Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Today in Bus hunting history...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 664, 665, 666 ... 988, 989, 990  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cru62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need some gutter repair sections, hit me up. I had some made for "the Goat'el". They had to make up two extra 10' pieces because the width of the gutter rail they made was a tad too wide. But if you only need the gutter section these are perfect.

Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
CoastalAirCooledVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pyrOman wrote:

I say it's a '67 but looks WAY TOO clean to be "abandoned"! That has definitely NOT sat there long at all! Confused

I never said that the bus was abandoned. The house looks very abandoned. The windows are boarded up, grass is very long, paint falling off, and over all obviously not a "home".

type47fan1 wrote:
By posting the current tag, someone is doing the research to find the owner.

I now regret posting a picture because every one is freaking out. In CA a license plate does not really mean anything. I have one on the front and back of my bus just like all of you and you can take a picture of it if you please. The license plate is clearly visable from the road so it isn't like you all couldn't find this bus if you drove by.

cdennisg wrote:

If it has current registration, the property is likely not abandoned, and you were trespassing to get those shots. I recommend that you take these photos down before the owner gets pissed.

If you want to do the research, you can find the owner through the license plate number. You could also visit the county assessor's office and find the name and address of the property owner to ask permission to check out the bus.

I regret posting the pictures and if the owner is reading this (unlikely) I am sorry and I will sort this out. It may not be clear in these pictures but this bus is not "hidden" back in a shed like it may appear. It is in plain sight right off a public road and not much different than if your bus was parked in a parking lot in downtown.

If a moderator could please remove these photos I would appreciate it.

Malokin Martin wrote:
type47fan1 wrote:
By posting the current tag, someone is doing the research to find the owner.

X2.

You'll never see that bus in your driveway now.

In CA you can not do anything with a license plate. If someone wants to find it that by all means go ahead. I am not trying to hoard this bus.

Braukuche wrote:
They will not give out personal info based on a license plate unless you are doing a lien sale.
I agree that he should not be trespassing and posting pix up. Obviously the bus is not abandoned and it not out in public. I know I would not want some one walking into my garage uninvited and taking pictures of my stuff.

I now realize that I shouldn't have started all this. The bus IS out in public though even though in this picture it may not look like it. This bus and its license plate can clearly be seen from a public road.

Stuartzickefoose wrote:
yall gotta remember....this is coastaircooledVW here....he doesnt know how to use the doorbell...Razz Laughing

I do know how to use a doorbell Laughing . I have stopped at this house many times and knocked every time and never have I seen any signs of life Confused .

Jung Restoration wrote:
Well, he's "taken" it this far - might as well just back up the truck and trailer and winch it on.

You guys are making it sound like I hopped in the bus and borrowed it for the SST and returned it the next weekend Rolling Eyes .

crukab wrote:
Erik G wrote:
yes, any DMV worker, CHP officer, local county sherrif, or city police has access to the owner info from the plate. More importantly, anyonce friends with a DMV worker, CHP Officer etc has access to the owner info Very Happy

Or someone like my Bro that works for the state.... Confused

I don't see why the plate is a big issue since it is visible from a public road.

YOUBUGME2 wrote:
widehatch wrote:
if it's an abandoned house, why is there still lights on in the shed/ garage. someone is still paying the light bill.

Those aren't lights they are open spots where the roof meets the wall. Not to mention somone cared enough to put cardboard under the engine to keep it from leaking to much.

Yes those are just open spots.
Tahlequah Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cru62 wrote:
If you need some gutter repair sections, hit me up. I had some made for "the Goat'el". They had to make up two extra 10' pieces because the width of the gutter rail they made was a tad too wide. But if you only need the gutter section these are perfect.

He's got a few parts buses, but thanks for the offer.
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone ever considor it may be a stolen bus? abandoned house may be a good drop point...

2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDi 6 speed manual

206-841-7324
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CoastalAirCooledVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuartzickefoose wrote:
anyone ever considor it may be a stolen bus? abandoned house may be a good drop point...

It is unlikely. It didnt have any CV joints when I looked at it Laughing .
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoastalAirCooledVW wrote:

cdennisg wrote:

If it has current registration, the property is likely not abandoned, and you were trespassing to get those shots. I recommend that you take these photos down before the owner gets pissed.

If you want to do the research, you can find the owner through the license plate number. You could also visit the county assessor's office and find the name and address of the property owner to ask permission to check out the bus.

I regret posting the pictures and if the owner is reading this (unlikely) I am sorry and I will sort this out. It may not be clear in these pictures but this bus is not "hidden" back in a shed like it may appear. It is in plain sight right off a public road and not much different than if your bus was parked in a parking lot in downtown.

Though the license plate could be seen in any parking lot, it also gives anyone a relatively easy way of contacting the owner in this situation, or finding out if the owner is nowhere to be found. That could lead to theft.

The bus may be in plain view from the street, but photos of the front of the bus and the interior were obviously taken from inside the garage, on private property. I agree, the photos need to be removed from the site for now. You should contact Everett directly.
Tahlequah Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the bumpers were painted yesterday
CoastalAirCooledVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:

cdennisg wrote:

Though the license plate could be seen in any parking lot, it also gives anyone a relatively easy way of contacting the owner in this situation, or finding out if the owner is nowhere to be found. That could lead to theft.

The bus may be in plain view from the street, but photos of the front of the bus and the interior were obviously taken from inside the garage, on private property. I agree, the photos need to be removed from the site for now. You should contact Everett directly.

I have contacted Everett directly but I still don't think that anyone will ever find this bus because of these pics.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:

cdennisg wrote:

I have contacted Everett directly but I still don't think that anyone will ever find this bus because of these pics.

I would be less concerned about someone else finding the bus due to the pics being posted than I would be about the bus's owner finding you because of them.
Colorado Bulli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Yeah
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuartzickefoose wrote:

Unlikely! A stolen and dropped off bus would be almost totally stripped! Confused
bigdish2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked this piece up last week too. Not a complete bus but still a cool part of one someone may put it to good use oneday.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

In the stash

1954 & 63 Vert
1956 Dove blue camper
(2) 1958 23w deluxes
1958 PGSG 11w og paint
1958 logo dd panel
1959 dove blue 11w
(5) 15w deluxes
(2) 1960,63,65 double cabs
1963 swr/bg 11w og paint
1964 limo bus 350 powered
1964 SO36 Dormobile flipseat Westy
1966 (2) so42’s og paint
1969 (2) porsche 912s
1969 dart swinger 340
(3) Porsche 911s sunroof,targa,cab
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slamnfreak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has that been in a fire??
bigdish2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slamnfreak wrote:

Yes it was.

In the stash

1954 & 63 Vert
1956 Dove blue camper
(2) 1958 23w deluxes
1958 PGSG 11w og paint
1958 logo dd panel
1959 dove blue 11w
(5) 15w deluxes
(2) 1960,63,65 double cabs
1963 swr/bg 11w og paint
1964 limo bus 350 powered
1964 SO36 Dormobile flipseat Westy
1966 (2) so42’s og paint
1969 (2) porsche 912s
1969 dart swinger 340
(3) Porsche 911s sunroof,targa,cab
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tacochris
OG Paint Archeologist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigdish2 wrote:
slamnfreak wrote:

Yes it was.

....from what appears to be a nasty rear-ender. Yikes....

"Nothing will ever be as nice as original paint, no matter how much is or isnt left"

"Those that confuse hoodride with the OG paint movement definitely have their wires crossed. Its all about preservation, pulling out its true potential while hoodride is about purposely making something look like a piece of shit." -SKIM
VWAdam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very rough 1966 21 window. The pictures make it look better than it actually is.
It's one of those "Some ol' boy is supposed to come get it, blah, blah, blah" I'm going to keep after it, so we'll see.

'59 Euro Beetle ragtop
'63 Standard Microbus

Come to my show! www.volksjam.com

Looking for badge/sticker/frame from Western Motors in Great Falls, Montana
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cru62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! If the pics make it look better than it is, that one of the DS really seals the deal. What a bloated, rotting carcass! That poor thing is clearly a parts bus. Again, WOW!

Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree- drawn and quartered- it may make decent garage wall art, maybe...

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
VWAdam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh you funny west coasters Laughing
Some crazy fool (not me Laughing ) would fix this pile.
There's some good stuff on it regardless and if the other guy backs out, I'd drag it out and pass it along to someone else. However it's rough enough that I'm not heartbroken if I don't get it.

'59 Euro Beetle ragtop
'63 Standard Microbus

Come to my show! www.volksjam.com

Looking for badge/sticker/frame from Western Motors in Great Falls, Montana
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vw7266
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass it my way... Very Happy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 664, 665, 666 ... 988, 989, 990  Next
Jump to:
Page 665 of 990

Jump to: