Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Little Buddy heater
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DubNuts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a Little Buddy Heater. Use it mostly to take the chill out on those late Fall, and Early Spring Campouts. Usually only use it to warm the Van before snuggling in, and in the morning. But have used it over nite. I have yet to get much over 7 hrs off of the single cylinder with the heater on low..
I place my heater between the two front seats facing towards the rear benchseat. I use a small computer pancake fan rigged to a contractor pinch clamp, simular to a pototato chip Bag clamp but it's metal and stronger. I clamp the fan to the top handle of the little Buddy and let the low amp fan move the heat, the fan is wired to a power port plug and it plugs into my dash.

I also resolved the problem of running out of propane in two ways..
1.. is I picked up a long extention propane hose and run the heater off of a larger camp propane bottle that I place outside the door and the hose into the van to the heater. I can close the door and it works great.

2nd way. I had replaced my Vans propane tank and when I did I installed the extend-a-stay adapter. When I did so I used one of the capped off ports to install a elbow and copper tubbing into the Van. I installed and fastened a propane fitting to that copper line and now have a Propane Port in the bottom of my sink closet that I can simply connect my Little Buddy to or other propane items if needed.. Comes in handy, but wasn't the easiest install due to the tight'ness of adding the Extend-a-stay adapter.

I also bought a Propex heater several months ago just haven't gotten around to installing it yet, kind of question myself now why, as the little Buddy was far less expensive, did the job and is verstile for other uses.

Reguardless the little Buddy does come in handy for in and out of Van usage.

Plus if you want one this is the time of year to buy one because winter stuff will be marked down. I picked my up about 2 years ago at the end of winter for like $59.00 at a clearence sale..

Reguardless what you use, Be safe, and Good Luck
morymob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a PROBLEM with a lo-ox sw made in china!!
Summers420us
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IdahoDoug wrote:
<snip>... I found it mounted nicely on straps facing rearward off the front passenger seat. I was planning a much sturdier mount up high above the left rear cargo window but never did. ...<snip>... DougM

Can we see a pic of how you mounted it? I usinualy put my front table in and set it on top of that. The only thing that concerns me is a pillow or blanket falling off of the top bunk and landing on the heater... Shocked
WestiCoast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a buddy heater. I bought it before a winter trip to Utah. I we camped north of Vegas and it was in the 20's. Also when we got to Utah and it was 1 degree outside, I would run our to the van and start the engine and the buddy heater. By the time the engine was warming up enough to start putting our a little heat from the heater, the van was warm and ready for my wife and three year old to come out and be comfortable. It is instant heat and a lot of it. I love mine. Ive used it on two camping trips since then.
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all the low Ox cut off is, is that the pilot flame is just barely able to touch the thermo couple. so when the Ox is too low the flame will flicker more and the sensative Thermocouple will disengage the propane supply.

morymob wrote:
I have a PROBLEM with a lo-ox sw made in china!!

I have a problem with a 1sqft hot surface/flame to burn pillows, clothes, and dog tails.. we run a propane furnace/heater..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: