Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Texas Classic in Fredericksburg
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zylinderkopf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Texas Classic in Fredericksburg Reply with quote

This will be my first time there. Have decided to drive the 260 miles and pray my Thing will make it! Hope to meet some of you there...anyone else going? Orange 181
baja540
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, were just North of you on lake Texoma. We have a 73 Thing that will be staying at home. This will be our third year to go. Its a great show and swap meet. We will be stopping by the Things off and on Sat & Sun. See you there.

Ron
63ziggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thatthing

I have been the past 2 yrs. great show. I drove the first year approx 230-40 miles. Great time heading in. The drive home on Sunday pm after a little sun baking and gusty winds made it a real long drive home. again, the way in was a blast with the road trip thrill. had 2 of my boys with me as well.

The last part of the drive through the hill country can be fun keep a head of steam up the longgggg hills.

there should be about a dozen pluso Things registered. That seems to be the number.

there were over 400 cars in the show last year. almost 200 did the saturday cruise through the country side. You should try and make that as well.

bring back some pics. I can't make it this year. too many other family commitments.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TexasJJJJJ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: I will be there. Reply with quote

I will be there.

I live in San Antonio, so a pretty easy drive.

Make sure you get some apple strudel from the Fredericksburg bakery - amazing! Lots of great German food and beer!

Won't get up there until noon-ish on Saturday due to kid stuff.
thinghunter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there Sunday but the Thing will be staying at home. I was supposed to be on vacation this week to get it ready and take it easy going down there but my vacation was cancelled other than Sunday so I'm just driving another non VW vehicle. Mad Evil or Very Mad
billzer06
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't be there this year, but most of the midland folks will be there. There is an all original yellow 73 with a roll bar and luggage racks from midland. He also has a red and black SC he is taking. All of the midland folks are real friendly, so feel free to say hi to them! And go buy a hot dog from the guy in the logoed dove blue panel! He's one of ours too!
Zylinderkopf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Texas Classic was excellent! We had 14 Things in the competition - got to know most of the owners. There was a VW cruise through the hillcountry to Luckenbach on the second day - amazing to see all these old VWs cruising through the countryside!

here is a link to the event web page:
http://www.texasvwclassic.com/winners.php

Weather was great - and the VW crowd is just fantastic!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: