Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

vw bus factory - vwbusfactory.com - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
Viewing feedback for: THE VW FACTORY
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: July 23, 2008
TanVanFun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Beth Osborne Same Story Different Year Reply with quote

We want to let people know that Beth Osborne and her gang are still selling VW vans in El Cajon. And still up to no good.

Beth Osborne, El Cajon, CA
Ebay Seller: nexttime619
[email protected]
[email protected]
AKA: VWBusFactory

We recently purchased a 1979 Westy from Beth Osborne via Ebay and had a similar experience to that described by aparrothead, Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:44 am Post subject: Wish I read these before I made my purchase. (see post below)

In our case, we got tired of waiting for Beth to ship the van we bought so we flew to California to pick it up thinking we would drive it home; after all, her ad described the van as "mechanically...very tight and solid, ready to cruise and camp". In reality, the van was barely able to make the drive from El Cajon to San Diego where we rented a U-Haul truck and trailer and hauled it home to Washington state. And, the Campmobile equipment is NOT in good working condition.

We did a better Google search AFTER we purchased the van - should have done that first of course. We found loads of negative feedback and stories of disappointment. Somehow she has no negative feedback on Ebay. ??

Be ready for the title to be in someone else's name - not Beth's. And she doesn't bother to register the vehicles in CA where she lives and works. So there was that to straighten out too. There was a California license plate on the rear of the van with no tabs. A DMV search of the plate number found no results. Not sure where that plate came from but it is now framed on our garage wall.

We are happy to have our new old VW Campmobile but it will definitely be a restoration project. Her ads are very cleverly written to avoid most - but not all - outright lies. Many of the repairs she said were recently completed were not, e.g. tune-up and new front brakes. However, the photos, and their captions, are the real lies. All her ads have lots of pictures which make the vans looks much more refurbished than they really are. As many others have said, the ad misrepresented the condition of the vehicle: We paid at least twice the real value of the vehicle.
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was this for "330971323114" I'd be fooled by it as well . So where is your negative feedback for her ?
It's a shame you joined the Samba too late ! ! !

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwsurfari
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why oh why did you not dispute the sale with e-bay?
the reason they have no neg feed back or so little is they buy lots of very small inconsequential items and garner "positive" feedback from that. not one of the VW sales has had good feedback, ever.

By the way, document the bus, as it really is, and post the photos here....
You could mimic the photos they posted on e-bay for a comparison.
79 Westy Eddie
78 HT Westy Nalu Imi
79 Westy Honu Li' u
79 Riviera Blu Maxx
79 Riviera Cardiff
79 Riviera Rell Sunn
78 Westy Abaco
82 Westy Hale Pua
84 Westy Lime Cello
85 Westy Fritz
78 Westy Albie
79 Westy Ala Lani
86 Westy Kukui Nut
85 Vanagon Morrison
79 Westy Malibu
97 Euro Winnie Mavericks
99 Euro Winnie San'O
99 Euro Winnie Encinitas
2002 Euro Winnie Trestles
2002 Euro Westy Ron Burgundy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MrEnglishman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Bethe Osborne erc. Reply with quote

And just to reiterate as I said in the other forum thread vwbusfactory has nothing to do with us at www.busfactory.com. Even Everett was kind enough to stop them trying to have that user name here on the site.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SQUEEZEINN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: nexttime619 eBay VW Van Seller Sharing my experience... Reply with quote

Beth and her group are still selling VW vans in El Cajon. What this means is a description on the Vans that are not even close to actual condition.

Beth, El Cajon, CA
Ebay Seller: nexttime619
[email protected]
[email protected]
AKA: VWBusFactory

We recently purchased 1970 Westy from Beth on Ebay as nexttime619.
I can Ditto many of the comments made here. I got her to agree to send me a small refund for repairs by having to promise a good feedback on the Auction.
If only I had done my homework I would not be in my present predicament.
My repair guy who I consider a friend and is giving me a detailed report is finding more things wrong ever day...He loves VW's and says oh well! I can get it running but it will never be what you thought you were getting; so do all you can to warn the Public of this Group of Folks who do not have any love or affection for VW's.
Buyers Beware!!!!!!!!!
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eBay policy has changed quite a bit. Im not sure how it all works with a car but Im willing to be that if the seller puts sold as is, used then they are covered in eBays eyes.

Gone are the days where there is a back and forth of neg-feedback wars. If a seller can prove you got your item, then no negative feedback can be left. Now that said if you didn't get what you paid for - ie some kind of description or the wrong thing all together then you need to open a case with eBay.

So Im willing to bet that most of you that got burned may or may not of been offered a refund based on you returning the item that you just shipped to your house and or drove. Having spent thousands already, and being told you can have your money back if you return it (spending a thousand more to ship) decide to just keep it and cut your losses.

THats my theory on why these people can keep selling on eBay. Bottom line is eBay dont give a shit, you got your item.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TanVanFun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: nexttime619 on ebay Reply with quote

We see that Beth Osborne currently has two buses for sale on ebay. We posted follow-up to our negative feedback there referring potential buyers to TheSamba Forum. Hope this helps to prevent others from believing the photos and the "ready to cruise and camp" statement and buying sight unseen.

Our van project is coming along. Our stellar mechanic has the bus running well. We have stripped the interior and spent many hours cleaning desert dirt out of every nook and cranny. The van is at the upholstery shop right now. We will post some photos when we get it back. In the meantime, we are using the trashed panels that came with the van as templates and making all new panelling with white birch skins. They look great. We ripped out the old dirty carpet and put in a nice vinyl floor. We put bulb housings and bulbs under the rear side markers that had previously been evidently just for show.

The pop-top has holes and needs to be replaced but that will have to wait...we have a pop-top fund going instead of a vacation fund Crying or Very sad The major brake job will have to come first since it's a safety thing...we are saving for that too.

Oh, we found a replacement for the missing engine tin piece. Now we just have to find a good sheetmetal worker to weld it in for us.

That's all for now. Thanks for the forum for sharing our adventure.

1979 Westfalia Campmobile
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got through looking at those ads . The camper has had the F I removed . It'll never Smog in Ca . The Top of the cooker is missing ,there are no tables or table legs . I really like the Cassette player in the dash .
The other van has an even cooler Cassette player in the dash . The sliding window on the sliding door is wrong . The Roof rack is stupid . The interior does not match .
These are pigs with lipstick .

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cailly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seller sounds like Adam and Jon at BayBays Kid aka Jonnyboi and who knows what other names they have used in the past, but they are in Montebello, CA. Maybe they are related in some way...

They royally scammed me in the purchase of a 70 Bay. It has been like the House in the movie "The Money Pit". Everything was great on the viewing, but man from the drive home on it turned into a "testing missiles here" experience with everything that could go wrong did go wrong. I too made my purchase of a vehicle that was supposedly a daily driver and safe and sound. If I had wanted a vehicle I had to restore to make road safe before I could "restore it to be the way I wanted it, I would have bought a "beater" that said it needed tranny work, engine work, brake work, electrical work, paint and body work, etc....

It really saddens me to see people taking advantage of others, but VW people most of all Crying or Very sad
aparrothead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to see that these people are still screwing people. I fought with eBay, sent them pictures and emails and they didn't want to have anything to do with addressing the problem. Of course, Beth and company wouldn't do anything ... not one simple thing like sending me the missing items they promised.

I finally got mine all straightened out but don't even want to total it up. They should be in jail for fraud. The CA DMV didn't even want to go after them.

I wish we could attach this thread to every one of their posts automatically.
Cailly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aparrothead wrote:
I hate to see that these people are still screwing people. I fought with eBay, sent them pictures and emails and they didn't want to have anything to do with addressing the problem. Of course, Beth and company wouldn't do anything ... not one simple thing like sending me the missing items they promised.

I finally got mine all straightened out but don't even want to total it up. They should be in jail for fraud. The CA DMV didn't even want to go after them.

I hear ya!
TanVanFun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aparrothead wrote:

We wish the same thing. Ebay removed the follow-up we posted to our negative feedback there that referred potential buyers to TheSamba Forum. That was disappointing.
brandt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject: 619-654-9328 [email protected] Reply with quote

They seem to be back at it.

I just listed a 78 Westfalia for sale. Nearly instantly I got a reply and all it said was:

"Interested. You can call me at 619-654-9328. I can paypal and deposit and be out there with cash tomorrow. Or I can paypal the full amount right now."

Not a single question about the bus or her name, more photos... Bet this Bus could have ended up in the UK to somebody that would have been sad!

Glad I read the above feedback! Thanks TheSamba!!!
wonderfulldude9
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: vw bus factory - vwbusfactory.com - [email protected] Reply with quote

I was almost taken by this seller.
Beware of them here.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/232302807107
https://www.youtube.com/user/ljosbo/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Am-bVAcueAI0iKsFxqu3Q/videos?sort=dd&shelf_id=0&view=0
AirborneRanger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: vw bus factory - vwbusfactory.com - [email protected] Reply with quote

Has anybody had any luck bringing this seller to justice? We found this thread a little too late and received a vehicle in poor condition, far from the description. We have a '78 on our hands that needs quite a bit of work. We paid $24k for the bus and it seems to need about that much work. The vehicle is not mechanically sound. Nonetheless, any ideas?

RLTW
AirborneRanger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: vw bus factory - vwbusfactory.com - [email protected] Reply with quote

ALSO:

BEWARE OF THEIR CURRENT AD:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-Volkswagen-Bus-Vanago...1438.l2649

1978 Volkswagen Bus/Vanagon DELUXE WESTFALIA CAMPER
1978 DELUXE VW VOLKSWAGEN WESTFALIA CAMPER VAN BUS * FREE SHIPPING W/ Buy It Now
AirborneRanger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: vw bus factory - vwbusfactory.com - [email protected] Reply with quote

We have found an investigation team and Id urge any victims out there to file a complaint here:

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/connect/846a5018...OD=AJPERES

I sure hope you all are still out there and will help us stop these people!
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: vw bus factory - vwbusfactory.com - [email protected] Reply with quote

AirborneRanger wrote:
Nonetheless, any ideas?

Normally I would say small claims court but if it's $24K I believe that is over the maximum amount for small claims.

There is a very good chance you would be out of luck anyway as most vehicle sales are "as-is" condition.

All you can do is warn others.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rickshak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: vw bus factory - vwbusfactory.com - [email protected] Reply with quote

She’s still in business. Responded to a Samba as that I placed. Just an FYI.
husker8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: vw bus factory - vwbusfactory.com - [email protected] Reply with quote

Thank god I found you folks! I was about one day away from buying a 1984 Jeep they are selling on Ebay I even emailed with her. Yikes!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: