Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Karl von Salzen's stash
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
curtis4085
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markd89 wrote:
Type3Buddha wrote:

I think I have responded back to all the PM's and I will be filling those.

Sent a PM yesterday AM, and waiting to hear back..

Patience grasshopper as Buddha probably got his hands full looking to fill orders for those of us he has already spoke with Wink

On a serious note!! Im sure he will answer your pm but you only messaged him yesterday, chillax. Are you generation NOW?
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curtis4085 wrote:
markd89 wrote:
Type3Buddha wrote:

I think I have responded back to all the PM's and I will be filling those.

Sent a PM yesterday AM, and waiting to hear back..

Patience grasshopper as Buddha probably got his hands full looking to fill orders for those of us he has already spoke with Wink

On a serious note!! Im sure he will answer your pm but you only messaged him yesterday, chillax. Are you generation NOW?

I PM'd him yesterday also. So what. Mark relax. If Budda gets back to us...good. If not, he's obviously a busy guy. Might even have a life beyond helping with all the parts.
DougB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here...thx!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
420GOAT
Samba Member

Location: Wilmington, CA on a nice quiet street but still in the 'hood

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sum funny shit here, parts and money always make folks act queer. Karl was cool.
Type3Buddha
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.... I think I have replied back to everyone so far...

As far as having a life... Well I am retired at 34, so this now takes up my time instead of fishing off my deck.

Crazy Nice Parts, insane quantity on all of them, a lot of pictures and cataloging. PMs. I promise, if you PM you will get a response. Even a sure got it, adding it to the list. Right now I have about 23 different people asking for certain things. Which I love, you are all being taken care of ASAP.

As for the infamous "yellow pale" There is ONE in there, the very first PM I got only asked about that Item, and his offer he threw out was way way way generous. I would feel bad if I didn't let him have it for his price. Not giving it away, the offer was more than $399.
AB westy nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Type3Buddha wrote:

As far as having a life... Well I am retired at 34, so this now takes up my time instead of fishing off my deck.

Crazy Nice Parts, insane quantity on all of them, a lot of pictures and cataloging. PMs. I promise, if you PM you will get a response. Even a sure got it, adding it to the list. Right now I have about 23 different people asking for certain things. Which I love, you are all being taken care of ASAP.

As for the infamous "yellow pale" There is ONE in there, the very first PM I got only asked about that Item, and his offer he threw out was way way way generous. I would feel bad if I didn't let him have it for his price. Not giving it away, the offer was more than $399.

Geez, and to think I had two of them in my possession not that long ago!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
curtis4085
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AB westy nut wrote:
Type3Buddha wrote:

Geez, and to think I had two of them in my possession not that long ago!

Damn. Guess I'm getting good return on my yellow pale bought 2 years ago for $125. Boy I thought I made a bad buy. $399 that dude got it bad!!
Type3Buddha
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He want's it, and I think he was generous to the cause of helping Karls Family.
scarygary
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome work!
Karl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get your hands off my garbage pail! Smile

I just wanted to pop in and say hello, and what do I find?? Troublemakers!

Karl's daughter, Michelle
Randy in Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karl wrote:
Get your hands off my garbage pail! Smile

I just wanted to pop in and say hello, and what do I find?? Troublemakers!

Karl's daughter, Michelle

You had me worried for a minute there Michelle. I was pretty sure Karl did not have internet access there. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DougB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone with an original pail created a 3D model from it we could probably have them 3D printed...probably cheaper than a mold for a small run Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Desertbusman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings Michelle. Good to hear from you and hope you are doing great. Sounds like you're finally making headway on your inhereted burden. Good for you! Wink
Karl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desertbusman wrote:
Greetings Michelle. Good to hear from you and hope you are doing great. Sounds like you're finally making headway on your inhereted burden. Good for you! Wink

Thank you! Yes...progress is a great thing!! Smile

PS. Yes, while Small Town, Oregon isn't as "fast" as CA was, we do indeed have internet up here. Though, I still haven't gotten used to the sidewalks rolling up at dusk. LOL!
Type3Buddha
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK guys!!! Took over 700 pictures. So if you PM'd me, I have not forgotten about you I am uploading and editing pictures. i will fill as much of everyone's requests first, I also have things no one asked about, so look for those in the Classifieds starting tomorrow.

Thank you to everyone for the kind words in all your PM's, and for being patient. There is a TON of awesome stuff Karl saved. I mean, does one man need 50 pairs of head rests? Shocked But that just means that 50 people now have killer head rests to replace their old worn out and cracked ones. Wink

PS... Like my name states. I am a weirdo type 3 guy. But I am a Volkswagen guy first, so I do know roughly what you are asking for. But if you could on some of the obscure pieces show me a picture of what you are wanting, it would greatly aid me in finding your part you need. Mostly in the tins and exhaust parts being asked for.

I do not have any bumpers, steps, roofs, tents, or the a YELLOW PALE. Cool
Type3Buddha
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*** Update****

I appreciate everyone's patience with me. This looked like it wouldn't consume me, but it has. But I like it, myself and my wife are retired(34 Wink )so this is giving us something to do. She is now the prime photographer. That in itself is a relief since I have already uploaded 700 pictures, I probably have gotten 20% of whats in the container photographed.

I am filling PM's first come first serve. I have saved everyone's. I will send you a picture of what ever you asked for, if I have it. If I don't send you a picture, don't be dejected, as like I stated above this is only 20%.

As far as really anything engine related, I have had to hold off on just from the shear volume of Westy interior items Karl squirreled away. I will get stuff posted. Have a ton of perfect tins, FI system's and parts, complete 1.7 & 2.0 engine.

Alright now time to send some PM's after I get me a drink, and a grilled cheese samich.
Type3Buddha
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://s925.photobucket.com/user/BmxBuddha/library/VW

Only about 200 pictures. Edited out most of the bad ones. Still need to upload the curtains, bug screens, interior lights, door handles!!!!, TOY's. haven't even gotten to hardly engine tins, or parts. There is a bunch of westy tables w/ legs, Cabinet's, drawers, odds and ends. Stick with me guys, it didn't take Karl 1 month to gather all these, going to try and handle everyone asap.

PM's. I am sending back requests. If for some reason you see your item, and i didn't please re-pm me. My inbox is only 100, and I filled that on the first day with the back and forth's. Your pm might have been accidentally deleted.
old DKP driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Karl's parts Reply with quote

I knew Karl had a lot of Westy material but this is totally unbelievable...
And, I am sure curtains to match. Crying or Very sad

Thanks' again to Greg for helping out.
sneakyjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumpin this although back in June I did get response in PM.

Thanks for whatever has or is happening.

Yes looking a for a few items.

peace
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
airkooledchris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met Type3Buddha at a local VW show here in Humboldt recently, and the stash is extremely impressive. unfortunately everything I was looking for was back in the big pile, but ive got a lot of very funky specific things on my list these days.

he's a great guy, and im glad the parts are getting out there and being dealt with properly.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: