Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Roadside recommended burritos - add your thoughts
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
69 Jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnnypan wrote:
Dunebubby wrote:
johnnypan wrote:
I was stationed at Port Hueneme while you were learning to work and play well with others.

7th street in Modesto by the train station..taco truck row...Jessica #3 is quite good.

My Dad was stationed there twice. That's what re-landed me there in high school. In 74 he was with MCB 40. In 87 he went back to Hueneme to be a SeaBee instructor.

Ironically he now lives in Modesto so maybe I'll have a chance to hit up Jessica #3. Sounds like I need to commence the "Johnnypan Taqueria Tour", or maybe just become your stalker....... Wink

NMCB-40 '79-82 Alpha company...they just decommissioned 40 talk about officially being a geezer,nothing like outliving your military unit..were all just 7 degrees of separation aint we..

Real men were born in Port Hueneme...
k.t.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
k.t. wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
k.t. wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
It was once a taco cart, then a truck, than a very small shack, now a larger shack with limited indoor seating.

If any of you make it to this small slice of Idaho, you need to check out Joel's. Joel grew up in Mexico, lived in San Diego, then moved north. His joint is always packed for lunch, and folks come from a long way to eat here. It may not be the same as what you can get in SoCal, but it is a local and regional favorite. Folks who come to visit me either want to go there, or are brought there and understand why.

Located at the corner of Church and 3rd in Sandpoint. It is worth your while for breakfast or lunch. They close at four, and closed on Sundays.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Joels-Mexican-Restaurant/211423638937783

DAMN! Wish I'd known that when I was showing draft horses there! Had some sketchy Chinese a few times

The best Chinese in this town is at Safeway! Next September, be sure to stop at Joel's!

Not showing anymore😡

Then you'll just have to come back for the hell of it.

Maybe to ski! Always wanted to come back and hit that area up the road from there. Hopefully I can rehab this knee. Been down for two seasons, it's killing me!
bowtiebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://freebirds.com/

There kinda like subway , you build your own Burrito's

In Denton Tx there is one at 380/I-35 by walmart ..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Ellensburg Washington.
johnnypan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

69 Jim wrote:
johnnypan wrote:
Dunebubby wrote:
johnnypan wrote:
I was stationed at Port Hueneme while you were learning to work and play well with others.

7th street in Modesto by the train station..taco truck row...Jessica #3 is quite good.

My Dad was stationed there twice. That's what re-landed me there in high school. In 74 he was with MCB 40. In 87 he went back to Hueneme to be a SeaBee instructor.

Ironically he now lives in Modesto so maybe I'll have a chance to hit up Jessica #3. Sounds like I need to commence the "Johnnypan Taqueria Tour", or maybe just become your stalker....... Wink

NMCB-40 '79-82 Alpha company...they just decommissioned 40 talk about officially being a geezer,nothing like outliving your military unit..were all just 7 degrees of separation aint we..

I got drunk and laid there,does that count?
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Roadside recommended burritos - add your thoughts Reply with quote

Depends on what you laid.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malokin Martin wrote:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Ellensburg Washington.

Whereabouts in E-burg? I am often hungry about the time your humble little town comes along on my journeys East and West on I-90.
Dunebubby
Samba Thread Killer

Location: In my den,throwing darts at a picture of my ex-boss

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sage wrote:
I heard that Meat Shake is now serving up a wicked burrito...

Meat Shake

Damn Sage,your good.........

Hook,......

Line,........

And Sinker........... Laughing
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:

Whereabouts in E-burg? I am often hungry about the time your humble little town comes along on my journeys East and West on I-90.

Right on Main Street about midway through town. Not a bad stop. They serve everything from brains to just good ordinary Mexican fare.

I'd recommend eating inside... it's chock full of random Mexico gear and a gigantic projection tv out of 1980. The taco wagon equivalent of a kick *** dive bar.

209 S Main St Ellensburg, WA 98926
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malokin Martin wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

Right on Main Street about midway through town. Not a bad stop. They serve everything from brains to just good ordinary Mexican fare.

I'd recommend eating inside... it's chock full of random Mexico gear and a gigantic projection tv out of 1980. The taco wagon equivalent of a kick *** dive bar.

209 S Main St Ellensburg, WA 98926

Thanks. Gonna check it out next time I get the chance. There used to be a place in town called "Mama's Cookin' Cajun", but I was through there last summer and it was closed. Bummer.
69 Jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnnypan wrote:
69 Jim wrote:
johnnypan wrote:
Dunebubby wrote:
johnnypan wrote:

I got drunk and laid there,does that count?

Dad!!!!
dubllyou
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunebubby wrote:
dubllyou wrote:
Dunebubby wrote:
.... In 87 he went back to Hueneme to be a SeaBee instructor.

My lil Bro was in the SeaBees about then, Port Hueneme. I'll have to check who his instructors were.. he might know your dad.

Small world Eh? The last name is Knuth......

Bro was there in '85... little too early to have met your Dad.

Wade

vwo60 wrote:
You cannot polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: