Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

EIS Parts - eisparts - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: eisparts
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: October 16, 2020
jbbugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

808OvalGreasemonkey wrote:
Ordered a steering wheel and turn signal switch for my 71 bus.Steering wheel was great,turn signal switch was garbage.......don't buy any electrical stuff,it is all Chinese made and not worth the money.

Did you install the switch? Did it work?

69 OG paint Transporter
73' Super Beetle Champcar Endurance Roadracer
Patina my ass, that's a Rust Bucket!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
808OvalGreasemonkey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The switch will not self cancel,the arms do not protrude enough for the steering wheel ring to contact them,and the "right" turn sigal position just flops back into the middle it will not "click" into place. This is basically a Chinese copy of a SWF and the parts "look" identical however they just can't get it right,it has poor quality control IMO. So theself cancelling never worked and 2 days of use the right turn signal position has to be held in place by my left hand to make it work........GO CHINA!! Yeah!! Confused
vulneratum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: windshield for a 1963 vert Reply with quote

I bought a windshield for a 63 vert from this place. Not once, no... twice. That my friends is how stupid I am.

PLEASE!!!!! DON"T BE STUPID and buy from these people!!!!

The first windshield I got, well... it was too small... WAY TOO SMALL.. Idiot me broke it trying to get it back off the bug so I could return it....

The second windshield... well.... it was so big it wouldn't fit....

I will never buy from this company again, and I hope you will not either.

Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
floyd1969
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have just bought a couple of small parts from EIS and couldn't fault service at all , I would use them again without hesitation!
mascrappo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

floyd1969 wrote:
Have just bought a couple of small parts from EIS and couldn't fault service at all , I would use them again without hesitation!

Same for me, packaged well and fast service. All the parts were as described.
jobparis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Safari Windows lock Reply with quote

excellent items, good communications, very patient & helpful.
Definitely will be back ... thanks
typesoneandtwo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a rocker panel for my Thing today. The website calculated shipping at $25 for Priority Mail. I paid in full. A few minutes later I received a call from EIS stating that it was too large for Priority and I would have to pay about $50 for UPS instead. I told them I thought we had an agreement, and that they could ship it via parcel post for less than $25. They replied that then they would have to drive to the PO. I didn't think to mention USPS free-pickup at that moment.
When I questioned $50 on shipping they immediately wanted to cancel the order. I really needed the part so I asked to talk to a manager. he put me on hold and then said that they didn't even have any in stock.
I wasn't impressed.
paul_fio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had pretty good luck with them in the past, until my last order. I've ordered hundreds of dollars of parts from them and they ship fast... I own a type 3 and I needed a passenger mirror. I purchased the $15 dollar job and here's the blurb on it:

Good quality part to finish that restoration project. This is a side view mirror, chrome plated for the right side on Bug's from ' 68 - ' 78, and Type 3's from ' 62 - ' 73. Why settle for a used, cracked, and faded side view mirror when you can purchase a new one today!!

Here's the link http://www.eisparts.com/113857514DX.html

OK, sounds reasonable. The thing is, the part is garbage. First, the gasket that goes against the body is too big for the mirror and could not be used (I used an o-ring instead). So I installed the mirror with a wrench to tighten the base (I didn't tighten the mirror by cranking on the mirror part). About 2 days later I was driving down the road and the mirror fell out of the housing and went skipping down the road... Whoops. So I emailed EIS and Shawn responded that he was sorry, but that's what happens with the cheap parts... Em, huh? That's why we put an X at the end of the part number to denote that it's a marginal part. OK, that's news to me. He said he'd take 5 percent off the "good" $30 part. Then he said that can happen if I over tighten it. Nope, I didn't over tighten it and really, if you install it correctly, tightening it with a wrench at the base would have no effect on the mirror housing. i checked back on their website and they don't even sell the higher quality mirror for the passenger side so there's no option for me there.

So rather than EIS saying, hey, you've been a good customer, we'll credit you the money back, they blew me off. So, they've lost me as a customer because there's just too many choices out there to be treated this way by a seller especially when they know they're selling marginal stuff. Plus, they accuse me of installing it wrong, and oh, if I had bought the "good" quality mirror, the wouldn't have happened. Not good customer service. It's really not the cost either, it's the principle.
808OvalGreasemonkey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update,my EIS bus steering wheel,after less than a year,is cracking in different places. Definitely cheap materials used in the steering wheel production.
paul_fio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer. I purchased a new steering wheel from EIS too. Black and I live in Nevada...
79SB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: EIS Parts, Not Recommended Reply with quote

At first I found the staff and owner to be friendly enough, offering the bare minimum of information that I needed. Over time, however, I received inaccurate information about parts and their pricing. Product descriptions on the EIS website are not always correct, thus I had to be an incredibly informed consumer before committing to buying anything from them. This became increasingly difficult, as staff did not have enough knowledge to answer my questions. Staff have difficulty keeping commitments to return phone calls and/or emails. And, the owner presented as inflexible and aggressive when I spoke to him about the troubles I was having. When he became rude and I gave him the feedback that his response to me was not very customer oriented, his reply to me was, "Just because you are not happy does not mean that I'm not customer oriented." Where Shawn fails as a business owner is in his attitude toward the people who support his business with their purchases. If he could present as courteous I would continue as a customer. Since he is not able to do this, I will take my business elsewhere.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
paul_fio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul_fio wrote:
Bummer. I purchased a new steering wheel from EIS too. Black and I live in Nevada...

Update: I observed my first crack 3 weeks ago and I've been driving the car now for 3 months. Whoopee! Maybe others should try a different vendor though I suspect the quality will be marginal as well. I'm not even going to try and contact EIS based on my past experience with their customer service.
auro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: EIS Parts, Not Recommended Reply with quote

I bought 4 lenses (hella). The boxes were packed in a HUGE box, but still one lens arrived broken. Another lens came without the rubber boot. After a lot of arguing (phone, emails, and photos) the guys gave me an RMA.
However, the roundtrip shipment would cost me more than the object (40$), therefore I told them that I will bring my business elsewhere. What the hell.. I send them a picture the day after the delivery and still I need to pay SHIPPING BACK ?

I can not comment if the part are cheap or not, but I do comment that THEY DO NOT CHECK WHAT THEY ARE SHIPPING, and if they mess up, you will pay their mistakes. Another store to avoid.
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their reproduction ragtop rails aren't countersunk deeply enough. The screws contact the rollers unless you drill the mounting down another 1/8". Bad fit for an over $100 part.
OvalinAz
Samba Mini Tech

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it just me or is the whole Eis site down? from my phone and PC the when i try to go to it, says that it is "unable to find eisparts.com"
12/62 French 11 Window Bus

EverettB wrote:
chromies should be outlawed and thrown in the trash

Pandraggers C.C.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't work for me either right now.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
John K
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: rain gutter purchase Reply with quote

I ordered a set of rain gutter trim for my Ghia The customer service part of the transaction was excellent. I received the trim within 4 days. However, the trim was advertised german made, original OEM quality. It actually was a cheapo repop that I would not even put on a daily driver. It did not even have the securing screw holes in the end You had to drill it yourself. If I was at a VW meet and saw these, I would of never even consider purchasing these. I might of given 10 bucks for them, but that's it. That was a 150 bucks plus shipping down the drain. I ordered parts from these people before and was satisfied, but this time I feel I really got ripped off.
jsf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ordered several times from EIS Parts. This time I ordered an item and it was shipped the next day with tracking provided. It arrived on time and when I opened the box I discovered they had sent me the wrong pad. I called them within 5 minutes of delivery and they immediately (that day) shipped me the correct pad + a UPS label (prepaid) for the return of the incorrect item. They provided tracking on the correct part so I would know when to expect delivery.

As I tell my children, people screw up (... is the nature of the animal), that is not particularly important but what IS important is what you do about it afterwards. I could not be happier with the service I have received from EIS and the quality of everything I have ordered has been as advertised and very good.

I absolutely will order from them again -- many thanks.

68 Karmann Ghia
65 Deluxe Sunroof Beetle
Bansheelos
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just put an order in. Lets see how this pan's out.
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered some wheel studs on Friday, had them coast to coast and in my hand Tuesday morning. Fair price, thanks!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: