (Friends call me Joe)

Last reply.

Hi Bic,

My stay dealing with some family issues has taken longer than I expected.

I will be back early next week to ship your stuff.

- Joe

I know that he is back, I know someone that spoke to on the phone about one of his Craigslist posts.

Last week I gave him the option of me sending him a prepaid USPS label so he could ship my carbs back, repaired or not. I dont think he has the funds to do it on his own.
I have not heard a word.

If anyone does business with this guy they has to be insane.
vwx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Type 5 Joe Reply with quote

I just heard from Joe.
He said I will have a tracking Number in a couple of hours.
Maybe I was wrong?
vwx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Type 5 Joe Reply with quote

HI All
I finally got my carbs and I have to say that the quality of the work I received is very nice. Great attention to detail and all first class.
It took a while but the final results were very nice quality.
Bic
Tony Ryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: type 5 Joe Reply with quote

I have not gotten my carbs back and have not gotten any shipping information. He keeps promising but does not ship. Very Frustrating.
Tony Ryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: type 5 Joe Reply with quote

It is December 27, 2012 and Joe still has my pair of Dellorto IDF 40's and $516 of my money. In July he was supposed to rebuild them and send them back. He has not sent them back even after many e-mails and many promises by him. I'm out about $1,000. Several times I have informed Everett Barnes (TheSamba) of this lack of performance and am disappointed the Joe is still allowed to advertise on TheSamba. No one should do business with Joe. He is very unreliable and you are likely to lose your money.
Type 5 Joe
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony, I tried contacting you a long time ago to get these carbs shipped back to you.

P.M. me or email me your address and they will get shipped to you ASAP.

I don't use the P.M. service on here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tony Ryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: dellorto 40 DRLA's rebuilding Reply with quote

If you have read all the feedback you know that I sent Joe my Dellortos and money to rebuild them and did not get them back. This week he shipped me two brand new Dellortos and an apology for the long delay.
graveshaker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 6:22 am    Post subject: Rebuilt kadrons Reply with quote

Joe rebuilt my Kadrons including a re bushing. Joe's work is simply amazing! My Kadrons came back looking brand new and performs even better. Joe walked me through dialing in my kadrons and gave me excellent advice as to making my carbs perform better. I used and applied all his advice and now my sand rail is running amazing. I'm new to air cooled carbed engines and would highly recommend using Joe for any carb rebuilds.

Thanks Joe
Kneco Uqdah
kubelguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:03 am    Post subject: dellorto drla 45 Reply with quote

I just bought a set of Dellorto drla 45's . These are the cleanest set of Dells I have ever scene. Thanks for this rare set of fine equipment Joe.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Type 5 Joe
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Problem, I'm glad you like them....

Those carbs are very nice, but about average condition for most of the rebuilt Dellortos I produce.

31 years doing machine work and Performance!

Air Cooleds Only
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe helped me complete a set of Dellortos . He's always helpful and ships quickly. Thanks Joe !!!
Chris
Air Cooleds Only
Danwvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 5 Joe - [email protected] Reply with quote

Got the 36mm dell auxiliary venturis today, Thanks, Joe!
noneed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 5 Joe - [email protected] Reply with quote

I recently sold Joe a shifter and the deal was smooth sailing.
Fast and friendly emails, Super fast with payment, and just a great fellow VW guy to deal with all around Cool
He's a man of his word and I'd deal with him again anytime.

Thanks again Joe.
Chris

Schwing wrote:
Bondo is like make-up, it fools the eye from the ugly truth
Emeraldlion
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 5 Joe - [email protected] Reply with quote

I am just going to have to suggest that no one send anything to Joe if you sell him something I would do payment on delivery or wait for payment before shipping. He really does seem like a nice guy. I sent him a set of 45 dells for rebuilding in February of 19. 2 rebuild kits, an extra set of vents for 48dells because I didnt need them. He responded in March that he was almost done and then every 2 weeks or so it has been one excuse after another and near a years worth of "I am going to get them done this weekend."

Fortunately i did not send him any money, I have to assume I may have lost that too. He has not responded back to my emails in over 2 weeks. Again, he seems nice enough and definitely knowledgable but I dont think he has any intention of finishing my carbs. I waited and debated posting this for a long time. I should have heeded the warnings. Hopefully any one else will.
Type 5 Joe
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Type 5 Joe - [email protected] Reply with quote

Like I previously had informed you... I have been dealing with some health issues lately.

I will be sending you your carbs back soon.

And yes, until I ship any remaining projects, and can deliver in a timely manner in the future.
I have suspended all service related business.

I did not advertise for your project... I haven't advertised on here or anywhere else in years.

You approached me, and I told you it could take awhile.

I was not expecting the recent series of events to cause such a long delay.

Again I apologize, - Joe

Emeraldlion
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:37 am    Post subject: Re: Type 5 Joe - [email protected] Reply with quote

Everything Joe mentioned above is true. I have no reason to believe he is not honest about health issues and for that reason have maintained a very polite correspondence since he asked me to send payment in May of 2019. When I asked for a photo of completed carbs he very politely responded weren't quite finished but would be that weekend and he would send photos.

It is now Jan 2020. Joe's last email to me claimed that my recent correspondence, after 2-3 no response emails over a week or so, requesting firmly that we wrap this up equated to harassment. I have since responded with terms for an additional 2 weeks to either pay him partial if they are not complete, or in full if they are. I obviously will only accept a c.o.d. payment at this time to ensure delivery.Despite it taking almost a year.

I am aware that there is at least 1 other member here with a situation just like mine. I did include that if he did not like my terms I would be forced to take elevated action with local business bureau of small claims/law enforcement for stolen property if required.

This is not malicious, it is all factual and I have emails to back it up. I have no I'll feelings toward Joe, I just want this completed and my carbs back. Based on his previous emails, correspondence I have no doubt he is knowledgable and has just had a tough run but it is time to finish this in one way or another.
Emeraldlion
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 5 Joe - [email protected] Reply with quote

At this point I am considering my carbs stolen property. After the last reply I gave Joe alittle over 2 weeks to either finish the carbs and send them USPS c.o.d. and I would pay him in full, despite him having them almost a year and repeatedly telling me "next weekend", or I would pay him partial and he could box them up in whatever shape and send them back. He did not. Because he accused me harassing him I did not contact him a single time during this period. When it was up I sent emails to check and he refused to respond. He has at least one other set of carbs from a samba member. He made comments that he did not come looking for business but he obviously was not turning people away.

As far as I am concerned, whatever Joe's health issues may be, he has not displayed any of the traits that I consider an honest person wishing to provide decent service would hold. If he was unable to finish the agreed upon service timely he should have fessed up and offered to send them back at some partial agreement. He has done none of this. Let the samba be warned. Currently type5 Joe is holding a pair of 45mm dellorto carbs of mine with no communication or intent to return them to me as far as he has communicated.
Emeraldlion
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Type 5 Joe - [email protected] Reply with quote

As an update Joe continues to feed lies and string me along. Even given the opportunity to act like and adult,admit he can't finish my carbs and send them with partial payment. He tells me 2 weeks ago "I will try to get these finished and sent this weekend." Still nothing. No correspondence,nothing. Joe is in my opinion an utterly unreliable individual that has no business dealing with people. His decision to not call this transaction long ago and admit he is unable to get these done and just send them back for a partial payment means he would rather string someone along indefinitely in the manner of extortion due to the fa t that there is little true legal course available in this type of situation. I just hope that this serves any future individual from having to have any dealings with him.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: