Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Outer cargo Floor Repair
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ccb_dan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Outer cargo Floor Repair Reply with quote

Just need some quick confirmation from you all that this is the piece I need. I have to replace the outer portion of my cargo floor by the doors.

My bus is a '65 11 window.

Thanks.
http://www.bustoration.com/KF-131--Cargo-Floor-Repair-Section-10-RIGHT-55-66_p_60.html
Z
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as your damage doesn't extend in more than 10" from the sill, that piece should cover it.

Is there damage to the rocker panel, as well?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ccb_dan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah not bad though. Is that one of those "while you're at it" things? Take care of the rocker too?
ccb_dan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I was looking on Bustoration for the rocker pieces and I'm utterly confused. Do I need the inner strengthener? The only part that looks messed up on my bus is the outer floor, the rocker and the sill between the floor and rocker.

Can someone link me to the pieces I need to do that repair?

Thanks.
Z
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are three pieces to the 'rocker' - the inner, the outer and the inner strengthener, which attaches to the back/inside of the outer rocker. Some of the replacement outer rockers have the inner strengthener already attached, and I think some don't.

Not sure what you mean by the "sill between the floor and rocker". If you mean the weatherstrip channel, that is part of the outer rocker.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Is this yours? (from your gallery) If so, I would guess that you need the outer, the inner strengthener and the floor at least. No way to know from the pic if your inner is good or bad. That looks like some weatherstrip held water, since there doesn't appear to be much rust beyond where the rubber goes.

There are scads of pics here showing the pieces and how they fit together much better than any diagram, even the online parts list. You can check in these for a better idea of how things go together:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/search.php?search..._chars=200

Hard to say any more until you do some exploratory surgery...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Z
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bustoration.com/KF177--Rocker-Cargo-Doo..._p_98.html

this is the two-piece assembly.

And this is what it looks like from the inside (this is a dc rocker, but you get the idea...)

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
ccb_dan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Z! Yeah that's mine in that pic. And yup...by "sill" I mean the weather stripping channel...not sure what it was called.

Thanks for the links...I'm gonna order the outer floor, strengthener and outer rocker as you suggested and go from there.

Thanks again!
krusher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the panels from wolfsburg west are all better for those areas,
(06:31:07) RoachGhia: "i drink dick way too fast"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ccb_dan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Krusher. I can get everything but the floor piece form WW as it is out of stock. Is it a mistake to mix and match parts form different vendors? I mean get the rocker pieces from WW and the floor from Bustoration? Am I asking for fitment problems if I do that?
krusher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

non of them are perfect, you will have to tweak and tap and work with them all for best fit.
I have used them all and they will all work with some attention to detail in any combination.

The outer cargo rocker which comes with the inner strengthener already spot welded from WW is better then the CF one.
(06:31:07) RoachGhia: "i drink dick way too fast"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: