Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Jer*Fab - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Jer*Fab
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: June 22, 2021
gabvwkey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cru62 wrote:
Is Jer going to be building the new stuff? Will he even be involved in the business? I don't think it is in any way credible to try to associate your new business, run by you and with you and/or fabricators other than Jer making parts, with parts built by Jer. Sure, the existing parts on offer may have been designed by Jer. But if he is no longer involved in any way, why would you keep dredging that false relationship up? Unless you are able to prove with out a shadow of a doubt that the parts which you will be shipping are equal to, or exceed in every way, those previously made by Jer, you are a fool.

And the JITB comparison really isn't a comparison at all. Many heads rolled during and after that fiasco. The thing that changed the most, over time, was the public perception of the Brand tempered by time. The public simply forgot what happened and remembered how much they liked the food. If you can make this tactic work, well, more power to you. But isn't it kind of like naming your new company "ENRON"?

And, just out of curiosity, what was your former Samba Screen name, Mike? You know, all in the spirit of transparency.

I think you would want to let your parts speak for themselves out on the open market instead of letting a tarnished name be your vanguard. Seems like an awful big hurdle to overcome as you are starting out.

Here is and idea, why don't you stop by and see for yourself, and stop jumping to conclusions?

Shop address is
1072 W 9th St #A
Upland, CA 91786
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joe56vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gabvwkey wrote:
cru62 wrote:
Is Jer going to be building the new stuff? Will he even be involved in the business? I don't think it is in any way credible to try to associate your new business, run by you and with you and/or fabricators other than Jer making parts, with parts built by Jer. Sure, the existing parts on offer may have been designed by Jer. But if he is no longer involved in any way, why would you keep dredging that false relationship up? Unless you are able to prove with out a shadow of a doubt that the parts which you will be shipping are equal to, or exceed in every way, those previously made by Jer, you are a fool.

And the JITB comparison really isn't a comparison at all. Many heads rolled during and after that fiasco. The thing that changed the most, over time, was the public perception of the Brand tempered by time. The public simply forgot what happened and remembered how much they liked the food. If you can make this tactic work, well, more power to you. But isn't it kind of like naming your new company "ENRON"?

And, just out of curiosity, what was your former Samba Screen name, Mike? You know, all in the spirit of transparency.

I think you would want to let your parts speak for themselves out on the open market instead of letting a tarnished name be your vanguard. Seems like an awful big hurdle to overcome as you are starting out.

Here is and idea, why don't you stop by and see for yourself, and stop jumping to conclusions?

Shop address is
1072 W 9th St #A
Upland, CA 91786

I think the people who can not just stop by would like to know the answer to this question also

why is there no sarcasism button on here?
cru62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gabvwkey wrote:
cru62 wrote:

Shop address is
1072 W 9th St #A
Upland, CA 91786

Gabe-To what conclusions do you see me jumping? My point is that instead of riding the coattails of Jer's somewhat sullied name, that "Mike" would be better served carving his own niche. He should give due credit to Jer for designing the parts he is selling and quit making excuses for him. I'll bet he has much better things to do. I'm mystified as to why someone would make cleaning up someone else's mess and placating their dissatisfied former customers a part of their business plan. Does that make any sense to you?

If "Mike" is able to step in and make Jer's parts as well as Jer did while providing superior customer service, he will be a success. I bought many things from Jer and he bought a couple of things from me. It was always a pleasant experience for me. I liked going to his shop and looking at his latest projects. I thought he was a Journeyman Fabricator and a heck of an artist. I was sorry to see life kick him in the nuts.

Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
ovaldave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: jerfab Reply with quote

Well cru62 if mike wants take on this great name that Jer created he has to make things right with all customers that didn't receive parts that's the only way to make it successful and build name up again. I'm sure Mike probably thought about taking on his name, but when everything was going great for Jer*Fab everyone wanted his parts they probably were the best maybe that's why he kept name. I myself got a pair of plates for authentic reasons recently. Quit thinking this over so hard cru62 and let Mike run his new business investment and everyone stop being a computer tough guy! Nuff said. VW por vida!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gabvwkey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: jerfab Reply with quote

ovaldave wrote:
Well cru62 if mike wants take on this great name that Jer created he has to make things right with all customers that didn't receive parts that's the only way to make it successful and build name up again. I'm sure Mike probably thought about taking on his name, but when everything was going great for Jer*Fab everyone wanted his parts they probably were the best maybe that's why he kept name. I myself got a pair of plates for authentic reasons recently. Quit thinking this over so hard cru62 and let Mike run his new business investment and everyone stop being a computer tough guy! Nuff said. VW por vida!

What he said!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cru62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: jerfab Reply with quote

gabvwkey wrote:
ovaldave wrote:

What he said!

Sure. Whatever. I guess we'll see how this plays out. Personally, I will be rooting for both Mike and Jerry.

campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: jerfab Reply with quote

cru62 wrote:
gabvwkey wrote:
ovaldave wrote:

What he said!

Sure. Whatever. I guess we'll see how this plays out. Personally, I will be rooting for both Mike and Jerry.

I thought the questions were reasonable and I don't understand why the new Jer-Fab owner is being evasive about them. I mean, he's advertising the same products, same prices, using old pictures of Jerry's work, and who knows if the guy has the same skill level that Jerry does?

I think Gabriel probably has a vested interest in things, either he's buddies with Mike or loaned him money or something, why else would he so quickly jump to the defense of Jer-Fab?

This whole situation seems a little weird to me. I consider Jerry a friend but can't recall ever buying any of his parts or using his welding services. I wish him the best in wherever his life takes him.
elryano
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent had the chance to meet you yet mike, I have known and been freinds with jerry for many years. We both worked for a shop called old buses back in the day. I have always respected jerrys amazing talent, and had the opritunity to work for him at his shop. Not many people know jerry and the passion he has for quality work. Dont let the trash talkers on here get to you if jerry saw something in you and took the time to show you his ways then im confident you will live up to the task. Best of luck man!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cru62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elryano wrote:
I havent had the chance to meet you yet mike, I have known and been freinds with jerry for many years. We both worked for a shop called old buses back in the day. I have always respected jerrys amazing talent, and had the opritunity to work for him at his shop. Not many people know jerry and the passion he has for quality work. Dont let the trash talkers on here get to you if jerry saw something in you and took the time to show you his ways then im confident you will live up to the task. Best of luck man!

Yet another person who doesn't get it.

No one on the last two pages is trying to trash talk either Mike or Jerry. I think those of us who have posted are just flabbergasted over the path that Mike is choosing. If I saw someone walking blindly out into traffic it would be my responsibility to do something. Same thing here. Mike is walking into a buzz saw. This is a relatively small community of enthusiasts and word, bad or good, true or false, spreads like wildfire. (Did anyone else follow the MINOAN/Mike Anderson fiasco?) It isn't wrong to try to save someone from themself. It would be wrong to not try.

That said, Mike is remaining conspicuously absent from the discussion. I guess he is going to let his parts speak for themselves. Best of Luck!

With that in mind, perhaps Mike will want to edit these pics out of his ad-
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

since I know for a fact that neither Mike nor Jerry build that particular set of Front and Rear HURST-style bumpers. I traded them to Jerry for a beam and a steering column chop. They were in fact made by someone else. I ran them on my '62 DC for a while.

Last edited by cru62 on Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elryano wrote:

Is that the case? Has Mike worked along side Jerry learning his craft for the last 10 years and has gradually taken over the business or is he a newbie walking into an empty shop and trying to put the pieces together? I'm not trash talking, just curious about the latest twist with Jer-Fab and curious about the skills of the new man in charge. I had heard Jerry wanted out and was willing to sell the whole spead pretty cheap about six months ago. I think its weird to advertise welding services using pictures of someone elses work.
elryano
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do get it it, i was working in his shop i was there to see how hard he tried to keep up with the insane amount of orders he had to fill, he had his hand on every part that left his shop to ensure quality, trying to get stuff done for people all over the world. im not saying the way he handled things was up to par. but i do know his only intention was to build bad ass quality parts and metalwork. and people calling him a crook and a theif and douschebag kinda sounded like trash talk to me. im not at all trying to step into the debate i know jerrys reputation went south. but hes my friend and i still support what his goal was and mike obviously feels the same about him i just wanted to give him a little support and wish him luck. give him a chance to prove himself. or just dont buy his stuff and if hes willing to do what he can to make it right why not give him a shot and maybe get what you paid for. or just keep goin back and 4th on here about it and be no better off then before.
gabvwkey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: jerfab Reply with quote

campingbox wrote:
cru62 wrote:
gabvwkey wrote:
ovaldave wrote:

What he said!

I thought the questions were reasonable and I don't understand why the new Jer-Fab owner is being evasive about them. I mean, he's advertising the same products, same prices, using old pictures of Jerry's work, and who knows if the guy has the same skill level that Jerry does?

I think Gabriel probably has a vested interest in things, either he's buddies with Mike or loaned him money or something, why else would he so quickly jump to the defense of Jer-Fab?

This whole situation seems a little weird to me. I consider Jerry a friend but can't recall ever buying any of his parts or using his welding services. I wish him the best in wherever his life takes him.

Funny shit right there Greg, I haven't even met this guy Mike yet, but as far as the posts goes, he seems to be trying to do the right thing, even fixing old Jer-fabs problems and yet people are trying to destroy his credibility before even giving him a chance to do so, implying wrong motives for keeping the name and such, who cares why he wants to keep the name alive, it's his business, his dime! Give the guy a chance! As far of the old Jer Fab goes he's always been cool to me and I reciprocate the friendship, his problems with others those are his alone to fix!
Jer*Fab
Samba Welder Dude

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are something else....I've tried to list the reasons and my motivations for why I did what I did. In taking over his shop, manufacturing parts that he designed, I thought it reasonable to keep the name and given him credit. Is he still welding and assembling now, nope it's me. Am I as good of a welder/fabricator as he? Again nope, but does a business magically start out with 20 years experience or do they somehow have to start at year one and develop the company?

When I purchased the company, I wanted to reactivate his ads so that I could generate some business as quick as possible, however in doing so I knew that there were a few people that had been burned and this is something I would have to address. None of this was done in secret. Everyone has known from the beginning what I was doing...and what was that? Trying to take care of people who had paid but never received anything. I am doing this out of my own pocket. Why you ask? Because its the right thing to do..It's called integrity. You may call it stupidity or question why, but I KNOW it is the right thing to do.

So right or wrong in your minds, whether you think I'm qualified or not, all of this is really ridiculous in my eyes. Post what you want, think what you want, but either give me a chance or not. There are no secrets. If you don't think I'm qualified then please move along. If you are willing to give me a chance, then I will do my best to earn your trust and your business. But don't expect me to respond any more to all of this.....

Also Narrowed Bug and Bus Beams!

Follow us on FaceBook and Click the "Like" Button or Instagram
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is he still welding and assembling now, nope it's me.

I think this is what people were asking, and it wasnt clear to me until now. Is it you running the instagram account? and FaceBook?

Did Jerry leave the vw scene? If not, what's his new account name here? Just curious, since it all seems to be out in the open and on the up and up
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joe56vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly think it is a little misleading since the jer-fab name is not just the parts it is the person too.
how can you call it jer-fab still if the quality of work is not going to be the same?
and no I am not bashing you or your work but you just said you are not as good as jerry.

I get why you want to keep the design work the same and give credit to jerry still
but wouldn't it be easier to just start a new company and say parts design by jer-fab?

btw until now you have not been 100% clear on anything there have been many questions asked that you have dance around

why is there no sarcasism button on here?
6Kabrio7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it odd Mike is taking over Jer Fab and openly admits he's not as good of a welder and fabricator. I think if I was him I would not have said that. Nothing personal Mike just an observation.
Jer*Fab
Samba Welder Dude

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
Quote:
Is he still welding and assembling now, nope it's me.

I think this is what people were asking, and it wasnt clear to me until now. Is it you running the instagram account? and FaceBook?

Did Jerry leave the vw scene? If not, what's his new account name here? Just curious, since it all seems to be out in the open and on the up and up

I own the Instagram and FB now. He left the VW scene and has no account on Samba to my knowledge.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jer*Fab
Samba Welder Dude

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joe56vw wrote:
honestly think it is a little misleading since the jer-fab name is not just the parts it is the person too.
how can you call it jer-fab still if the quality of work is not going to be the same?
and no I am not bashing you or your work but you just said you are not as good as jerry.

I get why you want to keep the design work the same and give credit to jerry still
but wouldn't it be easier to just start a new company and say parts design by jer-fab?

btw until now you have not been 100% clear on anything there have been many questions asked that you have dance around

Maybe you're right Joe...looking back now. I had no idea of the backlash that would occur from all of this. I am not nor ever have been looking to deceive anyone or I never would have come in here in the first place.

Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jer*Fab wrote:
You guys are something else....I've tried to list the reasons and my motivations for why I did what I did. In taking over his shop, manufacturing parts that he designed, I thought it reasonable to keep the name and given him credit. Is he still welding and assembling now, nope it's me. Am I as good of a welder/fabricator as he? Again nope, but does a business magically start out with 20 years experience or do they somehow have to start at year one and develop the company?

When I purchased the company, I wanted to reactivate his ads so that I could generate some business as quick as possible, however in doing so I knew that there were a few people that had been burned and this is something I would have to address. None of this was done in secret. Everyone has known from the beginning what I was doing...and what was that? Trying to take care of people who had paid but never received anything. I am doing this out of my own pocket. Why you ask? Because its the right thing to do..It's called integrity. You may call it stupidity or question why, but I KNOW it is the right thing to do.

So right or wrong in your minds, whether you think I'm qualified or not, all of this is really ridiculous in my eyes. Post what you want, think what you want, but either give me a chance or not. There are no secrets. If you don't think I'm qualified then please move along. If you are willing to give me a chance, then I will do my best to earn your trust and your business. But don't expect me to respond any more to all of this.....

Thanks for clearing this up. I was confused because Cru62 had some good questions and they seemed to have gone ignored. I wasn't trying to give you or Gabriel a hard time.
vint43
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jer*Fab wrote:

I was one of the people that lost money to Jerry and the prior JerFab. I lost $1,600 on an order back in 2012.

I called Mike and he answered the phone. Frankly, that was a great step forward for me as I had made calls to JerFab for many months and never got an answer or a return call.

I do not expect Mike to "make things right" for things he never did. It is hard enough to make a business work without inheriting a bunch of problems you never created.

Mike, I really do wish you the best.

For me, it is time to move on and just having a conversation was at least worth some closure (so thank you for taking my call).

There was a clear demand for the items Jerry was selling. I think the community will be better off if these items return to the market with a fresh business behind them and I hope Mike can make that happen. If you are considering an order, I encourage you to call Mike and have a chat. I think putting a real voice behind a business will serve both of you well.

For what it is worth, I have no ill will toward Jerry either and I hope he does find some new pastures where he can also start using his well regarded skills for the better. I have not always had positive outcomes in my business efforts and I realize when things unravel it can really go bad for folks. This one just went bad and it is time to turn the page IMO.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: