Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Engine filling up with gas 48ida
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
buggen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Engine filling up with gas 48ida Reply with quote

I have a 2275 with a mild cam, 8.5 compression, and 044 heads, in a Barndoor bus. I have the carbs dialed in as far as how they run, the motor runs great. I have about 3000 miles on this motor in this configuration, the motor has around 10k on it in total.

Just recently I started having this problem that after I drive the bus and park it the carbs leak gas into the motor and fill the case up. It happens really slowly, I pretty much only drive the bus on the weekends, so after a drive one weekend I go to drive it the next weekend and the case is full of gas. I have to pull out the spark plugs and crank the motor over to get the gas of the cylinders and change the oil.

I am running a pressure regulator set at 2-2.5 pounds.

I have a float level gauge I bought from here:

http://www.biekerengineering.com/products.htm

It says my float levels are set perfectly. I opened up the right carb which is dumping the most gas in and the needle valve seems to be working correctly and shuts off the gas.

Any ideas what to check next?
Tbirdusa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phenolic spacers on there by chance?
flyboat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a faulty fuel pressure reg. Get another gauge and check yours. After you shut it off. Look down the throat of the carbs. If its weeping, you have too much pressure or bad float valves

Or you have a bad diaphram in your fuel pump.
Porsche 914
09 Z06 Vette track car
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
buggen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I don't have any spacers on there, I was thinking about ordering some, do you think that will help?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: