Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Manx On The Banx, Oct. 14 - 19, 2013
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
73SpeedBuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Topsails not considered part of the Outer Banks?
Manxter #39 on a 1971 Pan
Turbo-charged Subaru EJ25D (DOHC)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3923620/1971-volkswagen-beetle#

-Adam
Big_kid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm FAR from an expert, but I think Topsail is considered part of the "Core Banks", whatever that means. When I think of OBX I think from the Virginia Line down to Ocracoke.
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big_kid wrote:
When I think of OBX I think from the Virginia Line down to Ocracoke.

That is how I view them too.

http://www.ncnatural.com/Coast/dynamics.html

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Big_kid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joescoolcustoms wrote:
Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone

Sounds like my buggy!
1madmanx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mail-in Registration is Closed!

That's it! We are in the home stretch for the MOTB 2013. If anyone wishes to attend the event, but hasn't registered, you can do walk-up registration at any of our morning rally points. Review the Events Calendar on the website for location and time. Please check out the Important Documents section (top right corner of the website) for newly added docs. At this point, if you are attending or planning to attend, you should check the website daily. Up-to-date information will be posted almost daily. C U on The Banx!

Bud
'66 Kombi Bus
'73 Thing
Visit my Galleries:
https://manxclub.com/forum/app.php/gallery/album/44
surfnc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

12 Days and counting!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
frizzardking
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Manx on the Banx 2012 Reply with quote

Can't Wait !!! More from last year!!!!

SiggyManx#33
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12 days to go and I am rebuilding my transaxle!

I should have kept the yellow buggy on the front row in Marc's picture.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joescoolcustoms wrote:
12 days to go and I am rebuilding my transaxle!

We didnt't expect for any less... Laughing
Plenty of time..
Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1madmanx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on MOTB Scheduling

As an added benefit of our elected official’s decision to partially shut down the U.S. government, Vince and I have had to dip into our Plan B’s already (and the MOTB hasn’t even started yet). A number of our destinations have been closed (and even sold) resulting in a change to and shuffling of the schedule. We view the changes positively and hope the attendees will also.

If you are planning to attend the MOTB, please visit www.manxonthebanx.com and view the Events Calendar and Important Documents to read the details of the latest adjustments. Check back frequently as additional information will be added.

11 more days and counting Laughing
'66 Kombi Bus
'73 Thing
Visit my Galleries:
Mike_CNYBuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The kids are super excited about the GraveDigger event (so am I).

I see there is only one night where there is a bonfire gathering, Will there be anything else going on in the late evenings? I'm hoping to do a little partying on my vacation Very Happy

I wonder if Keith was able to fit the buggy fire pit in the buggy Wink

Kristen's Buggy (UltaViolet) Build Thread

VW Club of Central New York
1madmanx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike_CNYBuggy wrote:
The kids are super excited about the GraveDigger event (so am I).

I see there is only one night where there is a bonfire gathering, Will there be anything else going on in the late evenings? I'm hoping to do a little partying on my vacation Very Happy

I wonder if Keith was able to fit the buggy fire pit in the buggy Wink

Mike, unfortunately our plans for the beach bonfire have "gone up in smoke" thanks to politics. Our beach meeting spot is under the National Park Service control and has been completely shuttered! We are moving our Saturday evening location to a beautiful spot we used last year (unfortunately no bonfires allowed). If by some stroke of luck things are worked out in D.C. and the beach is opened, we will move back to the beach. This will most likely be a day-to-day decision.

As for evening events: we have a couple of informal dinner gatherings arranged (one hasn't been posted to the calendar yet). As in past years, small groups may break off and create their own get togethers.

Keep checking the calendar. There are a few things still in flux.

Bud
'66 Kombi Bus
'73 Thing
Visit my Galleries:
surfnc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike/All

We have dinner planned on Thursday 10/17 with Karaoke after.

We have designed this event to be a vacation "fun" gathering for the entire family. There are plenty of clubs, bars etc that are still open this time of year and we encourage all to have a good time.

With that said, we ask that everyone respect the beaches and conduct themselves in a manner that does not bring negative attention to the group. This will ensure our continued ability to host this event here. You also do not want to have too much to drink and drive because you will get free room and board (not to mention stylish orange pajamas) at the Manteo Detention Center.

I also want to mention that the morning "Rally Point" meetings are VERY important! This is where you will find out what our planned run is for the day and ANY changes to the up coming schedule. (which seem to be many with the Government shut down) Keep in mind you do not have to go on the run but can break off with a smaller group and go out on your own. (again do not bring negative attention to yourselves) This also gives us a chance to get a count so we can pick a place for lunch that can handle the group.

We did have one negative comment on last years survey saying that one of the attendees did not have anyone to ride around with. They spent most of the event driving all alone with no other buggies. This person came to none of the Rally Point meetings. We cannot address what we do not know about and everyone benefits by showing up even if it is only to say that they will be heading out to go shopping with their family. This way we know that they are OK and are not having mechanical difficulties etc.

As for bonfires they are allowed in Nags Head with a permit. The permit is issued the day before if weather/wind is favorable.

Vince
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fun will begin at 5 PM on Friday 10-11-13, that is when my vacation starts. So, no matter what changes day-by-day or hour-by-hour, I will be having fun not being at home. I will be riding in a buggy for 6 straight days and I don't care where we go or what changes, I will be having a ball.

I am very appreciative of Bud and Vince's efforts in making this event happen.

I am going to bring a gas grill and may have a evening cookout with burgers, dogs and seafood at our house in South Nags Head. Just have to wait and see how everything comes together.

Mike_CNYBuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheeh Vince, I want to party, not go on a drinking binge LOL. Don't have to worry about me causing trouble and I don't drink and drive, not at all. When I went to Carlisle, we all sat around the fire pit and night and talked about Buggy's and had a good time, just looking for more of that.

We rented a place in nags head so maybe we'll be able to get a permit and have a small bonfire and make some smores.

It would be nice if we can set up some sort of communication system where we can post updates. I am going to suggest #manxonthebanx on twitter and the manx club Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/manxclub/

Then if something is going on, we can post to these places and let people know where the unscheduled fun is and also use it if they break down, get lost etc.

Sound ok?

Man, I can't wait.

Kristen's Buggy (UltaViolet) Build Thread

VW Club of Central New York
surfnc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joescoolcustoms wrote:
My fun will begin at 5 PM on Friday 10-11-13, that is when my vacation starts. So, no matter what changes day-by-day or hour-by-hour, I will be having fun not being at home. I will be riding in a buggy for 6 straight days and I don't care where we go or what changes, I will be having a ball.

Joe could not have said it better. This is what the event is all about.

Vince
surfnc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike_CNYBuggy wrote:
Sheeh Vince, I want to party, not go on a drinking binge LOL. Don't have to worry about me causing trouble and I don't drink and drive, not at all. When I went to Carlisle, we all sat around the fire pit and night and talked about Buggy's and had a good time, just looking for more of that.

We rented a place in nags head so maybe we'll be able to get a permit and have a small bonfire and make some smores.

It would be nice if we can set up some sort of communication system where we can post updates. I am going to suggest #manxonthebanx on twitter and the manx club Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/manxclub/

Then if something is going on, we can post to these places and let people know where the unscheduled fun is and also use it if they break down, get lost etc.

Sound ok?

Man, I can't wait.

Mike
I will check with Bud on the "Tweet" thing. Bud does a very good job keeping the website up to the minute.

On the "party" thing. That was for general knowledge not directed at you personally. Sadly I have had to go over the rules so many times that people get tired of hearing them. Even then we have a few that disregard them and when I talk to them about it they look me in the eye and say "nobody told us the rules". I just want everyone to have fun and to be able to keep having the event here on the OBX.

Vince
didget69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Write down the rules & have the head of each party read/sign them. Easy-peasy & no excuses for 'not knowing the rules'.

bnc
73SpeedBuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike_CNYBuggy wrote:

Wow,.> I never thought I'd see an actual good use for Twitter! I may have ot sign up.
Manxter #39 on a 1971 Pan
Turbo-charged Subaru EJ25D (DOHC)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3923620/1971-volkswagen-beetle#

-Adam
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Jump to:
Page 9 of 17

Jump to: