Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

C-Spine Pre-Op Anxiety, Anyone With Experience?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vega3x3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: New here sorry Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me how to make my out forum chat?
Low67vdubinnocal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: New here sorry Reply with quote

Vega3x3 wrote:
Can anyone tell me how to make my out forum chat?
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewforum.php?f=17 Maybe look in there or ask if you dont find an answer not sure what your asking...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bc59bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! how did this happen? I know its not from old age, you can't be even 35 yet. best of luck J. We will see how your doing at the next Fisher ranch meet right! and you know I will have a cooled one ready for you Cool
And as for where you are having the work done, I have never herd of anyone that has come out of that med center with out the best of care and recovery.

Again best of luck, hope to see you soon
Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busryder
Samba SuperHero

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bc59bus wrote:
WOW! how did this happen?

Two ways Bill: "Congenital, and Acquired"

My mother gave it to me (genetically)... and trauma(s) caused it to worsen over time. I fell off of a trampoline and into a fence-post when I was about 24. I have also been in two car accidents, the most recent being November of 2011.

bc59bus wrote:
I know its not from old age, you can't be even 35 yet. best of luck J. We will see how your doing at the next Fisher ranch meet right! and you know I will have a cooled one ready for you Cool

Fight, fuck or duck bro... I'll be there, even if only for a while. I do hope to be able to drive the West by then, but am unsure if I'll be able to sleep in it though. Confused

I turn 39 this year at the end of April, we usually celebrate it at Madera. This will be the first missed in almost 10yrs if I ain't up to walking the yard... but I won't be driving my bus for quite some time, I just non-op'd it and suspended the insurance on it yesterday.

bc59bus wrote:
And as for where you are having the work done, I have never herd of anyone that has come out of that med center with out the best of care and recovery.

Agreed.

The place is outstanding in every aspect! Check out the coolest decor I've ever seen in a 'clinical' setting:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I want to make one of these ^^^ notice that in the "United Plates of America" each plate has its place! How cool is that? Check out the Bay Area cut-outs in Cali.!

That piece lessened the impact of this one

But seriously though, I am VERY luckey to be where I am... and I thank the Big Guy for my great fortune. And I have yet to hear anything negative about this place OR Dr. Park.

But I still get a queasy feeling just being there. Sick

bc59bus wrote:
Again best of luck, hope to see you soon
Bill

Thanks Bill... it'll be good to see everyone again this year. Wink With that/them cold ones!!

OVP rocks!! Very Happy

I am a Dick, hear me roar- Laughing

Me, an OVP Lifer...
Busryder
Samba SuperHero

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok,

As I am sure can be understood... aside from 'desk-time' really sucking, I've been a bit busy arranging my affairs for the next week or so... things don't stop just cause I'm down. Kids still gotta get to school and eat, thank God for my family and friends.

Anyway, I am next going to write a post attempting to respond to all of the other posts that have been made here, which I am grateful for.

Very Happy

Me, an OVP Lifer...
Busryder
Samba SuperHero

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do more of the below tomorrow guys... but for now, please understand that these are mostly short responses... I would have liked to respond sooner, giving me less of a 'chunk' to address at once.

So, here goes:

nsracing wrote:
Well this is all for the best if you want to get rid of the pain and have more activities. You should be fine.

I see people post-op..only when they crash. Or if I have to do a pulmonary assesment. Very Happy

Good luck.

Thanks NSR. Are most still able to do their own ACVW work afterwards? If so, how long after?

This is probably one of my more selfish fears, as I have always done my own stuff. I just don't really trust anyone else to touch my Westy... and it would easily eat me out of house-n-home. Confused

k.t. wrote:
Hang in there busryder! Once again, listen to your p.t. and don't try to tough anything out!

10-4! Loud and clear! I will follow this advice to the "T", thanks K.t.!

Endicott jb wrote:
Good luck busryder. BTW, do I know you? I see that your x-rays were taken at mercy in merced. If you ever went to pro volks when I worked there I think I remember you.

Thanks JB.

It's quite possible that I know you too... Burt and I are friends. Look in my Gallery to see if it's the same bus as you may remember me by.

Either way, I am very happy that you made it out of this area and have found a better spot in Montana working on trains. It's gotta be better that at Pro-Volks in Mer-dead. Laughing

sgn2bapt wrote:
Busryder, just out of curiosity I have three questions.
1. How old are you?
2. Do you smoke?
3. Are you diabetic?

Dr Park is an awesome Doctor.

1. 39 in April
2. Not since 01-01-13, for 15years previously.
3. No

And I did do my homework... look at his profile again, under "Publications". The man is of the upper echelon in spinal neurosurgery.

http://med.stanford.edu/profiles/cancer/researcher/Jongsoo_Park/

Low67vdubinnocal wrote:
I had one lumbar one done in 89 it was a mess left a perma cramp in my left calf. Had my neck done in 90 or so and used banked bone for the fusion. Some people told me it takes longer to recover from using your own bone then the neck surgery so banked bone it was. In 2010 I had my neck snapped back and shoulder ripped out from a work accident. I had my 3rd shoulder surgery done in November hope this last one was the last one. As soon as the shoulder is healed enough the neck gets fused again. I have a neck surgeon but I might look yours up for a second opinion just to be safe. One thing for sure is surgery from 20 years ago is nothing like it is today and things are much better. Your at Stanford so I doubt you can get much better than that. Good luck hope it goes well.

Part of the reason for my anxiety is that, just like you, back in 89 my mother had C3-4 and C5-6 done by some hacker and nearly died. I was 15 and lived with my littlest sister in a foster home from our church for what felt like forever, but was really only about 3.

I asked about a bone bank, but for some reason the experts cut me off with some sort of stem-cell regeneration method that I cannot recall. They sure took a shitload of blood though. But you're right, it just ain't the same song some 25 years later.

Also, please.... do, in fact, go to see this man. He was very approachable, with no visible ego complex. I felt like he thought that I had more to say than did my MRI's, which as I've noticed... is rare.

Gary wrote:
Wow. I took a thrashing in a car wreck a couple of years ago when I hit another car that ran a stop sign and spun it around. When spinning, it hit my left rear quarter and then the right front fender. The impacts caused everything from the base of my spine all the way up to "loosen" and rattle in a snakelike fashion up & right and then up & left.

No shit, huh Gary? And here I just thought I was getting old... I'll be 39, like you were. I was just as surprised as you were to hear you bones are 30+ years older than you are... and also like you, I have multiple traumas in my history. Aside from that trampoline, those two accidents were surely tough on my neck too. My first was a head-on collision at a descent clip. The last one, I was broad-sided from the right... that one hurt too.

Gary wrote:
The chiropractor was baffled why I was still enduring neck pain after four days of therapy. He took some x-rays and discovered that I have degeneration in the discs of my neck and promptly referred me to a neurosurgeon. The neurosurgeon was surprised when he first met me and said that I have the neck of a 60-year old man (I was 38 at the time). After some discussion, he stated that it wasn't a question of "if", but a questions of "when" I would have to have three of the discs in my neck replaced. He was pleased when I told him I wasn't too keen on having surgery. Three weeks of physical therapy really helped.

That question has not popped up since that first MRI Gary, (it's scary shit, no doubt, and I wish I could kick it down the road too), it's just taken this long to get through to this guy, and several opinions have been made in order for me even to get here.

It would appear that we have more stuff in common Gary, besides the surgeon saying the exact same thing about my neck as your's did, I also have that degenerative disc disease thing... but my surgeon gave a very convincing argument against me waiting to have this done. And Gary... in the back of my mind I can't help but think to myself, "this dude isn't doing anything experimental on me, and he doesn't need the learning experience for his resume either... he's done this many, many times, too".

Gary wrote:
This is the style of disc he said had been recently approved by the FDA and was very successful in Europe:

I did not think to ask what type of replacements were going to be used Gary, but I will be very interested in seeing my next images. I'll ask though, his coordinator is very cool (pretty too).

Gary wrote:
I have to be careful with any strenuous activity or else I really pay for it with some serious neck discomfort.

This is a place that I have been in for a while now, without actually knowing what was happening. I threw out my back several times (which ended up being the impingement points), in August of 2010 was a bad one and I couldn't do my own work at all. I needed my son to help pull/swap another trans. It took almost four months for that one to go away, but it went away. It isn't like that anymore... now it's all the time, and getting worse... now is the time for me.

It was disappointing when I couldn't work on my bus...
It was disheartening when driving it became painful enough to think twice about it...
But it is downright disturbing when your morning signature on your kid's homework won't pass the teacher's forgery test.

If you get hurt Gary, you are not the only one who suffers. I'd suggest keeping an eye on it Gary (MRI's?), you see how much change occurred in my MRI's in less than a year? Just sayin'...

I'm sure it's too late in the plan for me to change lanes now, but do you happen to remember the name or brand of that implant?

Thanks for your post Gary. Smile

Okay I'll get to the rest tomorrow...

Thanks everyone.

Me, an OVP Lifer...
Busryder
Samba SuperHero

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rastadave wrote:
I just wanted to let you know I've got your back bro... (Pun intended)
Anything I can do to help, let me know...

Hi Dave!! Thanks for the pun man... Very Happy it's good to know.

Welcome to TheSamba!

I have a picture of us at Sac in like 2001 I think:

Bottom right corner.

Good to have you on-board!

Me, an OVP Lifer...
zozo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll see. That shit'll buff out and you'll be shiny and new in no time.

With any luck at all, they'll hook you up with a morphine pump, and everything will be aaaaaaaa-ooooooooo-kayyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Best of luck buddy. You're in our thoughts and prayers.
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I am late to this party. I had stenosis in my neck, C5/C6, which in my case was bone spurs growing on the inside of the vertebrae and pressing on my spinal cord. This caused searing pain to shoot down my left arm. I was able to work only by taking large quantities of the heavy duty pain killer that begins with "Vic....". I put up with this for years. They tried repeated cortisone injections directly in the spine which did nothing.
In 2003 I scheduled the surgery...but chickened out. More pain and more drugs.
By 2005 I finally agreed to the procedure. The Surgeon removed the disc, roto-rootered out the bone spurs, but a bone graft in and then a 2" titanium plate (with what on the X-ray looks like drywall screws) to hold it all together. All this was done from the front of my neck. I checked in at noon and walked out (with no neck brace) at 10:00 PM.
Yes there was post op pain from the procedure for 5-6 days. The medication that starts with "V" took care of that. I was off work for 2 weeks. Am I happy with the results? YES YES YES! No more pain! It is 8 years later and no pain. The only issue after all this time is that due to the plate I cannot turn my head quite as far to the left as to the right. This is not a big issue because I do not have continual pain.
And before the surgery I did "take care of my affairs". Will, custody details on the kids, insurance and pension beneficiaries all updated.
Good luck to you and hope everything goes well.
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And was I scared? Yes. Inside I was in total panic. Others thought I was "amazingly relaxed". That was a show to make my wife and kids more calm about everything. It was tough being wheeled down the hall and thinking that you might never see your family again.

BUT...everything came out well. I have no regrets whatsoever.
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The chiropractor finally admitted that he couldn't cure my leg cramps. I had to fly to the Philippines to have bulging discs surgery, since I didn't have any insurance. Dr. Cruz didn't think I could stand the 15 hour plane ride home, but we cashed in our frequent flyer miles to get me upgraded to business class! Well worth the 5K it cost for the entire operation/trip etc. I feel just as strong now, but have to 'stretch' more often. Very Happy
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busryder
Samba SuperHero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zozo wrote:
You'll see. That shit'll buff out and you'll be shiny and new in no time.

With any luck at all, they'll hook you up with a morphine pump, and everything will be aaaaaaaa-ooooooooo-kayyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Best of luck buddy. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

That top line made me laugh out loud, literally Zozo! Next thing, when I get home, I'm gonna slam myself on earlies too! Laughing

And that last one touched my hart... thanks for that Zozo.

OB Bus wrote:
Sorry I am late to this party.

It a BYOTF party OB... did you bring your own Tin-Foil? Laughing

OB Bus wrote:
I had stenosis in my neck, C5/C6, which in my case was bone spurs growing on the inside of the vertebrae and pressing on my spinal cord. This caused searing pain to shoot down my left arm. I was able to work only by taking large quantities of the heavy duty pain killer that begins with "Vic....". I put up with this for years. They tried repeated cortisone injections directly in the spine which did nothing.
In 2003 I scheduled the surgery...but chickened out. More pain and more drugs.
By 2005 I finally agreed to the procedure. The Surgeon removed the disc, roto-rootered out the bone spurs, but a bone graft in and then a 2" titanium plate (with what on the X-ray looks like drywall screws) to hold it all together. All this was done from the front of my neck.

I have several of these in there too OB, along with herniations... bilaterally, so I have this going on in stereo. Also, the normal lordosis (the forward curvature of the neck) has reversed itself by X number of degrees. The rods will correct this. On occasion, the pain and aching has had me buckled over and puking up my guts, which makes it hurt more, making me puke some more... it's a vicious cycle, and I really look forward to this shit being done with.

OB Bus wrote:
I checked in at noon and walked out (with no neck brace) at 10:00 PM.
Yes there was post op pain from the procedure for 5-6 days. The medication that starts with "V" took care of that. I was off work for 2 weeks. Am I happy with the results? YES YES YES! No more pain! It is 8 years later and no pain. The only issue after all this time is that due to the plate I cannot turn my head quite as far to the left as to the right. This is not a big issue because I do not have continual pain.

OB, can you still do stuff like yank your motor or do other medium/heavy-duty things?

This is the best stuff to hear about OB, very nice description of your experiences. This gives me a scale of rebound to expect for afterwards. They purposely were not specific about this at the pre-op, and I asked why. They said that any accuracy could not be specific until after the procedure, ha!, so I freak. I go searching, researching, and searching some more... and I find your story/advice here so much better than when those first images started popping up in my Google Images searches! That shit fucked me up when I first actually saw what 'instrumentation' looked like.
I was like:

Whoa!

All of the stories that I have read here have really improved my outlook and expectations for this, thanks guys... really.

I appreciate your posts, OB.

OB Bus wrote:
And before the surgery I did "take care of my affairs". Will, custody details on the kids, insurance and pension beneficiaries all updated.
Good luck to you and hope everything goes well.

This can take a lot out of you... I tried not to make it all weird for my family as best I could, but everyone is on pins-and-needles about all this I guess.[/b]

Me, an OVP Lifer...
Busryder
Samba SuperHero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Fisher wrote:
The chiropractor finally admitted that he couldn't cure my leg cramps. I had to fly to the Philippines to have bulging discs surgery, since I didn't have any insurance. Dr. Cruz didn't think I could stand the 15 hour plane ride home, but we cashed in our frequent flyer miles to get me upgraded to business class! Well worth the 5K it cost for the entire operation/trip etc. I feel just as strong now, but have to 'stretch' more often. Very Happy

Hi Mike, This also helps to put a scope to things... I could't imagine 15hrs in anything right now it makes me very thankful to only have a two hour (+/-) trip to take. And to hear that you're back to capacity is encouraging... being 'shut out of' my Westy sucks ass! Confused

Thanks for your post Mike... It is also nice to know that I am not the only one here this type of crap. Very Happy

Me, an OVP Lifer...
Busryder
Samba SuperHero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the status is:

I am scheduled for the procedure sometime tomorrow morning, the exact time is not yet know to me. I am waiting on a time verification call from Scheduling that I expect to get sometime in the early evening. When they call I will be given the time that I need to be at Admissions in the morning. NO food or drink after midnight.

I live about 2.5hrs from the facility... and this will most-likely be set for very early in the morning (5 or 6am), so it looks like I'll be going to bed early tonight. Sad I doubt I'll be sleeping well, but I will get to sleep once I get there! Laughing Very Happy

I'll post the time frames I am expecting once I get them tonight. This way everyone can do their thing (chant, dance, cast dark magic, play with potions, poke little dolls, or pray... pick your passion/poison) at the same time.

I wonder if I'll get TheSamba.com at SUMC? Even if I can't type, I can still read... Very Happy

Thanks again TS!

Me, an OVP Lifer...
Major Woody
Samba Enigma

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will be in our prayers. Check in when it's over.
zozo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure they have a wireless guest network. Take a smart phone or iPad or something.

You don't need luck for this buddy. Your doc could do it in his sleep. You're probably in more danger driving to the hospital in the morning. I used to work in the ORs for years, and up until a few weeks ago, still spent lots of time in them. These folks are pros, and won't let you down. You'll see.

When the pre-op meds kick in, watch what you say if you have a pretty nurse. I've had several surgeries and according to my wife, I'm quite the horndog when under the influence. She understands, as do the nurses. I guess it's fairly "normal." All my surgeries have had "happy endings," but not the kind the flirting was working towards. I guess happier endings in the long run.

Good luck man. Look forward to hearing from you tomorrow.
k.t.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why are there so many crying children on this thread?
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busryder wrote:
OB, can you still do stuff like yank your motor or do other medium/heavy-duty things?

First off I was 52 when I had the surgery and am 60 now. If I had to pull a motor now I probably could with help, but in my situation why do so? The risks of doing so are high. There are people around who will do such things in exchange for a small amount of money. Much easier. I do brakes, did a starter a couple of years ago and will be replacing all 4 shocks this week. At 60 I cannot do things I did at 45, or at 38, and I do not want to think about what I did single handed at 23. Whether you have surgery or not life changes and we must adapt.

3 weeks after the surgery I/we needed to swap the front brake rotors on our 1996 4Runner. Not a tough job but I only planned to serve as technical adviser to our then-15 year old son who was to be the muscles on the wrenches. At one point we needed another person to hold the back side of a bolt while our son worked the front. I tried. HA! The pain! Just like the surgeon said, "take it easy, damn it!" I recruited our then-13 year old daughter to hold the wrench and she did just fine.

Busryder wrote:
This is the best stuff to hear about OB, very nice description of your experiences. This gives me a scale of rebound to expect for afterwards. They purposely were not specific about this at the pre-op, and I asked why. They said that any accuracy could not be specific until after the procedure,

Your procedure is a whole lot more complex than mine. Of course it is now 8 years since mine and techniques and procedures have clearly improved.
Even your Surgeon works for Stanford* he must be pretty darned good.
(* A little humor coming from a parent with 2 our our kids attending Cal.)

Busryder wrote:
, ha!, so I freak. I go searching, researching, and searching some more... and I find your story/advice here so much better than when those first images started popping up in my Google Images searches! That shit fucked me up when I first actually saw what 'instrumentation' looked like.
All of the stories that I have read here have really improved my outlook and expectations for this, thanks guys... really......
This can take a lot out of you... I tried not to make it all weird for my family as best I could, but everyone is on pins-and-needles about all this I guess.

What do you not want to hear? Some jackass who is not having surgery telling you "..don't worry, just relax.." At this point you can do nothing more that show up for the procedure. So try to take it easy. "Everyone" is looking to you to figure out how to act. You do not have to be a hero. You will need help. Accept it. You do need a positive mental outlook to carry you through this surgery and rehab afterwards. Take your time. Let your body heal. Listen to your body. It has this signal it sends you when you are overdoing it. It is called "pain".

Smile. Pray. We will be thinking of you.

"Minor surgery is surgery done on someone else." Bill Walton
Rastadave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busryder wrote:
Rastadave wrote:
I just wanted to let you know I've got your back bro... (Pun intended)
Anything I can do to help, let me know...

Hi Dave!! Thanks for the pun man... Very Happy it's good to know.

Welcome to TheSamba!

I have a picture of us at Sac in like 2001 I think:

Bottom right corner.

Good to have you on-board!

That's old school, I was working on kid #1... I remember that show well, I made it up to sac blew my motor & barely made it through the gate, first thing I had to do was wash Jerrods barndoor...lol

I spent my gas money for the ride home hustlin the swap meet ended up with a used motor with rods hanging, new pistons & cylinders, used dual port heads, a set of baby kadrons & $150!!!

Rebuilt the motor in the parking lot sitting on a bucket & rocked it for 2 yrs....lol
Busryder
Samba SuperHero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my orders.

We ship out at 0400hrs.

Registration and Aesthetics is at 0730hrs. with "Big-Wig" Dr. Rosenthal.

Procedure is set to begin promptly at 0930hrs.

We expect to encounter significant morning commute traffic and so have committed 3.5hrs for the ~2.5hr trip... we have a direct number to use if we run into any unforeseen complications on the road, (probly not the best metaphor to have used, all things considered). Wink

Major Woody wrote:
You will be in our prayers. Check in when it's over.

Thank you Woody, that means a lot to me... and thanks alot to everyone else, too, who devotes energy and support to this/me during this time. I love this community... and being a part of it, thanks Ev for making this place.

zozo wrote:
I'm sure they have a wireless guest network. Take a smart phone or iPad or something.

You don't need luck for this buddy. Your doc could do it in his sleep. You're probably in more danger driving Shocked Shocked to the hospital in the morning. I used to work in the ORs for years, and up until a few weeks ago, still spent lots of time in them. These folks are pros, and won't let you down. You'll see.

When the pre-op meds kick in, watch what you say if you have a pretty nurse. I've had several surgeries and according to my wife, I'm quite the horndog when under the influence. She understands, as do the nurses. I guess it's fairly "normal." All my surgeries have had "happy endings," but not the kind the flirting was working towards.

I have asked for the pre-op anti-anxiety meds AND the puke meds too Zozo... but I don't think I'll have much of a morning wood when I get up the first time, but I will keep a "Sunday Mouth" in my mind as I drift out. I'm good at that anyway, but thanks for the heads-up. Wink

zozo wrote:
I guess happier endings in the long run.

Good luck man. Look forward to hearing from you tomorrow.

I will provide updates, no doubt. Just having an outlet has improved much of the stress of being 'daddy'.... huge strain.

k.t. wrote:
why are there so many crying children on this thread?

I'm a whiner K.t.... no, Very Happy I'll explain my avatar in another thread.

OB Bus wrote:
You will need help. Accept it. You do need a positive mental outlook to carry you through this surgery and rehab afterwards. Take your time. Let your body heal. Listen to your body. It has this signal it sends you when you are overdoing it. It is called "pain".

Smile. Pray. We will be thinking of you.

"Minor surgery is surgery done on someone else." Bill Walton

Thank you Larry, thanks....

But what you said up there sounded a bit "Bob Hoover-esque". Smile Smile

Ok, Rastadave is taking me out for a steak dinner... I gotta go... I will update as needed, but this will be nothing like one of Brian's Drive-Out threads! Shocked

Wink

EDIT: I remember that Dave!EDIT: I remember that!

Me, an OVP Lifer...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: