Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I'm finally in!!
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
courtneyf82
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: I'm finally in!! Reply with quote

So after years of lurking this board and wishing and wanting, I finally got my hands on a bus!! I picked up my 1973 Westfalia a week ago and could not be happier!! (Except for a nasty surprise at the DMV when I went to transfer the title....) Anyway, I have ordered my Bentley and am currently doing rust repairs while awaiting some small parts and new tires to get it ready for the road. the interior was thrashed beyond recognition unfortunately, but I have no desire to keep it original, this will be a road warrior. I had my heart set on a splittie, but my wallet said no, and as it turns out, I really enjoy owning a Bay, even though the journey has only just begun. I have a long way to go, and a lot to learn. The first thing I want to learn is how to post pics on the board, so here it goes.....
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

-2008 R32
GeorgeO.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will find more complete Baywindows than you will a Split window. You are ahead of the game and if you did find a split you might have been disappointed. Split panels and doors are going for a premium and to find one that not a pile of rust for 10k rather difficult. Good luck with your Baywindow as I did with my 73 too!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
williamM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice!

opinion untempered by fact is ignorance.

Don't step in any!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Manfreds78bay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what your fiberglass pop top looks like, but I have one in good condition I'd be happy to give you if want to ship it from Chicago. Thing has been in my garage for years. I also have the cot in good condition.

Good luck!

1982 AMC Eagle SX4 4.2L FI
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard. That bus looks pretty solid. Keep us up to date on your progress.
courtneyf82
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replies everyone! It is pretty solid, Im very happy about that, and I just got the title sorted out at the DMV, that was a pretty major hurdle. Manfreds78bay, thanks for the offer, but I have the poptop in pretty good shape as well, but Im not a huge fan of it, I'm going to try to put a sunroof in instead. I will certainly update when I have done something worth posting about.

-2008 R32
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: