Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Dead beat buyers
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 12:55 am    Post subject: Dead beat buyers Reply with quote

WTF? I mean why do people say sure I will take it, will send the money out today. Next email from them is go ahead and box the stuff up I send the money out. A week goes by, no money. Contact the buyer, oh I decided I didn't want it or I don't have the money yet or I sent it, it must be lost in the mail. Gonna have to do paypal only within 48hrs or goes to the next buyer. You have to pass up good buyers sometimes waiting on these deadbeats.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 8:45 am    Post subject: dead beat buyers Reply with quote

Yup, welcome to the world of internet sales!
I get that crap all the time... Numerous E's back and forth pics sent ..... time wasted.... That's just the way some folks are....
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fourboxers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 9:24 am    Post subject: dead beat buyers Reply with quote

exactly its just a fact of life on the net i get it all the time aswell. especially on ebay
Tick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:24 am    Post subject: dead beat buyers Reply with quote

It can go both ways-I waited 2 months for parts to come in after I sent the money. I paid for shipping and the seller just couldn't get to the post office before it closed (ever)! He didn't have trouble getting to the bank on time!
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 5:46 am    Post subject: dead beat buyers Reply with quote

But there ARE honest folks out there...I've bought numerous things off thesamba with e-mails back and forth and a postal money order or personal check. Went fine. I think we owe it to everyone to post deadbeat sellers / buyers on the forum so that the rest of us honest folks can keep doing business as usual.
turdbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 6:24 am    Post subject: dead beat buyers Reply with quote

whenever i sell anything i don't consider it sold until the money is in my hand, whoever gets the money to me first gets the product...
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 8:43 am    Post subject: dead beat buyers Reply with quote

Same thing happened to me this weekend, was selling a set of Webber 36' and a full set of Devon poptop seals, just some stuff I bought a while ago and as yet havent used, being skint thought I'd sell them on.

I arranged to meet 2 different people at a local show.

Neither turned up.

The annoying thing is I was half way to the show and relised I'd forgoten the Carbs and Seals, so rather than mess anyone about I turned round and headed back home, added an Hour to my journey for nothing.
Ryan
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:07 am    Post subject: dead beat buyers Reply with quote

Yes it does go both ways. I got jerked by a dealer on here. No Names but I had e mailed him and wanted to go to see the vehicle(and asked him when would be good for him for me to call to talk about seeing it. being considerate).And I was ready to go at the drop of a hat w/ cash in hand and tow bar in truck. And if that bus was what he said and I would have checked it thoughly. I would not even tried to jew him down because it was a fair price. it would have been on the back of my truck and down the road in less than an hour. I got no reply. Sent another and another. 3 days went by then I got a reply. He had someone coming on sunday with the money but if he did not come up with it he would contact me. Well no contact and then after 3 or 4 weeks it was back up in the Samba ads. The guy flaked out on him...lmao. And of course I never heard a thing from him but I expected that from a dealer. Sure you have flakes on both sides of these deals and they are the ones that give a bad name. But if you gotta have it you will make these dealers rich and your wallets alot lighter. We all pay in the end!
iwearbrownpants
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 6:47 pm    Post subject: dead beat buyers Reply with quote

Dead beat sellers are even worse, or...greedy sellers, that sell super beetles with all brazilian parts, a scrapped engine, completey rotted chassis oh...and a 1 coat maaco paint job and holes in the floors for $3500 to kids who are just getting into volkswagen's with a trusting, open, and anxious mind. .....friggin jerk
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:52 am    Post subject: dead beat buyers Reply with quote

But isn't that restored?
TheSickness
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 9:49 am    Post subject: dead beat buyers Reply with quote

i hope youre being sarcastic and funny, because a rotted chassis and holes in the floor pan and cheap ass parts accompanied by a scrapped engine with frozen valves doesnt count as restored in my book. AND the "proffesional" mechanic's book, and hes not like, joe the mechanic, him and his father have been working with air cooled volkswagens for many many years
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 10:09 pm    Post subject: dead beat buyers Reply with quote

Yes I am being sarcastic. And I am also a professional mechanic and you will never hear me represent a car that I sell. And will not fall prey to some BS line that someone tries to feed me about the car I am thinking on buying. Because after I am done telling a prospective buyer about the car (in which he will hear everything bad about it that I know) and he still wants to see it, only then do I know I have someone interested. And the same holds true when I check a car to buy. I tell the seller what I find and give the price IÆll pay. If he /she does not like it I leave that simple. Because there are others to buy day in and day out. Why settle for junk? With patience there is reward. I see the slipshod tactics of some salesmen as I work in a dealership. And if you have read any of my other posts concerning dealers (like what was described here) you would know that I loathe them. I don't like hearing that someone got taken by some low life dealer. They save to buy then get a POS cause they were lied to and misled. But on the other hand if they are not well informed about what they want to purchase (i.e.: knowing how to inspect, known problems, etc.) then they should find someone to assist them. I have gone out with customers to look at vehicles and give them the skinny on what they are buying after I give said vehicle a full inspection. If they don't have the knowledge or someone that does when they go to make a purchase then they should wait till they can or wait till the next time. Even if they have to pay for someoneÆs time it could save them way more in the end not only money but frustration. When you purchase AS-IS you better be sure of what you are getting.

And donÆt think for one-minute sellers are the only slipshod group. There are buyers that take advantage of people too. And buyers can be just as deceptive. They can say things about a car that are not true and an uniformed seller may believe and give the car away for a song. Some will do things to the car while checking it out (i.e. swap plug wires, disconnect things, etc.) to deceive the seller into further price reductions.

To some it is a game that they play for the chase and others do it out of dishonesty and greed. Any way you look at it, it is wrong and the only way to combat it is do your homework and be prepared for the fight.

As my friend Cindy would say, ôLOCK AND LOADö and my favorite ôTAKE NO PRISONERSö
Derek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 11:24 pm    Post subject: dead beat buyers Reply with quote

In terms of dead beat sellers, I've been waiting nearly a month for a Bus steering wheel. I sent a MO to the guy on 10/18, and he emailed me back saying he'd received it the following week and was ready to ship. Well, it's now November 19, and still nothing. I sent him an email Sunday saying I would post his name in this forum if I didn't receive the steering wheel (or even an email) by Friday. I still haven't heard from him, but I will stick by what I said and wait until Friday to say anything more. Stay tuned...
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 1:53 pm    Post subject: dead beat buyers Reply with quote

I know what you mean. I got a "dude i'll be by wed or thurs" to pick up that bug deflector". So I hold it and he no shows. Thanks Brian from Modesto!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Air-Cooled Head
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 3:16 pm    Post subject: dead beat buyers Reply with quote

Circumstances can make someone either. I had posted some stuff for sale (not here) once. The very next day, my mom got very sick & went into the hospital. From the hospital to nursing home. I had I was in charge of all of that, including her home & pets. When I checked e-mail about 2 weeks later there were over 70 messages, many from the same person. Some went from inquiring to pushy to nasty. Circumstances.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 9:05 am    Post subject: dead beat buyers Reply with quote

Just had something happen to me. I had a deal all set up with someone, waiting for their money order, and I get a nice e mail message claiming something to the effect of "It has come to my attention that you sold my e mail addy, deal is off". Anyone have similer experiences? I have problems like this on ebay all the time too, sold over $1000 worth of stuff, have yet to see a penny and have paid $150 in e bay fees.... what a great time to be alive!
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 10:20 am    Post subject: dead beat buyers Reply with quote

I thought if someone was the high bidder and the sale ended with them up top, it was legally binding??? Sounds like some BS their shovelling to me! Another reason IMHO that e-bay sucks as it is such a hassle to deal with at times... Maybe some of the masters at E-bay sales will give you some advise on how to proceed... good luck...
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ronnie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 10:23 am    Post subject: dead beat buyers Reply with quote

I have had lots of problems with dead beat buyers on ebay. In fact I've got two boxes sitting by my desk now waiting for payment that will likely never come. When I sold one of my pucks last year I auctioned it 3 times before I sold it. The first two guys never even responded to my emails. You are not out the $150 if this happened recently. Ebay has a process you go through to file a non paying bidder report and get a final value credit fee.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 2:02 pm    Post subject: dead beat buyers Reply with quote

Yea I know its legally binding, but how do you make it stick? and in responce to ronniechase; yes you get your fial value fee back but not the listing fee. ah well.........
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 3:46 pm    Post subject: dead beat buyers Reply with quote

the best way of doing business is to accept non refundable deposits on items, so if they do deceide on not purchasing whatever you may be selling, at least you were paid for your time,
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: