Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

TrulyVintage - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: TrulyVintage
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 26, 2024
jmje2000
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: TrulyVintage - [email protected] Reply with quote

Jim is absolutely fantastic! Professional, honest, and reliable enclosed transport.

He moved a bus for me from Kansas to Washington. Bus arrived on time and Jim personally called me to notify me at drop off point. He was a pleasure to deal with.

I would highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for protected enclosed transport. I will definitely keep him in my contacts for any future transport needs.

Thanks again Jim!
TrulyVintage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Thank You Reply with quote

Jeremy,

Thank you ......

Jim

vwcollective
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a great experience with Jim. Great communication and professional service. I would trust him to ship anything no matter the value and know that it would arrive without any problems.

I would use him again in a heard beat and know my vehicle would be handled with care.

Thanks Jim!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notsnarb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Truly Vintage Reply with quote

Jim moved a bug for me from MI to PA at short notice.

Great communications, reasonable rates & stuck to his quoted price. Goes the extra mile to work with seller and purchaser and ensured he got the vehicle to me to meet my changed commitment & deadline.

Knows the business and takes great care of the vehicles he moves.

On top of all this real a nice guy and a professional.

Thanks for the great service Jim
Vince Petrie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: TrulyVintage Reply with quote

I just got my VW delivered by Jim of TrulyVintage. He came to my rescue after I got the run around for months from the transport brokers. Jim is professional, competent, reliable, friendly and fairly priced. I've already recommended him to another VW owner and friend of mine. I would use his service again without any second thought. Thanks Jim. Keep up the good work.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
dualport
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Glad I found him Reply with quote

Jim was great and literally went the extra mile to help me. Highly recommended,
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ScottShelley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim is great! He really helped me out when I was having a hard time getting a non running Vanago moved. I would highly recommend him! Thanks Jim!
poison
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: TrulyVintage - [email protected] Reply with quote

Had a great experience with Jim. Great communication, he delivers a very professional service. I would trust him any time and i would certainly recommend him to anybody that needs a vehicle shipped.

I would use him again in a future if I had to ship another vehicle knowing that it would be handled with care and arrive without any problems.

Thanks Jim!!!
Max Boost
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: TrulyVintage - [email protected] Reply with quote

Jim is the man!! Thanks Jim for helping me bring my baja home. i can honestly say i am 100% satisfied with his service. he picked up my car from a friends house in phoenix and my friend also said "Jim was a very cool guy" You cant get any better service than that. Be sure Jim will be the first person i call for my next transport.

Thank you!
J,Chrome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: TrulyVintage - [email protected] Reply with quote

Very Happy very happy with my transport service. I read the other reviews and talked to Jim a lot. Might have gotten on his nerves with my multitude of questions 😆. He did a personal great job. I will contact him in the future with any transportation needs!
dualport
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: TrulyVintage - [email protected] Reply with quote

Jim helped us out again moving a 924S from Charlotte to Austin. There’s cheap and then there is ‘done right, safe and secure’. Don’t go cheap if you care about your car or truck. Jim does it right and with a smile. Thanks Jim!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
luhrsen92648
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: TrulyVintage - [email protected] Reply with quote

Thanks Jim for delivering my 55 VW BUG CONVERTIBLE safely from El Paso, Texas to Huntington Beach, CA. Sorry for texting you so much when you were on the road. I was just a little anxious. I would definitely use you again in the near future!

Thanks again
Larry
ron169
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: TrulyVintage - [email protected] Reply with quote

Every now and then things happen , Sad

As far as my personal experience with Jim, Everything started out great we started communications on Monday 6/22/20 , and he was explaining to me his process his experience all that , i googled him to do more research cause I had found him on the samba and the feed back here is all Positive so I went ahead and told him lets do it , he was currently located in Jacksonville so he explained he would have to come down to Miami to go back up to deliver to Dells for me so the price went up a little more then I could afford and i mentioned it to him, I proposed that I could probably get some one to deliver to Jacksonville and save a bit of money so we went back and discussed price and came to an agreement, I provided all the information he needed, pick up , delivery locations, contacts to both Delivery address and to the other transporter. he got into contact with the other transporter. and they agreed on a time . Jim was really tentative to seeing when the other transporter picked up. He picked up late into the night.and i mentioned it to him all of our conversation to that point has been via Phone calls and Text messages

So my situation starts here.

I went to bed and Jim called me early in the morning 730 that the other transporter was running super behind cause of some flat tire supposedly (3 hours behind) Jim vented to me cause he was upset so I understood and apologized on behalf of the other transporter cause I hired him ,We fast forward 2 hour i call Jim to inform him that I sent payment for my vehicle to where it was going to and showed him proof of payment via text message, i asked him for a copy of his idea so i could have an idea of who exactly was going to transport my vehicle-- putting a face to the voice (it was at this point where things took a nasty spiral ) Jim became very belligerent i assume he took it wrongly and i meant no disrespect it was really for ease of mind. At that point he was like fxxk you I am not taking your vehicle Im leaving and went on a rant- * i tried to mitigate as fast I could could but he just hung up. I called immediately back but the phone was just going to voice mail. and I started to panic cause the other transporter was arriving within 30 minutes to the location and he wasn't going to be able to wait to long so I had him call to see if he could get a hold of Jim. this was at 10 AM

Jim send me a text with" that hes is done with me and that hes been waiting since 6am (i had apologized about that when he called me at 7 but that not something I could control). also in the text to not call text or contact in any way .

I sent him a picture of the other transporter current gps location

I was baffled, Jim had mentioned that he couldn't leave Jacksonville till Friday since he had booked a hotel so I really wasn't sure why he got so distraught i understand the having to wait for another person but what does that have to do with me ? I prepaid -showed proof of payment - and kept constant contact with both of them .. but Jim never responded I begged for him to answer the call so i could please sort out the situation. At that point I have no way to bring the car back to Miami and apologies about trying to save a bit of money figuring he was probably mad that i found some one to take the vehicle to Jacksonville then having him come down and back up,

I called a few more times - the other transporter is hounding me that he has to go and that he would have to leave the vehicle in the parking lot of the Walmart (this is where Jim and him agreed to meet) i got no more response from Jim after his text - Called a few more times he respond by mistake on one of his called as was talking bad about me to some one -

i ended up calling a local towing company to transport the beetle to a storage unit paid for the tow truck -and had to pay for a storage unit AND that is currently where my car is sitting - Abandoned by Jim

I wished Jim blessing. apologized one last time via text and that the last thing i sent ----

In conclusion my experience with Jim started good and ended TERRIBLE, i would never recommend him to any one,
TrulyVintage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: TrulyVintage - [email protected] Reply with quote

ron169 wrote:

As far as my personal experience with Jim, Everything started out great we started communications on Monday 6/22/20 , and he was explaining to me his process his experience all that , i googled him to do more research cause I had found him on the samba and the feed back here is all Positive so I went ahead and told him lets do it , he was currently located in Jacksonville so he explained he would have to come down to Miami to go back up to deliver to Dells for me so the price went up a little more then I could afford and i mentioned it to him, I proposed that I could probably get some one to deliver to Jacksonville and save a bit of money so we went back and discussed price and came to an agreement, I provided all the information he needed, pick up , delivery locations, contacts to both Delivery address and to the other transporter. he got into contact with the other transporter. and they agreed on a time . Jim was really tentative to seeing when the other transporter picked up. He picked up late into the night.and i mentioned it to him all of our conversation to that point has been via Phone calls and Text messages

I went to bed and Jim called me early in the morning 730 that the other transporter was running super behind cause of some flat tire supposedly (3 hours behind) Jim vented to me cause he was upset so I understood and apologized on behalf of the other transporter cause I hired him ,We fast forward 2 hour i call Jim to inform him that I sent payment for my vehicle to where it was going to and showed him proof of payment via text message, i asked him for a copy of his idea so i could have an idea of who exactly was going to transport my vehicle-- putting a face to the voice (it was at this point where things took a nasty spiral ) Jim became very belligerent i assume he took it wrongly and i meant no disrespect it was really for ease of mind. At that point he was like fxxk you I am not taking your vehicle Im leaving and went on a rant- * i tried to mitigate as fast I could could but he just hung up. I called immediately back but the phone was just going to voice mail. and I started to panic cause the other transporter was arriving within 30 minutes to the location and he wasn't going to be able to wait to long so I had him call to see if he could get a hold of Jim. this was at 10 AM

Jim send me a text with" that hes is done with me and that hes been waiting since 6am (i had apologized about that when he called me at 7 but that not something I could control). also in the text to not call text or contact in any way .

I was baffled, Jim had mentioned that he couldn't leave Jacksonville till Friday since he had booked a hotel so I really wasn't sure why he got so distraught i understand the having to wait for another person but what does that have to do with me ? I prepaid -showed proof of payment - and kept constant contact with both of them .. but Jim never responded I begged for him to answer the call so i could please sort out the situation. At that point I have no way to bring the car back to Miami and apologies about trying to save a bit of money figuring he was probably mad that i found some one to take the vehicle to Jacksonville then having him come down and back up,

I called a few more times - the other transporter is hounding me that he has to go and that he would have to leave the vehicle in the parking lot of the Walmart (this is where Jim and him agreed to meet) i got no more response from Jim after his text - Called a few more times he respond by mistake on one of his called as was talking bad about me to some one -

i ended up calling a local towing company to transport the beetle to a storage unit paid for the tow truck -and had to pay for a storage unit AND that is currently where my car is sitting - Abandoned by Jim

I wished Jim blessing. apologized one last time via text and that the last thing i sent ----

In conclusion my experience with Jim started good and ended TERRIBLE, i would never recommend him to any one,

My Advice If This Guy Ever Wants To Do Business With You ....

Read what is on his VW Bug ....

Just Say .... NO

This guy claims he “ prepaid “ for transport.

He never paid me anything.

This guy claims I abandoned his vehicle.

I never saw his vehicle - it never went into
my trailer.

I spent almost (6) hours waiting for his
VW Bug that never arrived and I left after
he demanded I text him an image of my
Drivers License.

If someone wants to send his VW Bug to Wisconsin
to have some electrical wiring done when they live
in Miami .....

If someone wants to put his VW Bug on an open trailer
and send it up from Miami to Jacksonville .....

If I arrive at 6:00 am & wait until 7:30 am with no contact from
either the hauler or the owner of the VW Bug that hired the hauler
and then text both and receive no reply until 8:00 am from either
and then I am told by the hauler at 8:30 am it will be
at least another (3) hours until he arrives because of a flat tire
he got the night before .....

I can deal with that ....

But when the guy who posted here calls me around 10:30 am
to say the hauler will be delayed further because the plastic
the owner put on the VW Bug is coming off and then he follows
that up by texting me and calling me demanding I send him
proof of my identity by text message after I told him that
I am not going to do that ....

When he persists and repeatedly demands I provide it
after I tell him I am not going to do it .....

“ I am done with you “ which is what I told him
on the phone and what I texted to him.

No profanity and no arguing.

I texted him not to contact me further by phone
or text or any other manner.

He called me 18 times and sent numerous
text messages over the next hour.

This Guy Is One Big 🚩 Flag

Jim

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

ron169
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Truly Vintage - [email protected] Reply with quote

TrulyVintage wrote:
ron169 wrote:

Just Say .... NO

my trailer.

Drivers License.

in Miami .....

Jim

You have pictures of the vehicle , and pictures of me telling you payment is ready at destination , THAT IS WHAT YOU REQUESTED- YOU said COD - Cash was sent and waiting as you requested- you tell me how to do things and i did it i followed up every second of the way- you never saw my vehicle cause you are not a man of your word - You decided not to wait i offered to pay you via Zelle and Cash App and PayPal when we were on the phone - You did abandon my vehicle i do not live in Jacksonville you were in Jacksonville we agreed two days prior Jim i paid some one to take the car up to you as you were there i sent you Proof of the payment

one of your text said and i quote" I usually take COD(cash on Delivery) or you can pay in advance - i called and asked you that i would like to so COD you agreed

Sending a car to a SPECIALIST who you can trust is not out of this world , Miami is limited to what they can do to my vehicle its not your standard Super but you probably forgot that during our conversation i even explained it to you that it had a Subaru motor - Please find me a specialist in Miami That can blindly trouble shoot my problems on this - I've had it in 2 shops with no success I will more then welcome you suggestion .

Jim i chose open trailer cause it was the fastest one i could find to meet your deadline - I apologized multiple times Jim on the phone and via text, i am not as experience with this as you are - I trusted you and was Honest with you

I called you at 10:08 to inform you what I cause which i agree is my fault i put the wrapping on a section of the vehicle incorrectly and that it had delayed him a little more Please recalled i apologized about that

All i did was to ask you one two times for a copy of your ID - once in text when i had sent you the screen shot of the transfer and when i called in regards to me delaying the other driver -

Jim there was no argument between you and I , It was a one sided conversation which i wasn't given an opportunity to convey myself to you, You said excuse my french said some distasteful things and hung up.You spoke your mind and DIDN'T give me a chance

I did call you alot of times JIM - Imagine you making plans to take something that means so much to you paying multiple people and having one person abandon it in the parking lot of a Walmart. Maybe you were having a bad day Jim - But that should of been no reason to have left out to dry - "Bottom of the barrel type situation like you mentioned in your early call -

Here is the screen shot of our messages back and forward I literally BEGGED YOU FOR AN HOUR -

TrulyVintage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:58 pm    Post subject: NO Reply with quote

ron169 wrote:
TrulyVintage wrote:
ron169 wrote:

Just Say .... NO

my trailer.

Drivers License.

in Miami .....

Jim

You have pictures of the vehicle , and pictures of me telling you payment is ready at destination , THAT IS WHAT YOU REQUESTED- YOU said COD - Cash was sent and waiting as you requested- you tell me how to do things and i did it i followed up every second of the way- you never saw my vehicle cause you are not a man of your word - You decided not to wait i offered to pay you via Zelle and Cash App and PayPal when we were on the phone - You did abandon my vehicle i do not live in Jacksonville you were in Jacksonville we agreed two days prior Jim i paid some one to take the car up to you as you were there i sent you Proof of the payment

one of your text said and i quote" I usually take COD(cash on Delivery) or you can pay in advance - i called and asked you that i would like to so COD you agreed

Sending a car to a SPECIALIST who you can trust is not out of this world , Miami is limited to what they can do to my vehicle its not your standard Super but you probably forgot that during our conversation i even explained it to you that it had a Subaru motor - Please find me a specialist in Miami That can blindly trouble shoot my problems on this - I've had it in 2 shops with no success I will more then welcome you suggestion .

Jim i chose open trailer cause it was the fastest one i could find to meet your deadline - I apologized multiple times Jim on the phone and via text, i am not as experience with this as you are - I trusted you and was Honest with you

I called you at 10:08 to inform you what I cause which i agree is my fault i put the wrapping on a section of the vehicle incorrectly and that it had delayed him a little more Please recalled i apologized about that

All i did was to ask you one two times for a copy of your ID - once in text when i had sent you the screen shot of the transfer and when i called in regards to me delaying the other driver -

Jim there was no argument between you and I , It was a one sided conversation which i wasn't given an opportunity to convey myself to you, You said excuse my french said some distasteful things and hung up.You spoke your mind and DIDN'T give me a chance

I did call you alot of times JIM - Imagine you making plans to take something that means so much to you paying multiple people and having one person abandon it in the parking lot of a Walmart. Maybe you were having a bad day Jim - But that should of been no reason to have left out to dry - "Bottom of the barrel type situation like you mentioned in your early call -

Here is the screen shot of our messages back and forward I literally BEGGED YOU FOR AN HOUR -

NO ....

MEANS ....

NO ....

I made the right decision earlier today regarding you.

Jim
ron169
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: NO Reply with quote

TrulyVintage wrote:

NO ....

MEANS ....

NO ....

I made the right decision earlier today regarding you.

Jim

Thats fine Jim im not asking you to take my vehicle I dont want an unprofessional Like yourself transporting my vehicle -

The purpose of this post was to give people insight into my experience with you
mixedup59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: TrulyVintage - [email protected] Reply with quote

Was introduced to Jim and his services about 6 or 7 years ago when shipping a 23 window bus in Maryland to our shop in Tacoma Wa. for restoration. Recently, we shipped a bus, plus shop inventory down to Las Vegas, from Washington. Since being in the restoration business, it's very important that shipments arrive without damage and require someone that knows what they're doing, and this last time the vehicle was absolutely slammed, which took special care on loading due to clearance issues. Not for the faint of heart I might add. However, Jim was very professional, cares for his clients cargo, fair, just an overall wonderful individual, and everything arrived safe and sound! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

If you're looking for someone to trust with delivery of a vehicle you're selling or buying, and value excellent communication with someone you can take at their word. I would not hesitate one bit to contact Jim for transport! 100%
Erickrux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: TrulyVintage - [email protected] Reply with quote

We recently purchased a Vanagon several states away that needed to be transported to us. After reading about many horror stories using commercial carriers, we found Jim here on the Samba. We wanted the one on one service to ensure we got the van here reliably. Due to the nature of the business and weather it’s important to be flexible with expectations. Jim was easy to work with and his commitment showed when he worked through the holidays to deliver our Vanagon before vacation ended. We would definitely use Jim again in the future.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: