Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Aftermarket injectors for 1.9 and 2.1 Vanagons
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
AtlasShrugged
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the reason they only sell them on-line is because mine were drop-shipped from Siemens in South Carolina..at least my order. That's were they are made for Lucas, I suppose.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Navy_Flyer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ordered 4, with new gaskets/o-rings. With the discount coupon code, saved $27, and another additional savings of $8.50 for the free shipping. I wasn't planning on changing my injectors, but with the economy the way it is and is going, thought I would put them on my spare parts shelf now, instead of later. My current injectors are a 'who knows when they were replaced, if ever'. The clock shows 149K, and I did change the fuel line (including on the injectors) about 5K ago, - they looked fairly clean albeit some external crud. Runs smoothly in all ranges, but mileage could be better - so maybe I will throw them on as preventative maintenance now instead of later and just be happy that it's one less thing, and put the currently installed ones on the shelf as ready emergency backup spares. Anyway, thought the price w/discount was a bargain which is what started me on this path.
plummerdesign
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will like the GP Sorenson units. These critters have been top notch for two years now in my daily driver. The savings and value of new over rebuilt was the deal cincher for me.
Cheers,
Jeffery
(Westfalia travel/camping videos at YouTube link below)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
teej
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appreciate all of the above. Decided to try them too, ours are original I reckon.
geo_tonz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone interested I inquired recently with Tomco about their injectors for the 1.9L (Part # 15501) and shipping to Canada so thought I'd share:

Quote:
The injectors are 64.44 each. Shipping from our side would be 27.52. This does not include the Canadian duties and taxes and fees which I understand can be quite costly.

John Wirkus
GSI/TOMCO
Customer Service Representative
314-646-5300 X351

7208A Weil Ave.
St Louis Mo., 63119

I'm still on the fence as I'm swapping engines and might have some surprises ($$) so maybe the old injectors will do until the swap's ironed out...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
a1fa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, don't bothering ordering through AutoZone. They don't have them. They just canceled my order... Pretty much the same speech I got when I tried to order them through the store.
Navy_Flyer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a1fa wrote:
Guys, don't bothering ordering through AutoZone. They don't have them. They just canceled my order... Pretty much the same speech I got when I tried to order them through the store.

I have not yet had my order cancelled - and the website still says available for ship-to-home. Fingers crossed... will keep this thread advised.
plummerdesign
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if Autozone cannot get them online, the same injectors are available from O'reillys Part # 57530P, at the same price (online).
Cheers,
Jeffery
(Westfalia travel/camping videos at YouTube link below)
AtlasShrugged
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep..that looks like the same injector. Now we can add another re-badged disc injector supplier..BWD..JP-Soresen..Tomco..Lucas

Good call plummerdesign!
Snort
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received a set of four from Autozone, thanks to the comments on this topic, a couple of days ago. It took about ten days to get the shipment; it looks like their distribution center had to get them from some other warehouse, so perhaps it's just a matter logistics.
a1fa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats the difference between 57530 and 57530P. I believe 57530D is refurbs. I called SMP (BWD), and they could not tell me the difference between 57530 and 57530P.
a1fa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

I had 57530 ordered previously, along side 800-1206N. The image on the websites for 57530 is incorrect. The injectors don’t appear to be the same. Interestingly enough, there is "1200 RIN-206" labeled on the 57530. The 5730 are green-top traditional injectors.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Navy_Flyer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a1fa wrote:
Whats the difference between 57530 and 57530P. I believe 57530D is refurbs. I called SMP (BWD), and they could not tell me the difference between 57530 and 57530P.

http://eaccess.smpcorp.com/eCatalogs/Downloads/EMD/Freedom_of_Choice.pdf

P-series appear to meet OEM specs.
Navy_Flyer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FedEx came yesterday. 4 new GP Sorenson FI's were in the box. They ARE available.
a1fa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Flyer wrote:
FedEx came yesterday. 4 new GP Sorenson FI's were in the box. They ARE available.

I just sent an email to AutoZone complaining...... I ordered my injectors several hours before Navy_Flyer, and they told me they cant order them:

Quote:

Part number 800-1206N, Multi-Port Injectors is out of stock and we have tried to reorder with no success. Our vendor cannot give us an availability date at this time. As a result, we had to cancel your order. We regret that this has occurred and apologize for any inconvenience. We have submitted a release of hold for the amount of the order. Please be advised that your bank/credit card company may take 3-4 business days to process the release and it should reflect on your account within 7-10 business days. Unfortunately, it is up to the bank to determine how fast your account is credited. We appreciate your patience.

Best Regards,
Description: Description: get in the zone
Jeanette Peoples
AUTOZONE FULFILLMENT CENTER
Inventory Control Clerk
901-495-6026
Operating Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:00 am-4:00 pm, Central Standard Time

Navy_Flyer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a1fa wrote:
Navy_Flyer wrote:

I just sent an email to AutoZone complaining...... I ordered my injectors several hours before Navy_Flyer, and they told me they cant order them:

Quote:

Part number 800-1206N, Multi-Port Injectors is out of stock and we have tried to reorder with no success. Our vendor cannot give us an availability date at this time. As a result, we had to cancel your order. We regret that this has occurred and apologize for any inconvenience. We have submitted a release of hold for the amount of the order. Please be advised that your bank/credit card company may take 3-4 business days to process the release and it should reflect on your account within 7-10 business days. Unfortunately, it is up to the bank to determine how fast your account is credited. We appreciate your patience.

Best Regards,
Description: Description: get in the zone
Jeanette Peoples
AUTOZONE FULFILLMENT CENTER
Inventory Control Clerk
901-495-6026
Operating Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:00 am-4:00 pm, Central Standard Time

Don't know how AutoZone manages inventory for internet sales - do they have a central warehouse, or several strategically placed around the country? Perhaps my order was filled from a warehouse closer to me that still had some left in inventory. Don't know. But sorry if I got the last 4 out from under you - wasn't my intent to leave you without FI's... By the way, just for kicks, logged back on to AutoZone, and they still show available for ship-to-home, after I put in my zipcode. Maybe you could call them to see if they could query other warehouses for stock.
a1fa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. That is very considerate of you. I'm not really worried about it... I am glad someone was able to get some. I ordered a different set, and they are just as good.
Snort
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last week, a few days after I got mine I noticed that one of the hoses was crimped on at a slight angle. So I went to my local Autozone, and they ordered a replacement for it. The replacement showed up the next day and all is good. If you have a local store close by, try them to see if they have local stock.
teej
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The set I ordered March 4 arrived yesterday. Only problem is they are mismatched. 3 are Sorenson part # 800-1206N, with short hose and clamp included. The odd one is in a totally different style package, part # 800-1272N, and doesn't include the short hose attached. The injector is also slightly different, and has a part number on it of 01D123B, while the other 3 all have D1600BA in small letters on the injector itself. No explanation was included (also never got any notice that the items had shipped). Shipping from TN. Here is the odd one:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/GP-Sorensen...ier=221932

Autozone website shows this as does not fit 86 vanagon 2wd 2.1L

Looks like I will be going to a Local Autozone too. Unimpressed so far.
Navy_Flyer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Installed my new GP Sorenson FI's today. Took about 40 minutes. Pressured up the fuel system (primed it 4 or 5 times at the ignition switch), checked for leaks - none. Started it - and it fired right up - very smooth idle. Took it for a test drive, and I perceived much better pick up from a stop, and better throttle response overall. Maybe just my delusions of grandeur. But it runs great. Now, the fuel mileage will be tested on the next long drive to see if I get any better economy.

Last edited by Navy_Flyer on Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: