Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Back of the Dragon, VA.
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolfram
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Back of the Dragon, VA. Reply with quote

En route from Hungry Mother State Park to Breaks Interstate Park so followed VA Rt16.
http://www.roadrunner.travel/2012/11/04/virginia-state-route-16-becomes-the-back-of-the-dragon/
Had to stop on the third anticline with smoking brakes. Spectacular views.
Maybe I should have got those SF brakes?

Geoff
88Westy
2 months on the road ahead.
chojinchef
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have done the 'tail' on my bagger. Was happy I did it with a local. Cops sit on both ends timing your entry and exit. Faster than a certain time, instant ticket. We pulled over for a snack and saved the tickets for someone else.

Would feel awkward being the speed limiter for those who can, so have not ventured back in the Thingamajigger.
Its a mistress; an expensive, whiney, needy bitch of a mistress. She is a chunky, dirty girl with bad skin, little motivation and yet she always makes me smile. She sure has been around before shacking up with me. She has a direct line to my wallet, plays with my emotions, is consistantly jovial yet with a sarcastic and sardonic side, is consistant in her inconsistancy, and every once in a while gives me a great ride and a fantastic memory.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SteelB12
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rode that stretch probably 6 years ago, I don't think the police were there at the time. If they are looking to attract tourists, the cops being over eager to hand out performance awards will not help things.

It is a really nice part of the state.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: