Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Reccommendation on Ring and Pinion shop needed
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSmyth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reccommendation on Ring and Pinion shop needed Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure my pinion bearing is toast... a groan/whine on acceleration and deceleration led me to find the final drive WAY LOW on fluid due to a leak. Refilled but too late.

I'm in northern West Virginia and am looking for any recommendations within an hour or two. Tight timeline too, as we have a trip planned for the end of the month.

Thanks everyone.
1979 Land Rover Series III 109 Safari
2000 Dodge Dakota 4x4 Magnum
2004 Range Rover HSE (latest project... looking for a motor!)
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can order a rebuilt exchange from places like German Transaxle, AA Transmissions, or Long Enterprises. That should get you going in fairly short order. There are probably east coast shops that will do exchanges as well.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: