Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1684, 1685, 1686 ... 2706, 2707, 2708  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ that actually looks pretty damn good on my monitor. Walk thru 23s are probably only whine-worthy when I can't have one IMO...

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Cuņado Wear
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlohaAhola wrote:
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/3750181946.html

Found another 100k'er notice whenever somebody knows they are asking too much they can't type out 100,000?

Anyhow got to love how the paint came out, don't think swr is supposed to be salmon color Embarassed

61'would have been yellow and black plates not black plates like he says orignal Ca black plate car.

Looking for front kick panels for late 63' Deluxe Basalt Gray
60' Double Cab
63' 15 Window Deluxe
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100K 23 Windows = common, but check out this rare one! A 100K PANEL!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1463442

Only a 'collector' would buy that, but I'm not sure how collectable Rossi headlights are or trailer lights?!?
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlohaAhola wrote:

Found another 100k'er notice whenever somebody knows they are asking too much they can't type out 100,000?

Anyhow got to love how the paint came out, don't think swr is supposed to be salmon color Embarassed

Don't see anything whine worthy there, at least it has a split middle and rear plus kick panels unlike most of them which have fat chick seats.

As for the plates, you had to put on the black ones in '63, the yellow ones went up on the wall of the garage.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
Chris Paterson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cuņado Wear wrote:
AlohaAhola wrote:

61'would have been yellow and black plates not black plates like he says orignal Ca black plate car.

Actually that's not true. Original yellow plate cars had to switch to black in 63 when those plates came out. So if its yellow plate era but has black plates it never left CA. If they're yellow then some one has YOM plates on them.
Big Bill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As for the plates, you had to put on the black ones in '63, the yellow ones went up on the wall of the garage

Wow I can remember when my Dad did that to his 58 Chevy. I can still remember the # CZU 637. Thanks for the memory. Very Happy
Cuņado Wear
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Braukuche"]
AlohaAhola wrote:

As for the plates, you had to put on the black ones in '63, the yellow ones went up on the wall of the garage.

Thanks Dan. I totally forgot about that.

Looking for front kick panels for late 63' Deluxe Basalt Gray
60' Double Cab
63' 15 Window Deluxe
cru62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Paterson wrote:
Cuņado Wear wrote:
AlohaAhola wrote:

Actually that's not true. Original yellow plate cars had to switch to black in 63 when those plates came out. So if its yellow plate era but has black plates it never left CA. If they're yellow then some one has YOM plates on them.

A YOM-eligible vehicle that came from out of state in '63 would have '63 black plates.

Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
OVIEDOAV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rockymountainaircooled wrote:
Erik G wrote:
trippin

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1462963

No pics of said bus, a 6 week resto, how much? and your last resto doesnt look so good either.

trippin

look at the red one. Bumper uprights, side doors look weird, rocker looks puffy, behind the rear tire isn't painted... none of them look to have wipers. The mango has some rocker to door fitment issues as well. Not something I'd be showing off and asking 22k for the next one. Maybe just me, but no way for a botched resto 13w

Glad I finally made the whines. I dish it out enough and I can take it Smile
I guess a buyer can decide if my work is good enough at that price. If not we are still going ahead with the bus anyway. There is a mint 67' Titian deluxe for sale locally here frim a friend of mine for $39k and I think it is worth every penny. It is a 2 owner with perfect original interior and $10-15k in bodywork. I am trying to be realistic with what I have gotten for other deluxes and the level we take them to.

I remember seeing another one of your restos for sale. Although it wasn't perfect, you pointed out the issues, and it sold for what seemed a fair price. I also think this one is a fair price, fo the work you say you will be putting into it. Good luck on the resto and sale.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OVIEDOAV wrote:
I remember seeing another one of your restos for sale. Although it wasn't perfect, you pointed out the issues, and it sold for what seemed a fair price. I also think this one is a fair price, fo the work you say you will be putting into it. Good luck on the resto and sale.

Agreed! People somehow think they are going to get a perfect bus AND a cheap price. Can't have both! I think the work you guys did plus what you were asking is totally fair.
banana split
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawerks wrote:
100K 23 Windows = common, but check out this rare one! A 100K PANEL!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1463442

Only a 'collector' would buy that, but I'm not sure how collectable Rossi headlights are or trailer lights?!?

That price is just plain stupid on the Barndoor!
1964 Chop Top
IN2RUST
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of bus prices are out of this world crazy. The owners put them up for sale and they do not sell. They do not wan't to lower their prices but get angry and hostile when you make them a reasonable offer. People see a few bus sales on barrett Jackson and think they can get 100k for their bus, or 90k or 80k. The market of people looking for a 100k bus are few. If that was the case, that 59 walk thru 23 window would have sold one of the 4 times it has been on FleaBay or on here.

People are starting to spend money around my area again. Houses are not on the market very long and sell pretty quick.
rockymountainaircooled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawerks wrote:
OVIEDOAV wrote:

Agreed! People somehow think they are going to get a perfect bus AND a cheap price. Can't have both! I think the work you guys did plus what you were asking is totally fair.

I appreciate the kind words. It looks like this project is sold and we are booking one or two more off the ad- so I am thrilled!
I try to be realistic and fair- and most of my busses sell in about 5-14 days when completed, so I know they are priced right.
I will work on my bumper alignment and other mentioned things so that when I post pictures here people will have to only criticize bolt colors or blinker lens color or something really important Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ccb_dan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rockymountainaircooled wrote:

I will work on my bumper alignment and other mentioned things so that when I post pictures here people will have to only criticize bolt colors or blinker lens color or something really important Smile

That's awesome! Haters gonna hate, keep on doing your thing man. Cool
olliehank47
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here's my whine: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1463356

It's not concerning the price but the fact it's advertised as a camper with shots of the ID tags but no pictures of the interior which, in my mind, would one the most important things to show if advertising a camper for sale Exclamation There is absolutely no mention of the camper interior condition in the description or if it's even still in the bus. The pictures, at best, make it unclear if there is any camping interior remaining. I've seen many ads for Westys that are gutted but, in those cases, I can understand that someone may be looking for shell to restore which may even have an m-code plate, or the pop-top installed, but in those cases it is clearly stated or shown there is no interior.
dubstar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

15,000?

Rolling Eyes Razz Shocked Wink

http://instagram.com/john_aka_dubstar/
http://web.stagram.com/n/john_aka_dubstar/

"you could transport really tall things too, like a giraffe"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joe56vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

olliehank47 wrote:
Okay, here's my whine: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1463356

It's not concerning the price but the fact it's advertised as a camper with shots of the ID tags but no pictures of the interior which, in my mind, would one the most important things to show if advertising a camper for sale Exclamation There is absolutely no mention of the camper interior condition in the description or if it's even still in the bus. The pictures, at best, make it unclear if there is any camping interior remaining. I've seen many ads for Westys that are gutted but, in those cases, I can understand that someone may be looking for shell to restore which may even have an m-code plate, or the pop-top installed, but in those cases it is clearly stated or shown there is no interior.

just by looking thru the windows it doesn't look like much of a camper to me

why is there no sarcasism button on here?
Vintagespeed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://humboldt.craigslist.org/cto/3698855638.html

these are not responding Laughing

Fake?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vani11aGori11a
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure that one is fake.

Lame hornswaggling attempt.
norcalmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was on CL advertised as a Transporter engine

Have complete Volkswagon Transporter engine (note engine number on pic of alternator stand). Engine does not turn over, have not attempted as this was in family member's garage for 30 years. Price reflects "complete", from clutch to heater bellows to air cleaner. Could part out for twice this price but no time for multiple buyers.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

So, being the jerk I am, I emailed and asked if was serious about 1000 bucks for it. Here was his rambling response:

Not sure if this is a smart @*% rhetorical comment or, if you are actually asking a question?
I will assume the latter.

Yes, I am very serious. The photos will be changed shortly as the originals are very poor. The engine has been wiped down not cleaned, and anyone with a bug or transporter anywhere near the same year as this engine will understand that the sheet metal alone, not to mention the original components, are simply NOT available in one place on the open market.

If you feel this component is junk, try and find a period correct air cleaner (which this engine has) with the correct German writing on it in order to complete your show vehicle.

Although I am always willing to negotiate and/or entertain reasonable offers (as even I realize something is only worth what another will pay), I rarely post that term on C.List. The number of individuals making outrageous requests/offers so they can flip the item at the flea market/swap meet on Saturday is a huge waste of time.

So, all of this jabbering to answer a five word question - I'm sure isn't what you signed on for but, now and again it's necessary to explain my philosophy, so that should anyone see my many other items being offered they will understand that the prices I ask a based on the current Market Value and, then reduced enough to sell with a few days. (example, just sold two scooters, new and un-boxed) in less than 48 hours requiring me to write "sorry too late" emails to way too many people who were ready to (and did), offer more than my asking price. The person who responded first and arrived with cash, likely doubled his money that weekend.

So with all that, want to buy a bone stock all original (complete with clutch and bell housing) 1957 392 Chrysler Hemi, for a Grand? Or, is that an early morning shocker as well?

Seriously though, thanks for the email. Fun to respond regardless of its original intent. Have a good Saturday.

Scott
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1684, 1685, 1686 ... 2706, 2707, 2708  Next
Jump to:
Page 1685 of 2708

Jump to: