Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

what's the word on Sew Fine Interiors?
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Osbourne
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: what's the word on Sew Fine Interiors? Reply with quote

Since my '73 beetle and '72 super beetle will become daily drivers, after restoration, I want seats that are going to be comfortable (in other words, I ain't sittin' on plastic!) and durable, while still retaining a somewhat "stock" appearance.
Over the years, I've seen Sew Fine Interiors ads and it looks like they might have the answers I'm looking for.
Have any of you folks used their products? How do they hold up? How was the service?

Thanks.
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: what's the word on Sew Fine Interiors? Reply with quote

Bud Osbourne wrote:
Since my '73 beetle and '72 super beetle will become daily drivers, after restoration, I want seats that are going to be comfortable (in other words, I ain't sittin' on plastic!) and durable, while still retaining a somewhat "stock" appearance.
Over the years, I've seen Sew Fine Interiors ads and it looks like they might have the answers I'm looking for.
Have any of you folks used their products? How do they hold up? How was the service?

Thanks.

Check out the sew fine feedback forum.

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bud Osbourne
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: what's the word on Sew Fine Interiors? Reply with quote

APPLEGREENVW wrote:

Check out the sew fine feedback forum.

Thanks, Apples............good information. I wasn't aware of that section of the forum.
SLO-N-LO-69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I originally bought my interior from TMI but had to buy replacement parts from Sewfine because some of TMI stuff just didn't work out. If I were to do it again I would buy from Sewfine from the start. It costs more but the quality is second to none imo. Also when I called up with questions they took plenty of time to work with me and walk me through my concerns. Their install videos on their site are also very, very helpful.
Matts Bug Parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Sewfine Reply with quote

When I went to do my 78 vert I did a lot of research - found that TMI had a lot of problems - went with sewfine - good value. Quality of seat material.door and quarter panels is great as was the fit. More expensive than TMI - but the value is there.

Matt
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Sewfine Reply with quote

Matt's Bug Parts wrote:
When I went to do my 78 vert I did a lot of research - found that TMI had a lot of problems - went with sewfine - good value. Quality of seat material.door and quarter panels is great as was the fit. More expensive than TMI - but the value is there.

Matt

Matt
Do you have a photo of the 78 vert interior?
Stock or custom?

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
subwayaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used SewFine for my last Super and loved the Door Panels and COnsole I purchased; then went with TMI for my 79' Bay and wish I had gone with Sew FIne again instead.
jhicken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear they are So Fine.... Wink

-jeffrey
jamboguru
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used sewFine for my 73 SB, my 72, SB and my baywindow....I actually bought the Colorado seats for both SB from them... 73 was total custom job (took car to them and let them do the whole thing)and 72SB was just 2 tone....well worth every penny... for my bus I bout the unholstery and had a local guy do it..

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

early
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: SewFine Seat Covers Reply with quote

I looked for a long time for seat covers for my 73 Sport Bug. they are hard to find any of the shops that make covers.

I went to Carol at sewfine and she has the patterns but didnt have the exact fabric so I went with a total vinyl product that looks pretty nice. I give them high marks. I bought the foam and covers for front and rear seats. everything fits nicely!

I would highly reccomend them. these are photo's with the headrests not installed yet.

my 73 sports bug project build
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=497088
Current Projects :
73 Sport Bug - L13M gone now
67 Westfalia
57 oval window ragtop - sold june 2021
61 sedan
68 Corvette Roadster - Small Block, 4 Speed
86 GMC Sierra Classic- 4x4, Shortbed
94 Harley Flstn
JerryMCarter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Side panels were great -- very inexpensive- I was worried about the sewing and the thickness of fabric - so I did my own

Jerry
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: