Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Whistle from carb
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Whistle from carb Reply with quote

Looking for options/advice

Removed the Speedwell Blower and empi 30pict1 carb from my 36hp engine...

Installed a new Brosol 30Pict1 carb, no blower...carburetor whistles like crazy, appears to be from vent tube.

When I partially cover the carb with my hand the noise goes away...I did some research, nothing found for this carb setup. Biggest thing I found was people claiming a vacuum leak could cause this. I don't believe that's the case as the car runs great

Any ideas?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
66brm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you say, the only time I've had a carb chirp at me was when I had a small vac leak that made the gasket vibrate, ensure the mount flange is flat or try running a thicker gasket

modok wrote:
I am an expert at fitting things in holes, been doing it a long time
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could float level impact this? The noise appears to be coming from the vent tube (tube at an angle that goes into the bowl at the top of the carb)?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: